Chapter 25

Man In My Dreams

-Myungsoo's POV-

"Don't worry, because last semester- I found a girl, sitting on a bench in the soccerfield, an ice cream. It was the first time I saw her and also the first time when I felt my heart beat again. And now, I'm sure, this love is not an illusion anymore." I headed outside the room and went to find Jiyeon. 

And i saw her across the hallway, walking back and forth. I breathed deeply before I approached her. 

"Sorry to make you wait long..."

"A-ah no, its okay. So, is everything alright? With Krystal?"

"You don't have to worry about her Jiyeon..." It was like a whisper in a convincing manner.

"Myungsoo.. its you who doesn't have to worry about me. I... just want to make sure everything's good. I feel like something happened between the two of you.... before,"

"N-nothing happened. Just something that I don't want to remember..... something that should not be recalled." I said, seriously. "Can we just go on with what we are about to do earlier? Lunch?" I added. She nodded and smiled as if she understood my situation.

 

 

Just as exactly we finished eating, I heard the bell rang.

"Let's go..." I muttered. She followed me as well as we made our way back. We separated then in the hallway towards our classrooms.

-Jiyeon's POV-

Just in time, I entered the class before it started. I was about to close the door when someone prevented me from doing so. She held her head down and I couldn't recognize face. So I moved on and sat on my chair. 

I took out the books needed for the next lesson when the girl entered, still with its head down. She walked towards my direction and just then, I noticed that there was an empty seat beside me. And as what I have expected, she found her way there and sat- just 7 inches away from me. She flipped her hair and finally, I caught a glimpse of her face.

"K-Krystal...." I whispered. She turned her face and looked at me, blankly. I noticed her eyes were swollen and red. "You were the girl... M-Myungsoo," I continued.

"M-Myungsoo? What about him?" she immediately wiped her face, particularly her eyes.

"Just that.... uh- earlier, the girl.... who was with him when you wanted to talk with him- It was me."

"O-ohh. I see." It was just a short and cautious reply.

"So uhh-- did you talk already?" I risked my life to ask her that question. 

"Y-yeah..."

"So uhh- is everything okay?" Once again, I risked my life for it.

"No-" She was about to answer when the teacher came in. 

"Class, are you ready for tomorrow's trip?"

"Yes!" the class yelled. I noticed Krystal cheerfully yelled too, so I did the same.

 

After the class, Myungsoo fetched me up and we went outside the school together. Just then, Krystal was by the gate, standing as if waiting for someone. I clearly spotted her but I don't think Myungsoo did. I was about to tell him about it when-

"Myungsoo..." she stood in front of us and spoke those words. 

I smiled to her and replied, "Krystal," While Myungsoo stared at her with an emotionless face.

"M-Myungsoo..." Krystal once again said.

"Myung--" I muttered.

"Come on Jiyeon, let's go." but he interrupted me and grabbed me by the hand. I did not have time to resist so we walked away leaving Krystal behind.

"Myungsoo what's wrong?" My curiousity bursted.

He did not reply.

"Myungsoo!!" I dropped his hand which was holding onto mine.

Finally, he looked at me. 

"What's wrong?!" I yelled.

"Nothing."

"What nothing? Why won't you talk to her?!"

"I said nothing Jiyeon,"

"N-no. There is definitely something! I don't want you to behave like this Myungsoo... you need to fix yourself."

"Jiyeon- don't bother yourself about Krystal. She's nothing to me."

"Myungsoo, she's nothing? Then why would you not talk to her? Don't you ever think about her own feelings? I just don't understand why you're avoiding her.... if she's nothing to you then."

"Jiyeon...." his voice pleaded. I walked ahead of him and disappeared.

-Myungsoo's POV-

"Myungsoo, she's nothing? Then why would you not talk to her? Don't you ever think about her own feelings? I just don't understand why you're avoiding her.... if she's nothing to you then."

But how? How could I tell you Jiyeon that the girl who once captured my heart and broke it... is now in front of you? 

How could I tell you that she once meant my whole life?

How... do you expect me to tell you all of this, knowing that you'll be hurt?

HOW?

I watched her walk away and disappear from my sight while I stood still, confused.

 

 

The next day.

The students lined up outside the gate, waiting for the bus to arrive. I packed my bags too and brought them up. I looked for Jiyeon around and I spotted her amidst the crowd.

I walked to her and spoke, "Jiyeon..."

She turned around and faced me, "Did you talk with her already?"

"N-Not... yet."

"Fix this first Myungsoo. Don't bother talking to me if you can't fix this yet."

"Jiyeon.... I'm sorry,"

"You don't have to be sorry to me Myungsoo. To Krystal. For treating her like that."

Just then the bus arrived and together with the swarm of students, she stepped in.

"You don't understand...." I whispered to myself then I followed them and stepped in.

As I went to look for a seat, I found one - But then the seat on the opposite side of it, was Krystal. Furthermore, beside Krystal - was Jiyeon.

I wanted to look for another seat but I can't seem to find any. So I forced myself to sit there, knowing that Krystal is just beside me - and her, beside Jiyeon.

Krystal smiled at me as I took a sit while Jiyeon glared at me. It was really awkward and I felt very uncomfortable. The bus started running and I also fixed myself on the seat. The trip was expected to be 3 hours so we are expected to arrive at 11:00 am.

 

We took a stop in a place to take some rest. I stepped out of the bus and grabbed myself a drink. I did not see Jiyeon around and so was Krystal. I planned to stay a little bit longer in the resting place but I became bored. So i decided to go back into the bus and make my time there. 

I hurriedly find my seat and in just a split of second, I spotted it.

But- 

There was a familiar face beside my seat. And I recognized it immediately.

Jiyeon. She had her head tilted and leaned to the window while her eyes were closed. I walked near her and watched her sleep. I looked around and noticed that there was nobody around except me and Jiyeon. So I sat beside her and fantasized over her perfect face.

I spent the rest of the time staring at her, at every part of her face. Then I finally gave up and closed my eyes too while I leaned my back fully across the back of my seat. And I bet I didn't know what happened the next minutes.

 

 

I slowly opened my eyes and felt that the bus already started running. I carefully looked around and noticed that my fellow students were already inside the bus. And then lastly, I felt something on my shoulders. 

I looked at my left shoulder and saw Jiyeon- with its head leaned onto mine, and was soundly sleeping. Then I glanced at my right shoulder and found Krystal- with its head also leaned onto mine and its eyes closed, sleeping. 

I paused for a while and thought- WHY MUST THIS HAPPEN?

 

*HEY READERS :) HERE'S THE UPDATE ^^ AND UH PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MY NEXT UPDATE BECAUSE IT WILL BE THRILLING AS HECK! SO SIT BACK AND RELAX, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :D*