Chapter 6

Man In My Dreams

I took out my hand too and shook hands with him.

"Are you ready?" he said.

"Yeah, sort of."

"Lets go!" he grabbed my things and dragged me along.

"No... i can carry those things myself you know.." i insisted.

He turned around, looked at me in the eyes and said, "We'll be late." I just smiled. He was just definitely a 'random guy' who brilliantly appears whenever you need him.

-Myungsoo's POV-

I'm so excited. I will be picking Jiyeon from the hospital and guide her to school. This must have been a dream. The girl i've always thought about, the girl who was sleeping in the library the other day, the girl who seems perfect to me, i'll get to know more about her now.

"We're here," I opened the taxi door for Jiyeon. "Gahwa High, your school."

Her eyes quickly wandered around. She looked at the students, the guard, and the teachers with curiosity. Everything really looked new to her. Well, i'm expecting this. And this is exactly the reason why i'm helping her, to bring her memories back.

"It's big. " she said.

"Yeah. It is really big that when the first time i came here, i was lost. Haha. Would you mind if I tell you the story while we walk to your room?"

"No. Go ahead." she said she doesn't mind but i can see that she's not interested. Her eyes were busy looking around. But nevertheless, I still told her the story.

"Okay. It was during my freshman year. I wanted to enroll in Architecture but i didn't know who to approach and where to register. So i roamed around the school to see if i could find the architecture section. I didn't know where I was walking and i unknowingly bumped into a girl who was coming out from the Fine arts section. I told her, 'Im sorry! I'm really sorry!' and i bowed down several times. I continued walking when the girl called me, 'Hey, are you lost? Do you need help?' I turned around and told her, 'Do you know where the Architecture section is?' she replied, 'It's straight down the hallway.' And so i thanked her saying, 'Thank you!! Really really thank you!!' and headed straight. It was really thanks to her that i was here."

I finished my story and waited for a reply from Jiyeon. I turned to her but there was no reply. I let seconds pass first, maybe she was just trying to formulate a question. I turned to her again, hoping to receive a question, but she's still busy exploring the school. I'll just let it pass and give her time.

We reached her room. Class 4-2.

"Jiyeon, this is your room. My class will just be across your room so you can go find me there. I'm going."

"W-wait. I have something to ask you."

"What is it? Is it about your classmates? Don't worry, they already know the situation so-"

"About your story...who's the girl?"

I was taken aback by that question. I did not see that coming. 

"Oh, the girl? She's just a random girl, nothing special really."

"Okay. See you later, Myungsoo." i can't believe she smiled at me. It felt like heaven for a moment.

I also went to my room. But her question is still lingering on my mind. If only she remembered what happened that day. If only...

 

 

Its lunch time. I wonder what Jiyeon is doing. Has she been enjoying class? I'll go and take a look, and maybe invite her to eat together.

I went to her room and hid myself behind the door. I don't know why I'm hiding. But its better like this....Hmmm. Looks like she's doing well. She's talking to her classmates and her classmates really took good care of her. I guess i'm not needed here anyway. She can handle herself now. Sigh.

I gave up and decided to go back to the room, and eat alone but-

"Myungsoo!" someone called my name. I turned around.

"Myungsoo! Come inside!" Jiyeon was calling my name. She was smiling and her hands waved at me, telling me to come in.

"Is it okay? You seem busy talking with your friends. I might be disturbing you." i answered her while waving too.

"No, no its okay! Its really okay!" her friends told me. I did not have a choice. I can't afford to no accept their invitation. So i came in.

"Myungsoo! I did not know you were close with Jiyeon. I just saw you together today. You're keeping things in secret huh?" one of her friends told me.

"Ahh- about that..." it's be a long story if i tell them what happened. "Jiyeon, would you like to tour the school further and eat lunch together, or you'll just stay here together with your friends? I was about to tell you that but I saw you with them." i grinned. I didn't know where that statement came from. I was shocked by what i said too. Crap.

"Oh yeah, yeah. I was just about to tell you that then i happened to see you at the door. Sure, why not!" she stood up, took her lunchbox and bid goodbye to her friends.

"So, where are we touring today Mr. TourGuide?" she asked while we walked outside. She was jumping and excited about the "tour". Cute. Just cute.

"Uhhmm.... Let's go to the soccer field!" i was feeling excited too.

"Really? Let's go!!" she ran ahead of me and paused and went back running to me again. "Hey! Run fast!!!! You know i don't know where the soccer field is! Come on!!!" she dragged me and gave a quirky smile. Out of nowhere, i found myself running too. 

 

We reached the soccer field, exhausted, from running. But i enjoyed it. A lot. I get to run with Jiyeon. For me, that's a one-of-a-kind experience!

I laid a cloth on the grass in the space under a tree and took out our lunchboxes.

"Here, sit down." I told Jiyeon. She sat down and again, her eyes widened from seeing the place.

"Woww! Its big! You can clearly see the field up here, Myungsoo!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah. That's why this is my favorite place since i entered this school. Because i get to see the people walking, talking and laughing down there. This is also where I let my emotions out," I opened the lunchboxes and started munching.

"This is also where... I met her." I whispered to myself.

"What did you say Myungsoo? Her?"

" Nothing! I said let's start eating, here," i took a piece of barbecue and handed it to . "Aaah- nomnom-" she quickly gobbled it, just like a dinosaur. "Its delicious right? I made this myself you know." 

"Liar! I know you didn't!" she took one of her ddukkbokki and fed it to me. "Now, its your turn to eat, say aaaah-" she continued.

"Hhmm! Jiyeon, its delicious! You made this? Can i have more?!" I picked one ddukkbokki, and two, and three, and more. My mouth was full of ddukkbokki. I'm choking. Cough. Cough.

"Hey are you okay? You need water?" she looked for water inside the bag. I also searched for water because i really feel dying.

Finally, I found it.

I thought it was water, but i felt a soft, smooth flesh under my hand. I looked at it, and the coughing temporarily stopped.

Its Jiyeon's hand. I was holding her hand. It was very delicate. I looked at her face. She just stared at me. Shocked. 

It all happened for 10 seconds. We exchanged glances for that small amount of time, but for me, it was like we exchanged those glances for the whole day.

Cough. Cough. I let go of her hand and she took the water and opened it for me. "H-here," I grabbed the water and drank. 

"Aaaahh! That's close! Whooo! I really thought i was going to die!" I was still coughing and my eyes went teary and red. She patted my back and said, "Are you okay?" Her face shone as light struck it. Her angelic face made me lose my mind for a second.

Out of shock, i stood up. "Jiyeon, don't you think its time for us to go back now? I figured I have something to do." She kept the lunchboxes and stood up, "Sure, let's go." with a confused face.

-Jiyeon's POV-

I can't get out of my mind what just happened back at the soccerfield. It was all sudden and i did not know what to do. But there's one thing i exactly knew, there was this weird, but familiar feeling. It wasn't clear but the moment our hands touched, the "feeling" was present. 

Ugh. What's happening to me? Jiyeon, focus! Focus and concentrate on your class! B-but his... hand... it felt really manly and has clearly went many hardships. I found myself smiling over that thought.

--

Classes ended. I'm supposed to meet Myungsoo and get home together. I waited outside the gate. 10 minutes passed and he still did not show up. Well, maybe his shift in the canteen still hasn't ended. I'll just wait a little longer.

30 minutes passed. I still could not see him. Seconds after, a black, sedan car stopped in front of me. The driver came out. Its JB.

"Jiyeon!" he waved at me and smiled. I waved too. "I'm picking you up so..." he opened the car door, "Get in!" and smiled.

"Uh- Jb.. I'm actually waiting for someone," I explained.

"Who?" he looked down. "I told you yesterday that I'd see you today, but it seems like you don't want to see me." his jaw dropped.

"Uh-" I glanced at my watch and looked around. Myungsoo must be busy. "Okay. I'll go with you." I smiled a "little" to lighten up his mood. I went inside and the car started moving.

-Myungsoo's POV-

My shift ended so i gathered my things and headed outside. I was supposed to meet Jiyeon here.

I opened the gate, "Ji-" I saw her with JB. She went inside his car and left. And there's me, standing outside, alone.

What could I do? JB's got everything a girl finds in a man. A car, a promising course, the looks. I'm really no match to him.... Myungsoo! What are you thinking?! You were here to help Jiyeon bring her memories back and you should not meddle with her personal affairs!... But still.... it hurts a part of me... I'm an idiot.

Rain started pouring.

 

*Hey Guys! I was not able to update two chapters yesterday so I made this long chapter just for you! I hope you enjoy the story as it goes and please just don't get sick of it. T_T I promise, I'll be updating really soon! Did you like their first day? Well, there's so much more to come so just stay tuned to know what will happen! :D Feel free to comment down! *