Chapter 5

Man In My Dreams

I was sitting in the wheelchair facing the window, watching the birds fly. I wish i could fly too. So that i could just escape from this situation and find a safe place to stay. Sigh.

"Jiyeon, they're looking for you." Hyomin, my "sister", said.

Who would have thought of me, that they'd even visit me here? Am i really that important... in the past? But regardless of what their reason is for coming here, I have to face them.

Two girls. The first girl had black, short hair with a pretty well maintained skin texture. She wears a school uniform and is carrying a brown envelope. The other girl is slightly shorter than her. She had her hair ponytailed in a clean manner and wore glasses. She carried a small backpack and looked at me with bright eyes. Who are they?

"Hey," the short-haired girl said. "Uhh, we're from the painting club and we just want to invite you to this exhibition event next week, since you are one of our active members." She took out a paper from the brown envelope and handed it to me.

"I-i'm really not sure... if i could come," I studied the paper for a moment.

"We understand. But we are really anticipating your presence." the glasses wearing girl said. Her expression suddenly looked down.

"I'll try." im really not sure if i could come so i just gave them a semi-yes-or-no answer.

"President Jiyeon... please get well soon." the short haired girl's voice cracked and she started to wipe the space below her eyes. "We're leaving." she continued.

President? What does that mean? A-and, that girl, did she just cry?

"It's okay Jiyeon," Hyomin told me. "You're going to be discharged tomorrow, so you can still attend the event."

I faced Hyomin and asked, "Did they just call me president?"

"Yeah. They did. In the past, you formed the painting club and you have also provided the art tools for the students who were willing to join. You taught them how to paint and you were really respected by then. Lately, you were obsessed with painting that you even risked going home late at night just to paint. Nobody knew what you're up to so they just let you do what you're doing. Those two girls who visited, the short haired-Eunjung, and the other-Jieun. They were the first students you've taught. It must be hard on them." Hyomin explained.

"So i was a good girl then....I was already living a good life but I just don't understand why-"

"Sssshh. Jiyeon, do you want to take a look outside?" Hyomin held the handle of the wheelchair and started pushing me. We took a stroll ouside the room, spent some laughs and talks. Deep inside, i know that she's really my sister. The sister who was there for me...always. Despite of all that's happening, i should be glad I have her. Just too bad the good memories we've already had, disappeared.

 

We reached the botanical garden of the hospital. The feeling is good. All you can see is trees, flowers, butterflies and other things that moved. I can tell that they are a brief representation of my life before. Just pure, active and has all the things in the world one could ever think. Maybe its time I ask more about myself.

"Unnie," i paused from seeing the wonderful scene and faced Hyomin. "How... close is JB and i? He told me we got "really close" back then."

"I don't know between you two but whenever you met at our house, because he visits us occasionally, I always get annoyed of your closeness. You were like brothers and sisters. Sometimes you talk comfortably and bully each other and laugh non-stop, then at another time, you fight over childish, little things such as changing the tv network, arguing about who ate the last chocolate and many more others. You were so close that he'd pick you up from your school late at night even if he's not done with his duty yet. He cares for you."

I just nodded. So that's what we were. No wonder i feel comfortable when he's around.

"And that Myungsoo guy?"

"Oh, him? I don't know much about him except that I occassionally see him in your school as part of the canteen staff. He works hard for his age huh? He should just focus on his studies, you think?"

So he's just a random guy. But... why did he even bother to bring me here in the hospital? Or was it just pure conincidence?

"Let's go back to the room Jiyeon." Hyomin started pushing the wheelchair.

 

 

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

Its already dark. I must have fallen asleep.

Someone came in. He's wearing a white lab gown. He must have came from duty. Its JB. He welcomed me with a smile.

"The doctor said you'll be discharged tomorrow and-"

"Yeah, i know, Hyomin told me. By the way, t-thanks." I gave a smile. A warm smile.

"You're welcome. Always." he replied with an even warmer smile. He walked across the room and prepared my things for tomorrow. "By the way, I have to attend a defense proposal tomorrow at the university and Hyomin said that she's busy preparing for the school's upcoming events so someone else will be picking you up and drop you to school. Okay? Here's your things. I got to go. See you, Jiyeon." he left.

I wonder who that someone is.

 

The next morning.

I was getting ready to leave. I eagerly waited for about two hours. It's a good morning. I wish the whole day would be good to me too. Just where is this someone-

Knock. Knock.

Oh so there he is. I approached the doorknob and turned it open. I looked at his shoes, which was slightly worn out then i slowly rolled my eyes towards the upper part of his body. He wore a white shirt with a polo hanged by his shoulders. Then i studied his face. He had a finely-shaped face, with a messy, brown hair. He flashed a smile.

"Hi," he said and took out his hand. "I'm Myungsoo."

 

*Heeellooo readers! Did you enjoy this chapter? Well you should because i spent the whole night thinking about this.. keke So, are you excited about what will happen for Jiyeon and Myungsoo's first day? I'll make sure to give you the next chapter as soon as i can! So please, just stay tuned! :D*