Chapter 18.2

Man In My Dreams

Eventually, Daehyun and I arrived at a restaurant, with kimchi at its specialty.

"What do you want Jiyeonnie?" Daehyun askes as I made my way to sit on the chair, and while he also made himself comfortable on the opposite side of the table.

"J-just.... anything."

"Alright," he lifted his hand and called the waiter and stated, "Two serves of kimchi and this....."

He continued speaking while I noticed something again. 

Daehyun was wearing a sleeveless shirt with a suit covering on top of it, and made his chest wide open. That way, the cross pendant.....  which i saw from our last meeting, could clearly be seen by my eyes. 

I started to get curious again but I just can't help myself to ask. And just in time, when i was about to feel uncomfortable, the waiter served our food. 

"Thank you.." Daehyun said. Then individually, we started eating. 

"Hmmm. Its dellicious right?" he started muttering.

"Y--yeah," I replied doubtfully.

After that, it became silent again.

 

 

 

 

"D-daehyun..." I whispered.

"Oh?"

"I -- have something to ask you....."

"Sure. What is it?"

"Y-your necklace..... the cross pendant, " 

"What about it?"

"Uh-- i just wonder where... did you get it?"

"Oh, this? Someone gave it to me...." he said as he held the pendant on his hand.

"S-someone?" My eyes widened as I thought that I would finally get an answer for my never-ending questions.

"Yeah.. someone.."

I really gave up on anticipating an answer ans asked, "W--who?"

"The one who gave this was-- "

 

"Hey Daehyun!! Its been long!!"

"Heeeeeyy! Really... its been long!! How are you guys?" 

I was about to hear Daehyun's answer when a group of guys went in and greeted Myungsoo. Aissssh... really. i was close to the answer!!

"Hey guys... uh this is Jiyeon.... and uh- Jiyeon, this is Yongguk, Himchan and Zelo. They're my college friends."

"Hey..." His 3 friends greeted and bowed. Yongguk had a really deep voice, Himchan was overly handsome and Zelo was just so cheeky with a peace sign and an awkward eye smile.

After studying the three of them, I replied, "Hi. Nice to meet you..."

The 3 of them unconsciously smiled at me.

"Hey... you didn't tell me that you already have a girlfriend Daehyun...." Yongguk whispered.

"Yeah, and you're lucky bro... she's a good catch," Himchan winked.

"Yes, yes." Zelo added.

"H--heyy guys.... its not like that-"

"Ayyyye~ don't deny it Daehyun--"

 

"Uh-- we're just... f-friends," I exclaimed to decipher the lovey-dovey atmosphere in the restaurant.

"S-see? Told you.." Daehyun stated.

"So, uh- I'm going Daehyun... since uh- your friends are here... you might as well have some fun," I stood up and prepared to go out, "By the way, thank you for the food." and flashed a faint smile to satisfy him.

-Myungsoo's POV-

Its been already a week since I have't spoke to Jiyeon. Phew. I guess its not that easy to forget about her. I just can't stop thinking of her...

I went out towards the garden to find some time when I saw Jiyeon-- with Daehyun hyung. Not only was that they were together... but they looked really close... even hyung's arms were wrapped around Jiyeon's shoulders. I just can't bear to see the two of them like that. 

It hurts..... It really hurts to the point that I can't stop my tears from flowing anymore. 

And along with those tears falling-- I turned my back and went back with a broken heart.

 

After thinking for a few minutes, I found myself on the soccerfield. I think this is indeed the place that would suit me best. My feelings... my emotions.... my heartaches.... I can only let them out here.

I laid down on the grass and leaned my back across the tree behind me. I close my eyes and forget them all for a while. The wind bles against my hair and the birds abided with me as they sang and chirped harmoniously. I wanted to scream from the top of my lungs but this this peaceful environment just calmed me down. I..... just want to sleep-- and not wake up anymore.

 

 

"M-myungsoo...." 

Without opening my eyes, I felt that there was someone in front of me. Then I slowly opened them... but its face was struck by the sun and all I can see was a sillhouette. So i raised my hands to cover up my face and the face went clearer. "Ji---yeon,"

"Myungsoo..." 

Out of shock, I stood up and panicked, "W--why.... are you here?"

"I knew it, you'd be here--"

"You should... go back,"

"No. I'm here to talk to you Myungsoo-"

I took a step aside and muttered, "There's nothing to talk about...."

"There is." Jiyeon protested.

"I..." i turned my head to face her and continued, "thought I was clear on you.... when I said leave me alone..."

"Myungsoo-- what is wrong with you?!" Jiyeon grabbed my hand and held it, tightly.

I looked at her hand which was holding onto mine, and dropped it-- "Wrong with me? You're asking what is wrong with me?! Everything!! Everything is wrong with my life Jiyeon! You....hyung.....all of you, is just wrong!!" I yelled. 

Jiyeon was a bit shocked and she stepped back a little. "M--myungsoo.. don't be like this.... you can't be like this!!"

As she took a step back, I also took a step forward, towards her. "And you know what hurts more? Is that I don't know how to fix what is wrong with myself!! I can't even help myself to stop all of this and pretend that nothing happened!! -- Now tell me.... what should I do? What should I do!!!!!" I exclaimed as tears started to flow from my eyes... while Jiyeon just stood in front of me like a frozen statue.

A whip of wind struck between us, and the birds stopped chirping... as if they feel the intensity of the atmosphere itself.

After thinking things, I decided to leave but--

 

"Myungsoo.... you know what tomorrow is, right?Please come... p-please..." Jiyeon interrupted.

I acted like I heard nothing and continued walking. I just can't bear this situation.... my heart just can't.

 

*Hi guys! I'm sorry if this is too short or what but i intentionally cut it off to this part because this seems really long! This chapter 18 will be really special because it will unlock many of the answers that you've been trying to find. And uhm, don't worry, I already typed the last part of this chapter which is Chapter 18.3 but it still needs to be polished. I'll update as soon as I can! :D Comment, subscribe! ^^*