Chapter 19

Man In My Dreams

-Myungsoo's POV-

I told myself to forget about all that happened yesterday, during Jiyeon's birthday. The ring.... and all the explanations--- I forced myself to forget them all.

I walked towards my safe haven in the school-- the soccerfield. But as I climbed up the hill, someone else's shadow was already there, hidden behind the tree.

I mustered all of my courage and approached it..... 

But as i thought, it turned around even before I caught a glimpse on it.

"You're here again..." I said while looking at her eyes intently. 

"T-that.... uh-"

"Get out from my sight...." I 'calmly' whispered.

"M--myung,"

"Go away from me!! How many times do I have to tell you?!" I lost my cool and shouted.

"M--yungsoo, I--i..."

"Jiyeon, why won't you listen to me?! Why can't you just go away and disappear huh?!!" This time I yelled even more louder. I, myself, is tired. "You won't go?" I stared at her eyes fiercely, and conitnued, "Then I will." 

I still wanted to shout further but my voice just became empty. So I decided.... to leave.

 I made my way down the hill when- 

 

"Myungsoo..... wait, " Jiyeon grabbed my hand out of nowhere. Then I turned around and faced her. 

I shifted my eyes towards her hands which has a strong grip over mine. But instead to burst out in madness---- shockedness... or maybe happiness, flowed from my head to toe.

 

"That r--ring...." I whispered.

 

Wind blew on us and we froze in that position.

 

"The ring.... its yours."

Suddenly, i felt like heaven was opened for me. Suddenly, the surroundings became brighter. And suddenly, my heart... started beating again. I can't believe what I'm actually seeing. I can't imagine what's clearly happening. Then i shook my head in despair to search for the reality.

"W--hy... I d-don't.... understand," my mouth opened on its own.

"Its real..... this ring is yours. You're not dreaming."

"Jiyeon.... don't do this..... j-just-- throw that away!!" I exclaimed.

"Myungsoo-- why are you being like this? Isn't it enough? Can't you see? I picked yours! I chose YOU!!! But--- why do you still push me away? What else do I have to do?!" I guess she lost her cool too by the time she said those words.

 

"I want you to..... stay away--- from me." I replied while tears started to flow from my eyes that I can't even explain the exact feelings I have.

I was afraid that I would soon break down in front of her, so I decided to leave the nerve-wrecking scene.

 

 

 

 

I reached the house late. I bet hyung has already fallen asleep at this hour.

As I stepped in the door, I saw Daehyun laying on the couch, with arms hanging and with the television on. I went near him and noticed a pile of flyers and ads placed on top of the table. I took a glance at them and spotted "Myungsoo" in almost all of the job searches sections. It seems like he's already looking for a job for me to apply when I graduate. Tch, this hyung really. Even though he's busy, he still has time to think about my future.

I turned around and turned the television off, then I took off my jacket and covered his body with it. 

 

"J-jiyeon...." I heard him whisper amidst sleeping. "I love you--" he added.

And naturally, my eyes began to tear again. So i went to my room instead.... to find peace.

 

It was already past 9:00 pm when i looked at the clock. I laid down on the bed forcing my eyes to close. I did close them but my mind was fully awake. I don't know why i'm still awake, but all I know is that Jiyeon's words today--- filled my mind, nonstop.

"I chose YOU!!" That statement rewinds in my mind just like a broken DVD-- and it bothered me a lot. It made me confused and wondered.

Is it really true... that Jiyeon chose me?

Is it real that the ring she wore... was mine?

Maybe perhaps.... she likes me too the same way as i like her? 

If so.... if all what i think is right, then - - what should I do?

 

 

I woke up the next morning because of the resounding noise from the drops of rainfall that poured heavily on the roof. I went directly outside my room and approached the living room. 

I checked Daehyun who was soundly sleeping in the couch yesterday..... but he was not already there. Then I heard something crackle from the kitchen. Ahh... he's preparing breakfast already.

I stood in front of the window and leaned beside a wall post. I carefully looked at the drops of water that formed in the glass, watching those chase each other down. I noticed there was a fog formed so I lifted my hands and wrote something like a child.

What should I do?

"Hey Myungsoo.... what are you doing?" Daehyun appeared and said.

"Nothing." I replied, absentmindedly. 

He approached me and stared at the glass, "Eotteokhae?" he muttered.

I stepped back and pretended that I did not wrote something. 

"Hey.... there's a problem right?" he added. 

"E-eh? P-problem? No hyung-" I fidgeted and replied.

"Myungsoo-- I know you. You're my brother." he raised his eyebrows.

"A--ah. Nothing. There's really nothing hyung-"

"Tell me Myungsoo- what is it?"

I took out a deep sigh as a reply to his question. "Hyung.... when do you think true love is achieved? Is it when you fight? Or is it when you give up for the person you love?"

 

*The continuation will be posted soon so stay tuned :) Comment down your answer for Myungsoo's question!!! I need your ideas ^^ sorry for the short chapter.... i just want to thrill you guys and get some feedbacks :)