Chptr 8: Universal Charger

SHINee Girl

 

Hi readers, I changed the POV again from 'YOU' to 'I'. I think it's better (or maybe not). Please let me know which POV is better. 

A/N: You know what Universal charger is, right? For those who don't know, it was the charger who can charge (almost all) gadget. Just good for you to know.

HAPPY READING! :*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

*message, PYONG!*

The sound of my message alert tone woke me up from a very deep sleep. Though I know the sun has already rose very high, I still don't want to get up. I stayed up all night.
Yesterday, I found a stack of movie DVDs in unni's cabinet and seeing the movies are all good, I started watching one but end up having a movie marathon. I decided to stop at around 2am but there were still remaining DVDs unwatched, the HORROR ones. Maybe I'll watch it next time when I found time...and earned enough courage.

Half awake, I reached for my cellphone at my side table. When I looked at the message, it was from unni.

'Hey dongsaeng^^ I know you stayed up all night for those movies so I decided not to wake you up. I didn't cook breakfast because I'm gonna dine out with HyunWoo. But I'm sure there will be a prepared for you this morning. TAKE CARE :)'

I raised an eyebrow. 'That's weird. She didn't cook but there will be a prepared breakfast for me? Oh, maybe she ordered for me.'. I smiled upon discovering that I don't need to cook for myself this morning. I'm feeling lazy today.

Before I can reply to her message, another came.
'Enjoy your DATE :)'.

'Ooo-kay, that's really weird.'. As I remember, my date is scheduled tomorrow. I checked the date on my phone. It's Wednesday, and my date is on Thursday.
Maybe she just got confused on the date. I hit the reply button and typed a message.

'Unni, it's just Wednesday so my date will be tomorrow. :) I'll take care.'

I sent it to her and after a few moments she just replied with a (^-^).
I put my phone on the bedside and spread my body widely. I still don't feel like getting up so I just relaxed myself. 'My Date...', I stared at the ceiling, remembering how did the members picked who's gonna be next.

**FLASHBACK**

"The challenge is here!", as soon as the main door of the dorm opened, Onew said it while holding a big paperbag up. He walked in, followed by Taemin who also has the same paperbag on his hand.

"Hyung, I thought you're going to buy food for us.", Jonghyun went to Onew to check what did he bought.

"Believe me, they're just the same.", Onew grinned while taking out big, cling wrap sealed bowls one by one and placing on the living room table. Taemin also took out the bowls from his bag.

From the couch, I knelt down in front of the table to check what's in the bowls.
"Jjajangmyeon?", I asked Onew. He nodded and placed the last bowl on the table.

"Why 7 bowls?", Minho asked, already kneeling to the table too, followed by Key.

Instead of answering, Onew told us to sit on the floor and gather around the table. When we're all there, Onew started explaining.
"Okay, since we haven't picked the next date yet, we'll do this.", he said while motioning his hands to the big bowls.

Key moaned. "I think I know what we're going to do.", Key said while slowly sliding his arms on the table, burying his face in it.

"Hyung, just think of what I have gone through.", Taemin rolled his eyes, "I suffered from leg and back ache for two days because I have to run crazily fast for 4 laps."

"Then you should have ran slower.", Minho said and shrugged.

"No, no, no. It's worth it, Hyung.", taemin smiled and winked at me. I flashed a smile back and lowered my face to cover my blushing cheeks.

"Let me explain first, okay?... So as I was saying, each of us will have one bowl. For the challengers, you also have one bowl. But this extra bowl...", he pointed at the extra jjangjangmyeon, "The first to finish his first bowl has to eat this. BUT you have to finish the whole second bowl second bowl for you to win, and if not, we should do another challenge again. Understand?"

When I looked at the three boys who would be the challenger, their eyes and wide open as well as their mouth. I know they are thinking that the challenge was quite brutal. Onew was being brutal. Lucky for him, he was the first and just chosen by being pointed by a bottle, no hardships.

"But I hardly can finish a bowl." Key said.

"Then, out?", Onew said, playful smirk on his lips.

Key gave a strong nod and grabbed his bowls, followed by the members. They started eating it, crazily and mouthful.
Taemin handed me a bowl. Onew also took a bowl and sat beside me.

"At least we can eat our jjajangmyeon normally.", Onew said.

We watch as the boys shoved more noodles in their mouth. I haven't even started eating my noodles, worried for the boys, but also anticipating for the result.

Then the second bowl was opened and started emptying by someone....
**END OF FLASHBACK**

I smiled remembering that silly challenge again.
When I felt my stomach grumbling, I finally decided to stood up to have some breakfast. I washed my face first before coming out of my room.
'Did unni really ordered food for me, really hungry...'  
I stepped out of the room and started walking to the kitchen. When I passed to the living room, I can hear noises ... from the kitchen. 'I though unni already left?'

I'm sure someone is in the kitchen. I tiptoed up to the kitchen and slowly peaked my head on the door.
Confusion registered in my mind when I saw who was invading out kitchen. A man wearing an apron is walking here and there, holding plate, and some utensils.

"Excuse me, may I asked what are you doing here?", I walked inside the kitchen with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Finally, this overly sleeping girl woke up.", Key rolled his eyes and put down the plate on the table.

I sat on the table as I watch him tidy his working area.
"Uhm, are you loosing track of what day is today, oppa?"

"It's Wednesday today, right?"

"Right. Forgetting something? You should be here tomorrow, not today."

Key put away his apron and sat at the table, in front of me.
"No. Our date is today."

I gave him a confused look, asking him to explain what's going on. He sighed and smile at me. "Okay, it's like this. I was given a schedule for tomorrow so I just decided to move our date today. Don't worry I already told the others."

"You told them about the changes and didn't even bothered to told me?", I pouted.

He grinned, "SURPRISE!"
I pouted more but he just laughed, "Okay, sorry. I just wanted to surprise you. Just eat this.", he pushed a plate of omelet in front of me and he took the other plate for him.

"Well, since I'm hungry, apology accepted.", I started eating and surprised by the taste, "Oppa, this is good! I don't know you cook."

"Well, now, I showed you another thing that Almighty Key can do.", he gave me a proud smile.

Then a thought came to me. Now I know what's with the messages unni sent to me this morning. As always, she's in full support of helping them surprise me.

After the breakfast, we sat at the living room.
"So, what is today's plan?", i asked Key.

"For today, I have a different strategy. Instead of me deciding what shall we do, I'll let you choose for today's plan.", he changed his position and faced to me, having his right arm resting on the backrest of the couch.

I smirked, "Oh really? Isn't it just because your schedule had been changed, you didn't have the chance to prepare?"

He sighed and bowed his head in surrender, "Okay, I got caught."

I laughed and after a few moments a few moments of thinking what to do, I turned to him, "Movies?"
----
"Is this your last choice of movie? Can'y anything change your mind?", Key flashed me a worried look. He's holding the DVD "Bloody Reunion". He's scanning it carefully and based on his expression, he doesn't like it.

"I've been wanting to watch that since yesterday but I can't do it alone.", I sat close to him and clinged his arms, "Please. It's a movie date.", I gave him the cutest smile I could ever do.

He sighed on his defeat. I played the movie and we both sit back, close to each other with chips and drinks in front of us. Instead of being being scared of the movie, I can't help but giggle when Key gasp and jumps on the couch every time something scary would happen. And instead of me clinging to him, it was more likely the opposite.

When a certain scene where the characters screamed, Key covered his eyes and buried his head to my shoulders. I can't help myself to laugh.

He glared at me, "This is why I told you to change your movie choice."

"Oppa, the movie is almost done. A bit more hiding yourself...", and I gave him a teasing smile.

I thought he's gonna react on my teasing but he just wrapped his arms around me and folded his legs up on the couch. He's scared but he is still watching it with me.
When the movie is already on its , I admit I'm starting to feel scared. The scene was starting to get bloody and brutal. I felt Key's hand at the side of my head, gently leaning it to the side of his head. And every scary scene, he would cover my eyes with his own hands.
I slightly turned to him. Even he is scared he still tries to watch the movie so that he would know when to cover my eyes. I just smiled and turned to the TV screen again.

Key let out a very deep sigh of relief when the movie finished. He held his chest with his hands overacting his breathing. Key and I checked at the time and it's already lunch time.

"Let's dine out. What shall we eat?", Key asked.

I smirked and looked at him, "How about jjajangmyeon?"

Key opened his eyes widely and acted like he was going to faint. "Oh please. Until now, whenever I see noodles, i feel like throwing up."

"Then why did you ate all two bowls? There's still next time. Even you don't win any challenge, you'll still date me in the end."
Actually, I didn't expect that Key would win the challenge. He never ate a lot.  As he said, he hardly can finish a bowl.

"Being at the middle is the best. I wouldn't wait long nor finish early. I don't want to wait long so i don't wanna be the last. And besides, the bottle didn't picked me and I know I'm not good at running so...I tried my best on eating.", he held my arms and we walked out of the house together for some lunch.

When we finished lunch, it's still too early to finish our date. I'm still the one in charge of choosing our activities. I told Key to bring me at a basketball gym. Even though he doesn't know why, he took me there.

"So why are we here?", Key asked as soon as we arrived at an empty gym. The place is all ours.

"Where going to play.", 

Key's eyes widened. I know Key hates sweat, messing, and being tired. Honestly, he acts more feminine than I am. But I just feel like working out a bit, since it's already more than a month that you have been stuck on either shinee's dorm or unni's house.

I picked up a ball and start playing with it. I'm not good at playing ball games and, you know,  Key too. I just wanted to play with him and have fun on your 'date'.
"Oppa please. I'm feeling very heavy now. I need some body active activities.", and again, begging with puppy eyes.

Key can't do anything against my begging. He surrendered and end up playing with me. We ran around, chasing each other, rolling like kid and more. It's just really fun.

"I'm going to die!", Key dropped his body on the floor, panting and sweating. "Let's stop, I'm really, really, seriously tired."

I sat beside him and smiled at him, "You seemed to be forgetting something."

Key gave me a flusttered look, trying to figure out what am I talking about.
 I chuckled, "I'm a Human Battery, remember?"

Key chuckled over my words. "Then let me charge.", He grabbed my hand while he's still laying down on the floor. He closed his eyes, still holding my hand. He looks really tired. I didn't expect that he would play so much with me, not minding the sweat and the dirt. He just played with me until I got tired.

I grabbed my handkerchief with my other free hand and wiped his face. Then he opened his eyes, got up and sat in front of me.
"Hey remember this. You're not a universal charger, okay?", Key told me.

I wondered for a few seconds, trying to figure out what does he mean about a universal charger. I gave up thinking and gave him an asking look.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair, "No one can charge on you. You're my exclusive battery."

Right now, I can't see the feminine image of Key. All I can do is bow down my head and blush over his words.

'Up to this point, I can say I can really enjoy this dating thing....'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"You're not a universal charger, OKAY?"

Annyeong! I'm so happy for myself that I could update more often.
Hope you liked this chapter.

MY SISTER IS ANTICIPATING ON THIS CHAPTER VERY MUCH ^o^

Please READ, COMMENT, AND SUBSCRIBE! and VOTE! :*