Chapter 9

Man In My Dreams

-Jiyeon's POV-

I looked inside the room and stared at every painting that surrounded my vision. I studied them one by one. I wondered if they were the products from the students I have taught before. They're beautiful. Amazing.

I was still absorbed by the magnificent works in front of me when I felt Myungsoo enter. I was already giving the last look and preparing to go outside when a certain painting, located in the corner of the room, caught my eye. It was covered with white cloth. I can feel a strong urge to open it,  and so i decided to flip up the cloth. 

It was a portrait of a guy with no face and had a cross pendant hanging by his neck. I looked at it closely and my head suddenly went dizzy. I felt like something pierced my brain. Ugh. What is this.. The guy in the painting... its familiar...

Blackout.

 

 

I woke up and found myself lying in bed. Ugh. My head still hurts and I feel dizzy. What happened? I remember going to the painting club room with Myungsoo to look at the paintings and there was this one painting that caught my eye and as I looked at it, several imprints of random moments flashed in my head.

I stopped thinking about it as I saw JB, Hyomin and Myungsoo talking to a doctor. They approached me. 

"Jiyeon, the doctor has some questions for you so please answer them, honestly." JB told me. I nodded.

The doctor drawed near to me and asked, "Jiyeon, what did you feel? Did you feel like something was piercing through your head? Did it hurt?"

"Yeah, it really hurts. It was like my head will explode." i answered.

"Did you see anything?"

"Yeah, flashes of moments. Random moments. Its the first time I've seen those but it really seemed familiar. The flashes were so fast that it became really confusing." I explained. 

The doctor then stepped backward and whispered to JB, Myungsoo and Hyomin. I overheard their conversation, "This sign is good. It means that her memories are slowly getting back. There are just some cases where the person tries really hard to remember things and overwork their brain and they end up collapsing, just like what happened to her. Do you have any ideas as to why she was forced to remember things?" the doctor stated.

"U-uh. I think I know." Myungsoo replied. 

-Myungsoo's POV-

Why can't you just remember the past and recall if you two were dating!

Perhaps this is the reason why Jiyeon fainted? Maybe because of this very statement, she was motivated to remember things in the past? This is my fault. I shouldn't have said that. But why? Why would she be bothered by that statement anyway if she doesn't give a damn about me? 

Hyomin was checking on Jiyeon's condition while JB approached me. 

"Myungsoo, tomorrow is weekend so you don't have to spend the whole day with Jiyeon. I'll be going somewhere so Jiyeon will be staying with Hyomin. By the way, it really seems like you're helping out... keep up this pace." he patted my head and smiled. 

I don't know why JB emphasized the- I- don't- have- to -spend -time -with -Jiyeon part. It seems like he was affected by the way I spend a lot of time together with Jiyeon.

Hyomin bid her goodbyes to Jiyeon and together with JB, they left.

I was left inside.. with Jiyeon. The atmosphere was awkward. Maybe because of the small argument we had earlier. And I guess i owe her an apology.

I approached her. She was facing the window. I patted her shoulders and whispered, "I'm s-sorry."

"Its okay. Forget about it." she turned and faced me.

"No. Its killing me to know that I was the one who forced you to remember things, with what i said."

"I said its okay. I just don't understand why you're making such a fuss about JB. I also wanted to know the truth so i forced myself. Its not completely your fault." she faced the window again and looked outside. She was deep in thought. So i sat on the window frame and faced her.

"Hey, did you know that i have a habit of giving jokes? One that would insanely make you smile."

"And did you also know that I have a habit of not -laughing -even -if -someone -gives- me- an -insanely, -crazy joke? So, don't bother." she replied with a grin.

"Oh really?Then here's one.... Do you know what's the hottest fruit in the world?"

"No. What?"

"A 1000 degrees orange."

"Pppp--fffff----tt. Seriously?" she was really trying to control her laugh but i could clearly see her smiling over my joke.

"Haha. See? I have another one, do you know what the broom said to the dustpan?"

"No. What did it say?"

"Eat my dust!" i said. She burst out laughing. And it was just like the most perfect scenery I've seen in my whole life. Its been long since i saw her laugh like this. Long before. 

I continued giving her my old, nonsensical jokes and she always ends up laughing like crazy. But then she stopped laughing all of a sudden.

"U-ugh. M-my head... i-it hurts..."

"Jiyeon? Do you want me to call the doctor?"

"No. Its okay...... the m-memories... I can see t-them..."

"What? What did you see?" Jiyeon got a hold of herself and breathed. 

"First, i saw myself together with JB in somewhere i could not explain, b-but i could see water.... and there's also Hyomin unnie and me hosting a something-like-school-event....there were many people," she moaned for pain. "and.. there's also a man.. with a blurry face leaning against me as though he was trying to reach out to me.... He was similar to the guy I.. I saw in the painting room. I just couldn't see what his face looked like, but he.... h-he really seems familiar. Ugh.." she fidgeted because of the pain.

I told her that I would call the doctor but she won't let me. So i laid her on the bed to rest. I was about to go outside and grab a drink when she held my hand, "Myungsoo.... s-stay."

"O-okay." I held her hand too and sat beside her. 

This could be a perfect dream. I'm with a perfect girl and with this perfect moment, even if i'm not the most perfect man in the world, I'm the luckiest.... because I have Jiyeon, with me.

 

 

I dropped Jiyeon to her house. I told her that she should rest in the hospital but she said she will have more time to rest when she's at home.

"T-thanks for dropping me here Myungsoo."

"Sure. B-but Jiyeon, do you have some place to go tomorrow?"

"No. I guess not.. Why?"

"Is it okay if i pay you a visit tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll just be here." I smiled. I felt excited all of a sudden.

"Really? Then.. see you!" I walked out and waved at her. I really can't wait for tomorrow.

 

 

 

The next day-

I did not have enough sleep. I was so excited about today. I carefully thought about the things that's happen. I rushed to the bathroom and took a bath. I shaved my beard and put on the best shirt i have. I sprayed myself with perfume and styled my hair with gel. I practiced what to say in front of the mirror.

"Hi! Its a good day right?" Oh no, no. That's not it. 

I tried again. "Hey, how are you?" Aaaaaah. No. Its too casual. Aaaaaaish. 

I took my bag and looked at myself in the mirror for the last time. I'm ready for today. Deep sigh. And i headed out.

 

 

I arrived at Jiyeon's house. I took a step on her front door and fixed myself. I was about to knock when i saw Hyomin outside with a trash bag. She looked like she just disposed the trash.

I called her and said, "Hyomin! Is Jiyeon inside?"

She walked close to me and replied, "No. She just went outside saying that she's going to meet someone."

"Really? Where?"

"She said it was just in the pier."

I stormed outside and ran. She said she had nowhere to go today..... And who would be that someone? C-could it be......?

 

 

I ran really hard that without knowing, I reached the pier. I immediately looked for a girl with yellowish, brown hair. I looked and looked.... and looked. And by the dock of the pier, I saw her, with someone. I went closer to see who that someone could be. And yes, my prediction was right. 

That someone...

 

 

Its JB. He was holding a bouquet of flowers with a yacht tied to the dock behind him. Jiyeon turned around and I quickedly hid myself behind a post. I sighed and searched for air in a moment. I glanced at them again and found out that Jiyeon and JB already went inside the yacht. I ran towards them, but it already sailed.

 

Tears started falling. I was in the middle of the people walking and talking happily, but here I am, crying like a child. Stupid Myungsoo.

 

*Hey guys!! How are you? Is the story going well? I was not able to update two chapters yesterday so i made this longer just for you!! What do you think JB has in mind? What do you think with Jiyeon's feelings? How about Myungso, will he be okay? Stay tuned and i'll update fast!*