She sick?

I'm Sorry...

You didn’t go to work today?” Sunggyu nodded as he eats  a full spoon from the plate. Her mother blinked rapidly, “Why?” Sunggyu chuckled upon her statement, “Aren’t you the one who want I take a rest, eomma?” He  said as he get up and sit beside her, smiling widely. “Omo! Did you sick? Sunggyu?” She frowned as she brings her palm to Sunggyu’s forehead. “Anniyo. I’m fine.” Taking off her mother’s hand and keep grinning to her.

“Today and tomorrow I will accompany you whenever you want me to do, I’ll do it too.” Mrs. Kim just glancing beside surprised by his words. It’s not the usual Sunggyu she know, “Are you really okay, Sunggyu?” He nodded keeping his smile while Mrs. Kim just glancing at him speechless, “Why so suddenly?” Sunggyu’s body went stiff as he heard her. “Because I miss the past.” He sighed remembering the time when he was still a high school-er. He used to spent more times with her, accompanying her mother and taking care of her. Because his father rarely coming home, and Jieun doesn’t help anything as she started to going deeper throught the company. He missed that. He never thought that one day he will be left her alone in house, following his own father and sister busying and tiring his damn self own body for just the works. “Mianhae eomma.”

 

Mrs. Kim looking at him and carresed his cheek carefully smiling at him, “Are you sure you’re not going to work?” Mrs. Kim asked him once again assured her self that her son just saying he have a holiday for 2 days and gonna accompanying herself. Sunggyu chuckled looking at his mother and nodded happily, “But you usually on weekends—“

 

“Come on, mom. It’s weekend. A holiday for workers, right?”

 

“Not for my family.” She whispered silently but Sunggyu heard her, it makes him more guilty. “I’ll take a rest every weekends started from now, mom.” Sunggyu smiled at her, “You don’t have to worry about me getting sick anymore.” He continued himself. “No, you still have to go to work. Your father will be angry if he know you—“

 

“Mom.” He cut her short which make her quiet as she looks at her own son. “Is that something happened?” He shook his head as an answer, “Then?”

 

“I’m just tired. That’s it.” Sunggyu cleared his throat as he leaning towards Mrs.Kim shoulder.”There must be a little reason behind. I know my son too well.” She nudge her shoulder which making Sunggyu faced her once again and sighed, “You have been not feeling well.” She smiling as she heard his truthful answer. “I’m old already. What did you expect, Sunggyu?”

 

“You’re not that old, mom.” Sunggyu sighing. “Should we going for check up?” His offer makes her  “Should we going for check up?” His offer makes her chuckled and shook her head, “Why so suddenly?”

"The more days I saw you mom, you kept getting thinner and are got much stresses?" Sunggyu pointed out what he felt towards her, making Mrs. Kim chuckled as she thought he looks really cute for him. It seem just the old Sunggyu is back when he care about a little changing on her, and she can't denied the fact that she felt lonely as having a husband who is more in love with his works than his family therefore she can't denied no more when one by one her children started to overworks their own self too. "I'm fine, dear. How about shopping?" She shook his head at him, which brings Sunggyu's smile back to his face. "Then check up?" 

"Can we just skip it? For that part?" 

"I know what you afraid and thinking mom. It just a simple check up, I'll be at your side."  

"I will do the check up too, then." Sunggyu keep trying to persuade her when finally she can't agreed no more at his stubborness. "My old Sunggyu is back already." She whispered as she saw him dissapeared from her sight from getting ready to accompany her for this day. 

 

Sunggyu stands there alone waiting for her mom coming back. They were just looking around the shopping mall as they talking all of the random things. He suddenly felt pain strikes him at his stomach, he bent a little trying to suppress the pain away but it didn't work at all. He can saw his mother walking closer furrowing her eyebrows looking at him, "Did you feel sick?" She asking as she arrived beside him, but Sunggyu just shook his head slowly still killing the paib away. "Sunggyu, don't scared me out." He chuckled upon her. "I- It's just I haven't eat mom." He grinning a little at her. "Omo! I'm sorry dear. I didn't look at the time. Come on let's but something to eat." She took his hand as she try to walk but Sunggyu keep stand still and asking her for wait for the pain going away.

 

 You were just having some window shopping when you suddenly saw Sunggyu stands there alone. You kept looking at him when he bent down a little and his face showing some pain, You still stands there hesitate to show up to him and You can saw his mother coming from another way before they have some chat and she taking his hand but he shoved it and smiling at her. You finally decide to walk closer as you look Sunggyu were declining to move as his mother persuade him with something. His mother caught you on her eyes and smiling happily as she saw you walking closer to them. "Sena!"

Sunggyu look up to met with your gazes and he look away as he saw your eyes glancing at him. "Sena! What are you doing here?" His mother greeted you happily as you keep taking a slight glance at Sunggyu. "I just enjoying my time, Auntie." You smiled at her before turning your gazes at him, "What happen to you again?" You continued yourself as you suppress the word again at him. "Nothing." He chuckled looking at you.

 

"Sena, can you take care of this kid while I go buy some food for him?" His mother ask you as you started to nag at him. You can see she glancing quietly at him which making Sunggyu grinning wider at her mother. Before waiting for you replying back she already dazed off onto nowhere leaving you two behind. "Have you check it up to the doctor what's inside your stomach?" He shook his head as an answer while you sighing as a response back. "I'm about too, with mom." You look at him confusedly at him, tilting your head. "She sick?"

"Nope." He shook his head before continuing himself. "It just she look thinner as day by day and it's look she have been stressing around cause, you know well... my dad." He stopped for awhile seems to get held at himself, and You just keep stands there beside waiting for him. "I can't stand to looking at these, so maybe taking her out and going for a check up." He sighing shrugged his shoulder. Strange, as you think looking at him. "Is it not hurt anymore?" You ask him while he stands there looking perfectly healthy when just a moment ago he kept pressing his stomach. He nodded as an answer asking you like is there something wrong bout it. It just, strange. How he feel the pain a moment ago and then it's gone now. When his mother back, you reluctantly bid goodbye at them as you due to the time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Are  you gonna be fine alone?" She nodded as pushed his son to waiting for him for the check up. Sunggyu about to saying something when he open his mouth but close it right after when he saw his mother looking at him to wait there. I'm gonna bored, he thought at himself as he wandering around the hospital. He started to think for going to another doctor for checking up his heartburn as he keep walk wandering around. "Hyung! Sunggyu hyung!" He felt someone calling him and tapped his shoulder lightly, when he turn around he saw a man holding his file in a doctor's blue operation shirt. He smiled as he saw his face. "Hoya." 

A smile creeping on his face as he look at him, "You're back in Korea now?" Sunggyu nodded as he amusing look at him, "And you didn't tell me?" Hoya playfully marks his word at him but Sunggyu just chuckled saying sorry as he always busy the entire time. "What are you doing here then?" Hoya's question brought him back to what he was thinking just before he came. "I have a slight annoying heartburn, it's disturbing." He told him as he pressed his stomach. Hoya furrowed his eyebrows looking at him, "You have?" Hoya look at his stomach and tap his finger at his chin. Weird, he think. "For how long has it been?" Sunggyu shrugged his shoulder as he never knew since when he started to have this pain back when he was at England. "Hyung, let's talk it over at my room. Can we? It's more private." Sunggyu raised one of his eyebrows but he nodded anyway and followed him right after.

 

"How bad is it?" Hoya shook his head. "How long has it been?" Sunggyu nodded as he answered it had been started since he was in England. "And you didn't check it up to any doctor until now?" Hoya widened his eyes in surprisement which making the older male one chuckled and nodded as an answer, "You know me." He told him as asking for the further question he had. "And you didn't ask me either back then." Hoya shook his head at his older hyung. Since back then he knew Sunggyu, he always closed his personality as if he open up everyone will left him alone. He just have a several friends back in England due to his business for university and doing his father company. "I can't tell you anything as now, but I do think maybe we should do a further check up to make sure it was nothing. Can we?" Hoya ask his permission as he kept look wandering around his room. Sunggyu turn around furrowed his eyebrows, "Is it? Okay then."  

He's getting all of the treatments that Hoya told him as he scanning Sunggyu from the computer outside. I just hope it's nothing, Sunggyu sighing as he keep lying down stay still until Hoya told him it was finished. He stretched out his head, arms, and feet. He changed the hospital uniform to his attire before going out to met with Hoya who is now waiting outside leaning down at the wall nd kept furrowing his eyebrows thinking hard about something. He tapped his shoulder as he stands beside him, "How is it?" Hoya shook his head saying he's not really sure and He would waited for the staff check it out once again before making sure to him. "I see." 

"Is it bad? From your perspective?" Sunggyu asking him as he made the way going all back to Hoya's office room. Hoya hesitated a little bit before he finally told him to just wait for the result to come out. "Tell me. Should I prepared for the worst?" Hoya widened his eyes at his statement and kept silence as his answer. Sunggyu sighing as he stiffened at the seat, "I just hope it didn't." He look up to the ceiling and talked to himself, "Everything just begin a little bit better." He continuing himself as Hoya kept his silence, getting hold at himself for not telling Sunggyu the conclusion from the check up by himself. "You know? I met her." Hoya widened his eyes staying still tilting his head at him, "Who?" Sunggyu chuckled, "Her." 

"You mean that girl who-!" He can't continued himself as he realized Sunggyu who is now beaming happily as he talked about her. Han Sena. He knew it.  

It's not good  

"So, when the result come out?" Sunggyu's question brought him back to the reality. "About a few hours. You can comeback later or tomorrow maybe." Hoya smiled at him. "Tomorrow?" Sunggyu asking as he remembered he had promised his mother to accompany her today and tomorrow. Oh, great talking about her he just remembered how he ended up here. Have she finished? He took out his phone but nothing at there. "You can't come tomorrow?" Hoya questioned him. "Then it's okay. I will call you later when the result come." Sunggyu nodded as he giving his phone number to him. "I need to check out my mom." Hoya nodded. A knock heard from the door when he about to answer him. A nurse coming in and told him there's some patient need his explanation or whatever it is as Sunggyu bid him a quick goodbye and stepped out from the room. He walk through the hall way going back to the waiting room before when he waited for his mother. He didn't saw any signs of his mother so he took out his phone dialling her number. "Sunggyu? Where are you?" She picked up right after. "At the waiting room. Where are you mom?"

"Oh, I didn't see you at there so I decided to take a walk around the outside hospital." She chuckled.  Sunggyu slip in his phone back to his pocket as he walking outside where his mother at. 

"Mom." He hugging her from the back as he look she sitting a the bench and kiss her left cheek before letting her go and sit beside her. "Where did you go before?" She smiling at him. "Nowhere and I met Hoya just before when I'm waiting foryou." 

"Hoya? He working here?" She surprised as he remembered the young kid back in England who is always with Sungyeol and they both always bothered Sunggyu back then. Sunggyu nodded. "How is he?" Sunggyu telling her everything about what she questioned. Everything, except the fact he got some treatment too. He had a bad feeling for the result as he saw Hoya's worried face before and it makes him feel uneasy about the result. Maybe it was the best for not telling her and making her worried all over again at him. "Should we go home now?" Sunggyu offered as he get up and walking to the parking lot. He have been quiet for long which making his mother asked him if something happened but he just shooked his head and tell her nothing. He tried to swap for another topic as he asking her what the doctor saying about her condition.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Lee Howon (Hoya)

 

 

 

 

Please keep commenting and subscribing ^^