Chapter 15

Man In My Dreams

-Jiyeon's POV-

"Hey, Jiyeon..."  I met Myungsoo at the gate on my way to class.

"Hi Myungsoo," Cough. Cough. I think i caught a cold yesterday.

"A-are you okay? I told you to be careful not to catch a cold..."

"I d-did... my body just seems really weak..." I coughed again. It was supposed to be a bit loud but but I tried my best to not make it obvious.

"You took your medicine already?"

"Y-yeah.."

"Then you'll be alright soon..." his face shone as he smiled.

"I'll go a-ahead," i said. I wanted to disappear immediately from his sight to prevent myself from looking at his perfectly structured face.

"O-okay, Take care!!"

I already disappeared through the hallway when those words came out from Myungsoo's mouth.

 

 

As classes soon started, my nose was busy running on their own. I find it hard to breathe and difficult to concentrate on the lessons. Time to time, I rubbed my nose until it got red and sore. Sniff. Sniff. I lied to Myungsoo about taking the medicine. This is just a normal cold so I thought it would go away soon. But I did not realize that it would go this far.

-Myungsoo's POV-

Its lunch. I hope Jiyeon gets well. I'll go check on her.

I stood by the door of her class and searched for her. I saw her on her desk, with hands folded and her head rested on top it. I could clearly feel that she' s not getting well. 

So i walked towards her, grabbed the chair nearest and sat down in the position where I could see her face.

I her hair and whispered, "Jiyeon... its lunch. Aren't you going to eat?"

She raised her head and answered, "Ugh. I don't have the appetite to eat..."

"No, you must eat to gain back your energy.... come on."

"W-where..are we going?"

"We're going to eat. My treat, okay?" I grabbed her hand and assisted her in standing up. I brought her to the store outside the school that sells hot seaweed soup.

"We could have just eaten in the canteen..." she complained.

"I heard seaweed soup is good for colds..." I smiled.

I dragged Jiyeon to the store. "Two servings of seaweed soup please," I ordered.

I guided Jiyeon to an available seat and waited for our order. Jiyeon placed her arms on the table with its elbows supporting the weight and rested her chin on top of her palms.

She looked at the window blankly. She looked exhausted. 

"Hey... you're not by any chance, angry... because I dragged you here right?" I asked her. She remained blank and silent. Well I guess she's mad at me, even a little.

Just when silence occured between the two of us, the servings arrived. 

"Ooohh. Its oozing hot."

The waitress laid the bowls on each of our placemats. Jiyeon remained on her pose and did not even bother to look at the soup in front of her.

"You're not going to feed yourself?" I asked in a sarcastic tone. "Well then... I'll feed you myself.." I scooped out the soup and blew on it, "Here," I handed the spoonful of soup to Jiyeon's mouth but she did not react. I put down the spoon and gave up.

"Krroowwk." 

But then I heard this weird sound coming from Jiyeon. She took her time to cover her stomach. This dinosaur gets hungry after all. I pretended to wash my hands and see if she'll take on the soup, savoring .

 

When I came back from "washng my hands", there was a big reversal in the situation.

"You.... you said you don't have the appetite to eat..." My eyes widened from seeing Jiyeon's bowl of soup.... empty and clean.

"Hehe." She threw a dumb smile as if she really never said anything. She her lips with eyes eager for more. "Myungsoo..... can I order more?"

"O-oh? Y-yeah... Go ahead."

Really--- Jiyeon, everything you do.. you always look cute.

 

After she finished her third bowl of soup, she regained her energy back. (or at least that's what I see)

"Here," I handed her a pack of medicine for colds. "Take this. I know you lied about taking the medicine..."

She accepted the pack and with a confused face, she asked, "H-how... did you know?"

"Of course... I've been with you for long...-- I mean, its uh- its part of my instinct."

I fixed myself after saying things I shouldn't have. But I guess it won't matter anymore because Jiyeon was busy looking for the details of the med I gave her like some 3-yr old curious kid.

"Come on, its almost 1:00. We'll be late." Jiyeon took the med and went outside. 

We were running towards the school when she stopped,

"Myungsoo-- If we run with all our might, we'll still be late." she gasped.

"T-then.... what are we supposed to do?"

She recovered and finally got some air, "Let's.... just enjoy this." then smiled.

I quickly got the message that she's trying to tell me. "So, where do you want to go first?"

-Jiyeon's POV-

 

After deliberating for sometime, we found ourselves walking by the streets of Gangnam.

"Hmmm. This is my first time eating streetfood-- Myungsoo."


"Really?! Then I assure you, once you've tasted it... you would want for more.." he exclaimed while we wait for the ddukkboki to cook.

"How much is all?" he asked the vendor. I somehow felt of a burden to Myungsoo. Just doing and eating what i want.

"75 won sir."

He looked for money in his pocket when the vendor said, "You two look good together... are you dating?"

I choked the moment I heard that statement. I also saw Myungsoo shoked by that.

"No. We're not." I was further shocked when Myungsoo and i spoke the same words.

"Aigoo! Denying it when its obvious..... how cute of you two..." the vendor chuckled.

I looked at Myungsoo and he did the same too.

"Here's your 75 won." he handed a couple of coins to the vendor.

"Thank You... have a good day you two!!" the vendor yelled as Myungsoo and I continued to walk.

"Uh-- Its really delicious..." I shyly said as the aftereffect of the 'are you dating?' question earlier. It became awkward between the two of us.

"S-see? I told you...." Myungsoo replied with his head down.

I continued to munch the food i had in my hand until i became satisfied.

"Hey," Myungsoo stopped and faced me. I stared at him, wondering. "You've got some sauce..." he lifted his hand and its fingertips brushed across the corner of my mouth.

"O-oh. T-thanks..." It was almost a whisper as if I don't have the voice to say it out loud.

Once again, I felt the beatings of my heart moved faster. It was as if the people walking around us halted, as if we're the only ones left in the world. It was like my world suddenly stopped. And this very moment seemed really precious to me.

 

And just like that, staring at each other's eyes... rain started pouring.

"Hey, let's find some shelter first.." Myungsoo grabbed my hand and we looked for a convenience store with a slightly up roof that could possibly give us a temporary protection against the rain.

"I think its good here... for the meantime," he stated.

We stood there for a few minutes hoping for the rain to stop, but it did not. Instead, the wind blew more fiercely and the raindropes became larger than usual.

"Its not possibly a typhoon right?" Myungsoo continued talking while I was busy rubbing my hands together to generate heat.

"Are you feeling cold?" he asked me as i made it too obvious that i was feeling cold.

"Y´-yeah. A little." Myungsoo then looked for something from his pocket and said, "Aisssh. I left the hot packs in the school." as he scratched his head.

"Its o-okay." I shivered. He then approached me and looked at my face for a second.

 

The next time I knew, I found Myungsoo's arms wrapped around me.

"Myungsoo-- what are you.."

"You might catch a cold again... so I'm providing you warmth."

I was awestruck for a moment. I was supposed to feel warm but my body froze instead knowing that Myungsoo, who is in front of me, has his arms wrapped around my body. And slowly, my arms also lifted up on their own, locating the back of Myungsoo and pressing them tightly against it.

"I'm not cold anymore.... because you were there..."

-Myungsoo's POV-

The rain finally stopped after an hour. Jiyeon and I were stil supposed to have some fun but then this weather spoiled it all. But nevermind, I stil had the greatest day ever. I really did not know about what i did earlier. The whole hugging thing just basically came up. Well, there could still be other ways but

I walked Jiyeon to her house, and YES...everything was awkward.

"Good night. See you tomorrow." I said as i left Jiyeon's house.

Ring. Ring. I was about to leave the place when my phone rang. I picked it up. "Hello?"

-Jiyeon's POV-

"Good night. See you tomorrow." Myungsoo said as he left. I watched him walk outside the gate and then I headed inside the house.

I found Hyomin sitting on the couch with a book in her hands.

"Hey," I said lamely.

"Hmmm. Looks like things are going good between you two Jiyeon..." she followed with a smirk. I pretended not to care and wnet straight to the kitchen to prepare our food.

"What do you mean by that unnie?!"

"Myungsoo.... that guy.... you like him right?" I heard her as she flipped a page of the book.

"Of course not!! Unnie how could you say that?!"

"Eh? No? Okay. But I sure do know that he likes you...."

"Ugh unnie!! Stop saying things like that!!"

"O-oh. Okay. I'm just saying what i think I know... keke."

"Its not like that--"

Knock. Knock.

Hyomin went twards the door and opened it. I overheard their conversation.

"Hi, Hyomin."

"Myungsoo! Why did you come back?" I immediately felt the excitedness in Hyomin's voice.

"Uh-- did you... have your dinner yet?"

"Oh... no. Not yet... right Jiyeon?!" she called out to me. Ugh, really, unnie's annoying me. So I had no choice.

"Y--y--yeah!! I was about to prepare the food when you came in.."

"W-why Myungsoo?" Hyomin interfered.

"Ah, my brother called earlier. Its his birthday today so he asked me if i could invite my friends to come over...Uh-- I was wondering if uh- i could make you come.." Myungsoo hesitantly said.

I glared at Hyomin trying to make signals to decline Myungsoo's offer. And i guess Hyomin got my message effectively.

"S-sure. We'll come." Hyomin said.

Aisssh. I lowered my head and cursed to myself. Hyomin grabbed me by the hand and whispered, "This is your chance.. come on. Get dressed--" and then she followed it with a wink.

 

 

 

We arrived at Myungsoo's house. This was my first visit to his house too. Woohyun, Hoya and Sungjong and his other buddies were also present.

We walked to the dining room of the house with Myungsoo's guidance. And of course, I felt awkward and nervous knowing that I'm in a man's house. And as usual, Hyomin was there, excited and glamorous.

WIth the clusteres of peope present in the room, there was this guy with a tall, dark figure. He was manlier than any other man present in the house.

Myungsoo guided us towards him and stated, "Jiyeon, Hyomin-- This is my brother," The tall, dark figured guy turned around to face us. "My brother, Daehyun."

 

 

*HEEEYYY- ITS BEEN REALLY LONG. AND IM REALLY REALLY SORRY. I MADE THIS CHAPTER VERY LONG AND I HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY! TELL ME GUYS IF YOU ARE SHOCKED OR WHAT KEKEKE xd COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! *