Chapter 18.3

Man In My Dreams

I arrived at the house later than usual. I opened the door and stepped in. 

"Hyung-- I'm here," 

Just then, Daehyun hyung appeared with a piece of pizza in his hand. 

"Oh-- ywoure hwere," he mumbled. "Come on, lets eat." he added.

I went straight to my room to change my clothes and prepare to eat. Then i went out and sat on the dining table. I picked a piece of pizza and stuffed it into my mouth. "Hmmm. Hyung its delicious."

"I know right. This is the best here." Hyung replied while wiping his mouth off with an extra tissue paper. 

"Is thwis ywour dwinner alrweady?" I mumbled this time as I continued to stuff up the pizza one by one into my mouth.

"No. I already prepared dinner but you went home late so I ate it all. Then I felt guilty so I went to order some pizza.. keke. Sorry." He replied with winking eyes.

"Nah. Its okay. I'm not hungry anyway..." I calmly said that I'm not hungry though I continued munching on each piece.

"By the way Myungsoo-- have you talked to Jiyeon already? She was quite troubled by that you know..."

The moment he said those words, I stopped eating and paused. I searched for the right words to say immediately. 

"Huh? W-we've got communication though...," I cleared my throat and added, "Hyung, I'm full... I'm gonna go back to my room now." I stood up and went to my room... and everything I just said was all lies anyway. We've got no clear communication and I'm not yet full. I just did that to.... lessen the pain in my heart.

"H-hey.... are you sure you're already full? You just ate like a wild animal earlier..." Daehyun stated.

I did not reply and the door of my room just slammed.

 

I threw myself on the bed and closed my eyes, trying to think things through. Then I remembered what Jiyeon said, "Myunugsoo-- you know what tomorrow is right? Please come... p-please." I slowly opened my eyes and said to myself while staring at the empty ceiling. "Tch, how can I forget tomorrow? Does she think that I'm dumb enough to forget tomorrow? No way.... tomorrow just means..... everything."

 

 

 

~Namjaga sarang haltten! *Man In Love playing*~

The alarm went on and its noise woke me up. I opened my eyes and realized that I slept from yesterday night. I recalled what happened and scanned the calendar. "Oh! Its today!!" I quickly got up and sat on the right side of the bed. Phew. I wonder what should I do today.

I scratched my head and pouted my lips. I stood up and went outside to the living room.... maybe let air pass through my nostrils.

Daehyun was already sitting on the couch, with a cup of coffee on his hand.

"Oh... you're awake... have a cup of coffee. Here," he said.

"No hyung. Its okay." I approached the sofa and sat down.

 

"Hyung-- you like Jiyeon right?" I continued.

"Y-yeah?" he answered as he spat some coffee.... maybe because of the shock.

"Hyung.... do you know.... what today is?"

"Today? All I now is today is June 7. W-why?"

 

"Today.... is Jiyeon's birthday."

"Really?! Myungsoo! Why didn't you tell me yesterday?! I could have prepared...." he sood up and panicked while I stayed seated, hopeless and regretful.

"I--i just remembered t-today..." I replied.

"Aiiiisssshh! What should I do? Do you have any suggestions? Ugh." he scratched his head as he walked back and forth.

"Uhh-- I suggest you should buy her---"

-Jiyeon's POV-

<< Flashback >>

3 days after the accident, Hyomin unnie handed me something.

"Jiyeon, here. This is your basic profile information. I compiled them to help you remember.... especially now that you've forgotten all of them,"

A pile of papers were placed on top of the table and I scanned them one by one. 

Name: Park Jiyeon

Age: 19

Address : Seoul, Korea

Birthdate: 1993.06.07

<< End of flashback >>

Today. June 07, is my birthday. But I guess Myungsoo doesn't know about it. Sigh. I don't want to have a celebration though, just his presence....is enough.

"Ji~!! Saengil chukkahae!!" Hyomin unnie blurted as she stepped out of her room, half awake.

"Yeah. Thanks."

"Hey... what's with the sad tone? Don't be like that! Don't worry, we will celebrate your birthday!!" she nagged.

"Ah- unnie..."

"Oh, come on.... There's no way there would be no celebration.... don't worry, I'll take care of it all!" she added with a bonus wink.

Tch. No wonder she's awake early. Phew.

 

 

 

The time of the event finally came. Tables were assembled outside and little by little, the ordered foods were delivered. Well, what can you expect from my overly exaggerated sister? Aigoo.

Its 5:00 pm. I put on the best dress I found on my dresser and fixed my hair. The visitors will arrive soon. Its better to be prepared earlier. Though there aren't any important guests at all, as far as i know, only the closest friends and classmates will come. Plus I did not invite them myself, who else would? But despite of all the people who'd come tonight, I just hope that one of them would be ---- Myungsoo.

-Myungsoo's POV-

"Hey Myungsoo!! Get ready! We're going to Jiyeon's house later... at 6:00 pm." Daehyun yelled while I was busy playing with my phone in the room. 

I stood up and went outside while scratching my head, "Hyung... I won't go," 

Daehyun was busy fitting in different suits in the mirror and he paused upon hearing me. "No. You will go together with okay?"

"Ah hyung... I said I won't-" 

"Myungsoo.... Jiyeon might be troubled again if you won't come. I know you two are close and I think you know that I won't let Jiyeon lose her mood again. So whether you agree or not, you'll go with me, understand?" He exclaimed and threw to me a pair of suit and necktie. "Here, this fits you right." he then added with a wink.

I looked at the suit and tie and sighed. I guess I have no choice after all.

 

The time finally came for Daehyun and me to go to Jiyeon's house. 

Myungsoo~ there's no backing out. I said to myself.

Daehyun drove the car and I sat on the front seat.

As we made our way to the highway, Daehyun muttered, "Myungsoo-- are you sure about the thing that you suggested? Isn't it a bit too much?" 

It shocked me for a moment and "Y-yeah. I'm sure that she'll likt it hyung... 100%" I replied as I watched the scenery outside the window, blankly. 

Daehyun hyung did not answer back, but made a victorious smile instead.

 

At last, we reached Jiyeon's house. The place was filled with lights blinking and smoke arising from the barbecue stand. 

I stepped out of the car while Daehyun once again fixed his self in front of the glass window of the car. 

"Myungsoo, are you sure about this?" 

"Y-yeah. You can d-do it..hyung." I answered as I lowered my head.

"Phew." he sighed and took a deep breath.

We entered the gate and we saw Hyomin busy serving the guests. Familiar faces were also spotted along with Woohyun, Sunggyu, Hoya and Jiyeon's other classmates. 

Just when we stepped in the house, Hyomin saw us and hastily, she approached us. 

"Hey, you just arrived? Come in, Jiyeon's inside." 

"Oh sure, we'll head there now." Daehyun replied.

"And by the way, eat whatever you like. I'll be personally serving you. Keke." she added with a smirk.

I looked around and Woohyun spotted me then urged me to sit by their table. With a stare, I accepted his invitation and said, "Hyung, I'll go to Woohyun first."

"Okay. I'll go inside to greet Jiyeon.... wouldn't you greet her?"

"N--no. Just send m-my greetings to her...."

"O-okay, wish me luck." he answered with an ok sign formed with his hands. I gave off a fake smile and headed to Woohyun's table.

-Daehyun's POV-

As soon as I knew that it was Jiyeon's birthday, I panicked. But since Myungsoo was close with her, I asked a suggestion about what to do from him. Then he suggested me this one thing. And so I hurried to find that "thing" in the nearest shop possible. 

 

I went inside the house to find Jiyeon. I roamed around the house and found her on the kitchen. 

"Hey~" I approached her and said that.

She turned around and replied, "Myun- D--daehyun.... its you."

"Yeah, its me. Happy birthday." I smiled as I held her hands. 

"T-thanks." she replied as she let go of my hands. 

"By the way, I have something for you..." I said and searched for something in my pocket. "Here, I know its a bit too much.... but yeah. It's for you." I added.

-Jiyeon's POV-

I went outside the house through the back door. There was a table for two with a pair of swing besdie it. The area was well-lighted and the fireflies further made it brighter. 

I sat on the chair and thought for a moment as I watched the starts high in the sky with the bright moon as its companion. Then suddenly, a shadow appeared from the left side of the house. I couldn't recognize it at first but when it came close and closer, it went clear.

 

"M--yungsoo-" I whispered as if I ran out of the energy to tell it to him loudly.

"Happy Birthday." He replied without a single emotion in his face. He then approached the empty seat opposite of me and sat.

"I'm glad.... you came." I started the conversation.

"He smirked, "You told me to come right?"

"Yeah. I thought you didn't know--- that today is my birthday."

He smirked again. "So uhh- Daehyun hyung, did he already greeted you?"

"Yeah. Just a while ago...."

"Hmm.. I hope things turn out well for you two..." he said and was about to stand up but i interfered and replied, 

"Myungsoo.... why do I feel that.... you're pushing me away--- to Daehyun? W--why?"

He went back to sit and answered, "Daehyun hyung... was my only relative. He was more like a parent to me....He has sacrificed almost all of the precious things he has in life," he leaned his back across the chair and continued, "I even remember when he gave up his very important board exam, just to atttend my graduation...because he does not want to see me lonely....without a parent while other kids have someone to hand on their certificates..." he started to tear up while explaining. "I... clearly remember when he told me this, Myungsoo-ah, no matter what happens... don't forget that you'll always have a hyung by your side-- a hyung.. whom you can always lean on-- a hyung who will always be there for you whenever you have problems. I want you to remember that..... you'll always have a hyung like me. But that day, during his birthday... he told me that he likes you.... and from that time on, all of his sufferings and sacrifices for me.. came into memories. That's why I thought that maybe at least-- I could fulfill his dream even once.... and that is by you. "

I remained speechless and blank. I was clueless all along. I never really had an idea about what's going on. So i stood frozen like a statue. I glanced at Myungsoo and noticed him taking something out from his pocket. 

"Happy birthday again...." He said and handed me a small box. "But I think you should get this from my hyung. I know you're clueless.... but I hope you'll remember soon. " He then left while wiping off drops of water that flowed from his face. And I stayed seated... staring at the small box placed on top of the table.

 

 

After my mind recovered from the severe mental shock, I picked up the small box and went to my room. Just then, I remembered Daehyun's gift which was placed on top of the desk. I picked it up and together with the small box that Myungsoo gave, I sat on the bed. 

I opened Daehyun's gift and it appeared to be a--ring, sparkling and clean. Then I took the small box and opened it too... it turned out to be a ring also, shining like a diamond. 

I don't know if this was just a coincidence or what-

"You should get this from my hyung. I know you're clueless... but i hope you'll remember soon."

Those words..... what does Myungsoo mean when he said that? Perhaps...

I fidgeted and wondered for a moment. Maybe.... I'm supposed to.. remember something? Hmm. 

I lied down and closed my eyes, to test if a shattered piece of memory would appear. Then after clearing my thoughts, something came up.

<< Flashback >>

Hyomin unnie and i was in the library, looking for some books. 

"Oh- Its your birthday today Jiyeonnie` so how do we celebrate?" Hyomin blurted. 

"Hey unnie... don't be loud, "

"Its okay. Nobody will hear... and anyways, its just a random birthday topic, duh~ You're super sensitive." she answered with a pissed smirk.

"But unnie, I don't want a celebration.."

"Eh!? Then what is that you want?"

"Uhmm.. I wish that for my next birthday.... I'll have a ring as a gift. Keke." 

"A ring?! Isn't that a bit too much?" she exclaimed.

"For me it isn't.... its just that--- i want to have a ring.." 

"Alright. I'll buy you a ring for your next birthday." 

"Ahhh.. not from you----"

"Then from who?" her eyes widened.

"I want a ring.... from the man who will like me...."

Hyomin spat some water because of my shocking statement.

"Jiyeon ah~ Are you serious?! The man.... who will like you?!"

"Y-yeah. So unnie-- if you'll know a man who likes me... tell him I want a ring... kekeke~~" I giggled.

"Okay. I'll spread the news to the whole school-- " She answered back excitedly with a wink.

"Hey!! Its not like that-"

I paused when I heard someone else's book fall on the ground which really made a big noise. That guy must be careful though. But nevermind, he already fixed his mess.

<< End of flashback >>

I opened my eyes and realized it all. I realized the reason why Myungsoo told me that. 

Then I stared intently at the two rings. And picked one and inserted it through my index finger. I then stretched my hand and looked at it.

"Beautiful. This ring is beautiful... I like it." I said to myself. 

 

*Annnnyeeeeoonnnggggg!! :) I AM BACK WITH THE LATEST CHAPTER!! How are you guys? Did you enjoy this chapter? And-- the ring... which do you think Jiyeon picked up? Daehyun's or Myungsoo's? Stay tuned for more updates!! Please bear for my laziness XD Comment, subscribe! <3*