Chapter 16: Hyomin xx Woohyun [BONUS]

Man In My Dreams

*Hey there guys!. I've been out for a week but i still managed to work out this story. So uhm,I know you'e been wanting to know what might happen next, following the previous chapter wherein Myungsoo and Daehyun are brothers-- So I made this in order for you to wonder more and be further curioused for the next chapter. This will also give you a glimpse on Hyomin and Woohyun's first meeting. And uhm, don't worry guys, I'm working out the next chapter so please keep calm and wait for the next update! ^^*

 

 

"Hello? Oh, yes. Please check on that. Y-yes. I want you to print out the posters needed as soon as possible okay? And the prizes for the winners, make sure they're ready alright? Okay... things are a little busy here so I'm hanging up.-- Uh huh, okay. Bye."

Yes. Things are a little busy here in school. Its never really easy to be the chairman of the school activities. You have to move and act anytime you find. The school olympics is approaching soon so the entire school staff is going all out preparing for the things needed to be done. The olympics will be held on Friday. Today is Monday so we only have 4 days left to prepare. The school olympics comprises the marathon, basketball, taekwondo, archery, fencing and high jump. We only have these few events but the participants will certainly balloon up. By the way, I'm Hyomin. Park Hyomin.

 

-Hyomin's POV-

I piled up the document papers on my arms and hurried to the office. Today is the deadline for submitting these papers and I'm chasing that deadline now. 

I ran to the office in haste, there are still other things that waits to be done and I can't afford to do them all at once.

 

Crash.

 

As I ran, a certain guy bumped me and the next time I saw, the papers scattered around the floor and I found myself lying down.

"Owww. My back h-hurts..." I moaned in pain while holding my back.

After a few moments, I stood up. I recovered and realized the situation. 

"Ughhh! What are you -- ? Ugh! Look at what you've done!!" I screamed like there was no one present at that time.

"I--I... I'm sorry." the guy knelt down and one by one, he picked up the scattered papers. "H-here.."

I snatched the papers away from his hands and did not say a word. I gave him a glare and continued to walk towards the office.

 

"Uh-- H-hey.."

"What?!" I replied sarcastically. He just made my day bad. Wow.

"I uh- I want to register for the school olympics.... you're the one whom to register right?" he said.

I looked for the registry papers and handed it to him, roughly. "Fill this up."

"T-thank you.."

 

It took him five minutes to fill up the form. And i was almost giving up my patience when he submitted the paper.

"Here. Thanks. And by the way, I didn't run to and bumped you. I was just standing there waiting for you because I wanted to register. In short, YOU bumped into me." he smiled, i mean more like a chuckle. He turned around and left.

"H-hey... HEYYY!!" Aishh. What a bad mood to start my day! I looked at his paper and said to myself, Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.

 

 

 

 

Its Friday. The day of the olympics. The most awaited school event. 

Bannerd were posted on different parts of the school. Various booths were structured along the corners. And students and participants scattered around.

And so the events started one by one. Winners were declared and prizes were claimed.

But there's still one event left to be done.

The most awaited and exciting event.

 

The marathon.

Awaited because almost the majority of the participants registers in this event. And exciting because the majority of these participants, has such the good looks that makes the fangirls go crazy over them.

Screams filled the stadium. This is the last and final activity organized by us so we hoped to the highest that it would be succesful without any fatalities.

"Ladies and gentlemen.. We are here at the last and final event of our school olympics. Are you all ready?!" the announcer said. And of course, the reply was all earbanging screams.

I stood on the starting line along with the staff. The male teacher stood forward with a starting gun. The players also got ready on their positions.

*FIRE!!*

And the gun was fired. The marathon officially began.

The athletes started running on their own. And as they each passed by us, one person caught my attention. 

With the shirt number 7, he waved at me smiling as he run past the starting line. I recognized him right away. 

I quickly scanned the papers to find him. --Nam Woohyun. 23. Engineering.

I see... so he joined the marathon event. I watched him sprint amidst the other players. He was no special at all, but i dont know why my eyes keep on locating his back.

The marathon consists of a 100 meter run. So you must have the endurance to survive.

I took a time to sit down and relax. As I thought, everything is going well as planned.

 

 

A few and many minutes more, a staff rushed to the tent where I was located together with the other staff. 

"E-emergency..... there's an emergency..." he gasped.

"W--w-what do you mean?"

"L-look for yourself..."

I went outside the tent to look at what's happening. The crowd also shuddered.

A guy half away from the finish line, has his other leg crippled. Its partially crippled and from far away, I can see traces of blood that flows from his knees. I looked at him carefully, trying to know who he is.

 

 

7.

Shirt number 7.

Its Woohyun.

 

I immediately asked the medic to take him to the ambulance and be provided with first aid. But he continued running without even thinking. He smiled and waved at me time to time while hopping off like a deer. And finally, he crossed the finish line.

--

 

 

Pheew. At last, it ended.

I got out of the school campus by 9:00 pm. I still piled up the records of the players. But at least, its done now. 

Jiyeon texted me, "Unnie, you take care okay? Its late so, be careful." Of course I will. Even at this hour, i think nobody would dare to kidnap me or what. I'm just not their type. Besides, I'm completely useless to them. Keke.

I walked to the streets and to every corner, cheerfully singing. I was like someone who won grand lotto. But on this one street, a bunch of drunk guys gathered around me. They really stink with alcohol. So dirty.

"Hey, I think we got some company guys.." one of them said.

I felt nervous then. They went near and started to touch me. I quickly grabbed my phone and sent a text to Jiyeon. "Ji~ Help!"

-Jiyeon's POV-

My phone beeped. Its from Hyomin. "Ji~ Help!"

I got up from my seat and panicked for a while. Hyomin unnie-- she's in danger!

I looked up my phone contacts to see who I could seek help from, then I suddenly thought of-- Myungsoo.

I texted him immediately saying, " Myungsoo-- Hyomin unnie is in danger! You need to help her!"

I walked side to side, to and fro thinking of what might possibly happen to Hyomin. Yeah she's like a lion sometimes, but she gets scared too.

-Hyomin's POV-

They are coming really close to me. I started to shiver and sweated profusely.

"Eyy... don't be nervous girl... we won't hurt you... Hahaha." They laughed and grinned. Then suddenle one of them grabbed my face and covered my mouth. I struggles to get out but I have no energy to do so. The other guys held my hand to prevent me from letting go.

"N-no... Let go of m-me..." It was the only words that came out from my mouth, and it was just a mere whisper. I started to cry out of fear and entrusted all to God. I closed my eyes when--

 

"Let go of her!!" A shadow from a far screamed with those words. 

One of the guys replied, " What?! Are you crazy? Who are you?! Come out!!"

"I'll call the police... if you don't let go of her," the shadow said and took a step forward. By then, the lamplight post made his brilliant face shine, amidst the night.

"Tch. Such a bastard. Come on, lets get out of here." the guy said and the two other men dropped my hand, and let go of my mouth. "Its a lucky day for you girl..." one of them glared and smirked.

I was able to breathe again when they left. My legs went numb and i cannot move them. I fell on my knees...

"Hey-- are you okay?" The shadow caught me and I clearly saw his face then.

"Woohyun.... Its you."

"Yeah. Its me. Come on, its alright. Lets go home now..." he gasped and assisted me in standing up.

 

 

I reached the house with Woohyun staying close to me while we walked.

"Good night." he said as i opened the gate.

"Thank you...--Oh? Your knee.... its bleeding," I held his hand and noticed his elbows. "Your elbow too.... it bleeds."

He let go of my hand and said, "I'm okay."

"Unnie!! Are you okay? Did they hurt you??" JIyeon stormed outside and hugged me tightly.

"Hyomin, are you okay?--Oh? Woohyun... why are you here?" Myungsoo said as he followed JIyeon outside.

"Uh-- Woohyun, he saved me."

"Really? But he's bleeding.." Myungsoo said.

"Omo. He really is! Lets take him to the hospital!" Jiyeon blurted.

-Woohyun's POV-

Ugh. What a bad day. I hurt my ankle. Its because I ran with all my might, trying to impress someone. Tch. What did i think?! 

I applied a cold compress on my foot to ease its swelling, and sat down on the sofa. 

I was busy massaging my foot when a phone beeped. I cheked mine but the sound did not come from it. Just then, I found a cell phone on top of the center table. I picked it up. Its Myungsoo's phone, and there's a text message from Jiyeon. It wrote, "Myungsoo-- Hyomin unnie is in danger! You need to help her!"

I remembered Myungsoo was in a haste to go to Jiyeon's house. He must've left his phone here.

In a second, I dumped the cold compress and ran-- to Hyomin. I ran as fast as i could until I stumbled and fell. But then, I stood up and continued running-- until I saw her, surrounded with a bunch of drunk guys.

--

 

I woke up in a hospital room. Myungsoo, Jiyeon and Hyomin were standing outside, talking with a doctor. They eventually came inside. 

The doctor approached me and said, "Are you feeling better?"

"Y-yeah. W-what happened?"

"You twisted your ankle and acquired some minor wounds.."

"I-i'm aware that I twisted it... and I'm okay." I lifted up my body to get out of the bed when Jiyeon stopped me.

"You can't stand up yet..." she said.

"Why not? Its nothing serious right?" I replied in confusion.

"No... its something serious," the doctor stated. "You tore your achilles tendon.."

"So what?" I sarcastically said.

"It was already injured during the marathon and you did not pay attention to it.... plus you still ran a kilometer towards this girl," he pointed at Hyomin. "So the tendon gave up and tore."

I thought for a moment. And what i'm thinking should not possibly be happening.

"W-well, its not a big deal right?" My voice shrugged.

"It is. And I'm afraid that..."

"T-that.... that what?!" I started shouting and my eyes went a bit cloudy.

"That you might not be able to run again.." 

Then-- I officially cried.

"N--no. This isn't true... Y-you're lying!! This can't be happening!!"

"I'm sorry." the doctor said and left the room.

Along with it, I saw Jiyeon and Myungsoo turned their backs from me and left the room also. Maybe they could not bear to see my pitiful condition. And I cired like a pathetic child.

But then Hyomin walked towards me, she held my hand and whispered, "I'm s-sorry... I'm really sorry that because of me... you can't run anymore--" then tears started flowing from her eyes.

I did not react. I allowed silence to occupy the room.

-Hyomin's POV-

"I'm s-sorry... I'm really sorry that because of me.... you can't run anymore..." 

Tears just started to flow from my eyes, and I don't know why. Whether its just guilt or plain drama. I can't contain my feelings anymore that I decided to leave the room.

But Woohyun grabbed my hand and said, "I may not be able to run anymore.... but I'm happy that I will still be able to walk with you." He gave a faint smile and added, " Don't leave.... please-- stay with me."

 

*Guys. I'm sorry if this isn't about MYUNGYEON, but i still tried my best to make this up and I hope you'll appreciate this!! Stay tuned because I'll update tomorrow! ^^*