Chptr 31: Last Day

SHINee Girl

 

 

 

--Your POV—

I followed Minho when he entered his room. I saw him sitting on his bed so I walked to him but he walked away and stood up to the other side of the room.

“Minho, let’s talk.”, I followed and stood in front of him.

“For what? I’m not even important to you. You didn’t even bother to tell me your leaving.”, he said coldly and looked away.

“It’s not like that. I just can’t find the right time to tell it.”

“And when do you think is the right time? When you’re already gone? Do you plan to tell me this when you’re already home?”, He finally faced me and I can see his eyes became watery.

“Oppa no. Of course not. The time that my aunt first called me telling me to go home, I didn’t have a chance to tell you because we had a problem, You. Me and Jonghyun, right? Then after that, I became so happy because of what happened to us that I already forgot about this.”, I held his hands and squeezed it.

“Then now what you’re going to leave me. Just like this?”, he said and looked away again but I cupped his face and tried to face it to me.

“Minho look, If possible, I really don’t want to go but we both know that my stay here is just for vacation and vacations are meant to have an end. I still have a lot of unfinished business there and I can’t leave that all hanging.”,

“See? You’re really going to leave me.”, He turned back and walked away again.

I followed again and went in front of him. “I’ll leave to fix things so I could go back to you. I promise to be back.”

I saw his expression soften. His brows aren’t furrowed anymore. He looked in to my eyes and tears are starting to fall from his eyes.

“When?”, he asked.

I sighed and wiped his tears. “I still can’t tell right no—“

“Still can’t tell? How am I supposed to hold on to that answer?”, more tears flowed from him.

My eyes became watery too but I held back my tears so I would be able to explain everything to him.

“Believe me, I’ll be back. I’ll be back as soon as possible. And you can hold on to that answer because it’s a promise.”, I hugged him.

He stayed quiet for a while before he hugged me back. I can still hear his sobs.

“Sorry oppa~”, I said cutely to lighten up the mood. I looked up to him while still hugging.

He stared to my eyes then he sighed and smiled. “Aishhh.. You’re forgiven.”

He hugged me tighter and I hugged him back. We just stayed on that position until he suddenly whined.

“Ahhhh. This won’t work!”, He stomped his feet and whined while still hugging me.

“Why?”, I held my laughter. He’s stomping his feet like a child.

“We only have 2 days to spend but we’re not available tomorrow so we only have one day left.”, he continued to whine.

I buried my face on his chest while laughing.

“Why are you laughing?”, he asked.

“You’re so cute~”, I looked up at him and smiled. “We’ll make that one day very very very long.”

He pouted. “It’s not enough.”

“It’s enough.”

“No it’s n—“

I tiptoed to reach him and give him a peck on his lips. “It’s enough.”

But he shooked his again so I gave him another peck. “I told you it’s enough.”

“NO. I tol—“,

I tiptoed to reach his lips again but this time, it’s not a peck anymore. It’s a long, sweet kiss.
When I broke the kiss, I looked at him with asking eyes.

“Okay. I believe it’s enough.”, he said then hugged me tight.

----

The day before my flight.

I woke up early to prepare. As planned, Minho and I will spend the whole morning together and by lunch, the rest of the boys will come.

The boys didn’t agree that Minho will be the only one who’ll spend time with me before I leave. They even wanted to stay with me the whole day but because Minho insisted a ‘JUST-US’ time, he’ll be with me the whole morning.

After I ate breakfast, Minho haven’t come yet so I decided to think of other things to prepare for tomorrow.

‘Maybe I should paint my nails since I’m going to travel tomorrow.’, I thought. It’s been a while since I last painted my nails.

I went to unni’s room to borrow some nail polish then sat in the living room.

“Good morning~”, someone suddenly walked in the living room. When I looked, it’s Minho.

“Morning.”  I greeted him back then continued picking color for my nails.

“What are you doing?”, he kissed me on the cheek sat beside me.

 “Making my nails nice for tomorrow.”

“And why do you have to make them nice? Are you going on a date tomorrow?”, he said then pouted.

“Is there an airport rule that you’re nails shouldn’t look nice when you’re going to travel.”, I raised my eyebrow.

He grabbed the nail polishes from me. “Then, I’ll do it for you.”

“You will what?”, I asked in disbelief.

“I’ll do it for you. Come here.”, He grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit closer to him.

“Which color shall I use?”, he asked.

“Are you serious? I’m going to make my nails look nice, not mess with it.”, I said and tried to take back the nail polish vials from him but he held it tighter.

It looks like he doesn’t have any plans of giving it back. I sighed and just picked the peach colored polish.

He grabbed my hand then started to inspect my nails.

“Are you sure? You can just watch me while I paint my own nails.” I said worriedly as I watch him open the vials.

“I can do it.”, he took my hand and made me sat on his lap then started painting on my nails.

It’s a bit messy but it’s acceptable. A little touch up will make it look nice later.

“What do you want to do today?”, he asked.

“Is it okay if we’ll just stay here the whole morning? I haven’t even finished packing my stuffs.”

“Shall I help you?”, he glanced at me and continued what he’s doing.

“Finish this first. Make it nice, okay?”

“Arasseo.”, he pecked my lips then continued painting.

I smiled as I watch him. ‘I’m going to miss you so much.’, I thought.
I felt my eyes became warm, indicating that tears are starting to form but I held back my tears. I don’t want to start our day with tears. I want this day to be happy for both of us.

---

“Oppa, could you hand me that?”, I pointed at the stack of folded shirt.

Minho reached what I pointed and handed it to me then I stuffed it all inside my suitcase. We’re already half way done on packing my stuffs and.

“You have many luggage to bring, do you want me to come with you so I could help you carry these?”, he grinned.

I just rolled my eyes and continue packing.

This is not the first time that he mentioned to me that he wanted to go with me back home. He even talked to me seriously about his plan on taking a vacation so he could go.

He sighed. “I won’t help you pack your stuffs anymore.”, he pouted.

“And why?”, I chuckled.

“It just makes me realize more that you’re going to leave me.”

I just chuckled and stood up to go to the closet to get more clothes.
I felt Minho came close and wrapped his arms on my waist from behind.

“I’ll miss you.”, he whispered as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

“Hey oppa, let’s finish packing first. It’s almost lunch and the boys will be here at anytime.”, I tried to removed his arms but he just hugged me tighter.

“Just stay. I won’t be able to do this for a long time.”, he said.

When I heard that, I felt guilt crept all over me. I’m making it hard for him because I’m leaving.
I faced him then hugged him.

“If you continue acting like that, I might not leave.”, I joked.

“Then shall I keep doing it?”

“Silly.”, I laughed and lightly slapped his chest.

Our moment was interrupted when four boys came in. We broke the hug and faced them.

“Hey what is this? You haven’t finish packing?”, Key said as they enter the room.

“Aigoo. How could we eat lunch if you’re still preparing your stuffs.”, Jonghyun pouted.

“Why don’t you help me do this so we could go now.”, I smiled and pulled them all to help me.

After we ate lunch on a restaurant, the boys brought me to a noraebang (karaoke room) to spend out whole bonding time. Though I could feel that we’re all sad because this would be our last bonding time for now, we tried our best to cheer up so we could cherish the whole time we’ll be together.

“So, when are you going to come back?”, Taemin asked.

I smiled and look down. “I still can’t tell.”

“What? You’re going to leave us without assurance that you’ll come back?”, Jonghyun exclaimed.

“Of course I’ll come back and I promise that. I just don’t know when but I’ll try to go as soon as possible.”, I explained.

“Be sure to be back, Jaei. Or else, we’re going to hunt for you and leave our works here.”, Key said.

“I’ll be back I promise.”, I held back my tears. I just realized how they cherish me as their friend and just for a short time, we’ve been very attached to each other.

“So, shall we sing for you?”, Onew said. He took the song book and scanned it, then he entered numbers on the karaoke machine.

It was their song, Bodyguard.

(listen here >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkZj_XL_wV0)

you who stole my heart
you who stole my heart
don't let go of my hand, save me, SOS
i'll go now
flying like superman, i'll protect you

when i'm together with you like this
i feel like i have the whole world
until the end of time, forever, i'll love you

your smile that is like the sunshine
all day, my heart thuds
it brightens up my dreams on dark nights

when you're suffering and are tired
the one person that'll protect you

i'm your bodyguard
i'll protect you
i love you
we, who are cuter than anyone else
illumination, the moment we fall in
you're perfect to me

call me anytime, i'll run to you
so that your heart, your love can come to me

don't forget, i'm your bodyguard wherever
don't worry. now i'm your Majinga*
when you're going through hard times, i'll hold you, leave everything to me
now, trust me
with the main character of a fairytale, i'll protect you
with the character of a cartoon, i'll become your strength
forever, i'll protect you, i'll be by your side
i'll kneel down in front of the gods and promise

when you're suffering and are tired
the one person that'll protect you

All the tears that I’ve been holding back all flowed continuously as they sang. I never realized that I would be this important to them. The memories since the first day we met and all the days we spent happily together, it all came to me and made me even cry more. Now, it’ll be very hard to leave for me.

As soon as they finished singing, I ran to them and hugged them all tightly while tears are streaming down.

“Thank you so much guys. Thank you for being my friends. I promise I’ll be back for all of you.”, I said while still hugging them.

"We're always here for you. We're your newly hired bodyguards! we'll protect you whatever happens.", Onew said.

They all squeezed me in a group hug.

“Yah, don’t make us cry too. This is a happy day, remember.”, Key said.

I chuckled in between tears and pulled them all closer to me.