Chapter 4

Man In My Dreams

-Jiyeon's POV-

The morning came. But it's still dim in the room. I closed my eyes and searched for the feeling of peacefulness.

All of a sudden, light shone and filled the room. The streaks of the sun's rays pierced through the glass window and through me. I realized that today was a new day.

The curtain was opened by the man who slept beside me yesterday. He is tall and has a decent figure. He wears a tucked in long sleeve, slightly loose, but enough for his manly physique to be recognized, together with slacks pants paired with a newly polished leather shoes. The sun's rays struck his face as he tied the curtains neatly. He went near me and handed me a cup of tea.

"Hey," he said. "Are you feeling better?"

I got up from lying down in bed and fixed myself into a sitting position with legs stretched straight and back fully leaned across the headboard of the bed.

"Yeah, I think..." I sipped a small amount of tea to ease the dryness of my throat. I continued to stare at the sun who's diligently giving off its energy high up in the seemingless, unending sky outside the window. If i heard it right, the doctor said that I have mild amnesia.

Who am i? What things happened in the past? Who exactly are those people i saw yesterday?

 

There's no time left for asking questions. I need to find me. Right now, i'm a prisoner of my own identity and I must learn to break free from this prison. In short, i'm a captive of my own soul.

-JB's POV-

She's awake. She must be really confused of what's happening.

"Hey," I handed her a cup of tea. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, I think..."

"That's good. You know what happened?" I asked her. But she seems to be absorbed in her own world.

"Jiyeon?" I asked to confirm is she was paying attention to me or not. And i guess she wasn't. Maybe because of the accident, she needs time.

"Jiyeon, I'll take a walk outside. I guess you have a lot to think about."

I almost turned the doorknob open when she said

"Could you... tell me what happened?"

I turned around to face her. She stared at me blankly, like a child checking a man if he's a stranger or not.

I had no choice.

I walked towards her. "Well... first of all, i think you don't know me yet so.. Hi, my name is Jaebum Park but in the past you used to call me JB so yeah.. JB. I'm your childhood friend and we went to middleschool together. Our parents were close business partners so we really got close then. And yesterday, when i was about to finish my duty in the university, by the way I study medicine, and was going to pick you up from your school, a phone call informed me that you were involved in an accident. Your sister, the girl yesterday who claimed to be your sister, was Hyomin. Just like what she told you, she's the only one family you have now because your parents separated when their business went bankrupt. And then the other guy yesterday, he was the one who brought you here in the hospital. He's Myungsoo. He said he goes to the same school as you. That's what happened. Do you have any other questions?"

"No... Thanks," Jiyeon was awestruck. "Thank you again."

"Okay," I added. "If you have other questions, feel free to ask me about it." I headed to the door, preparing to take my leave when i remembered something.

"Oh, i almost forgot. That cross pendant," I pointed the pendant on top of the table beside Jiyeon. "Yesterday, when you were having the surgery, you held that cross pendant tightly in your hands. The nurses told me that they wanted to take it off of your hands, but you won't just let go. I don't know what that pendant means to you, but it sure was important to you huh?"

I finally got out of the door.

*Hey guys again and again! :D I finally updated the story with this chapter after four hours of intense thinking! Haha. So, did you like it? Feel free to tell me what your predictions are down in the comment box! You can also add comments for my improvements! I'll continue to update guys and please, stay tuned as always!!*