Chptr 26: Give Way

SHINee Girl

 

--Your POV--

I'm walking silently on my way home. I went out earlier and decided to stroll around so I can breathe some fresh air and help me clear up my mind.

After the advices that I heard from Unni and Key, I can't say that I already come up with a good decision but I felt that my mind has been opened a bit and I can think clearer and wider.

I'm already in front of our house but before I can even go in, my phone rang. It's the nth time that my cellphone rang this whole day and it's either Jonghyun or Minho who's calling. I didn't answered any of their calls earlier because I can't still talk to them. I sighed and answered the phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Yoboseyo?", I started.

"Uhm Jaei. It's Minho. Can we talk?", he said in a soft, weak voice.

When I heard his weak voice, something kicked inside me. I felt like crying again but I held it back.

"Minho, not now. I still ha--",

"I've been trying to call you all day but you're not picking up. I also tried to go to your house but you're not there. I just wanted us to talk.",

"We'll talk. If everything is ready to be settled and cleared. All I'm just asking now is more time.", I took a deep breath after talking. My tears are almost falling down.

"Look, we don't have to be like this. Please don't make it hard for all of us. Don't take yourself away from us, you don't know how hard it is. We can go back to what we are before.", he said and I can hear pain in his voice.

"Of course we can go back. But not for now. And don't think it's not hard for me, I don't want things to be like this too."

You heard a sigh on the other line. "Sorry if we're making it hard for you. I'm sorry that I'm causing you to be bother right now...", he paused for a moment and sighed again, "This is hard but if it's a way to make things alright again... I.. I'll st-stop now...", he trailed off.

"M-minho...", those words almost didn't came out of my mouth. I keep on breathing deep to hold back myself from crying.

"W-we can be back to friends again. L-like what we are before all of these happened. I'll stop competing to Jonghyun hyung. I won't do this anymore if it's causing you to suffer."

I froze on my spot. I can't respond to him. Hearing those words, that he's giving me up, tore something inside me.

All the tears that I'm holding back continuously fall down. I covered my mouth so my sobs can't be heard on the phone. I don't want to give another burden to him if he discovered I'm crying.

"I guess it's a relief for you. I hope we can comeback to what we are used to soon. Sorry if it took too long for me to let go...", he trailed off again.

"M-minho...", it's all that came out from me.

"I'll hung up now. I'll still be here as your friend.", then he ended the call.

I still can't move even after the call has ended. My mind which has been already cleared earlier, was messed up again.

When I felt like drowning with tears, I ran inside the house and locked myself in my room.

 

--Minho's POV--

"Yoboseyo?", she finally answered my call.

"Uhm Jaei. It's Minho. Can we talk?", 

"Minho, not now. I still ha--",

"I've been trying to call you all day but you're not picking up. I also tried to go to your house but you're not there. I just wanted us to talk.", I closed my eyes tightly. 'I missed her so much.'

"We'll talk. If everything is ready to be settled and cleared. All I'm just asking now is more time."

"Look, we don't have to be like this. Please don't make it hard for all of us. Don't take yourself away from us, you don't know how hard it is. We can go back to what we are before.", I said. I'm almost in tears but I don't want to cry while talking to her. It will just bother her more and I can't take it.

"Of course we can go back. But not for now. And don't think it's not hard for me, I don't want things to be like this too."

I sighed. "Sorry if we're making it hard for you. I'm sorry that I'm causing you to be bother right now...", I paused for a while, to calm myself so I'll be able to talk. I sighed and continued.
"This is hard but if it's a way to make things alright again... I.. I'll st-stop now...", he trailed off.

"M-minho..."

"W-we can be back to friends again. L-like what we are before all of these happened. I'll stop competing to Jonghyun hyung. I won't do this anymore if it's causing you to suffer."

I waited her answer but it seems like she won't say anything and it brought more pain in me.
'She didn't even gave her reaction.', I was waiting for her to say 'you don't have to do it', but there's really no word from her.

'I hope my decisions brought relief on you. You don't have to think hard right now.'

"I guess it's a relief for you. I hope we can comeback to what we are used to soon. Sorry if it took too long for me to let go...", I trailed off. The tears, they're starting to come out.

"M-minho...", she just called my name again.

"I'll hung up now. I'll still be here as your friend.", then I already ended the call. I don't know I'll be able to talk clearly anymore of I continued. I don't want her to hear sobs from me.

'Minho, you did it...'
 

--Jonghyun's POV--

My face lit up when I finally saw Jaei coming.

I came here at their house earlier but she's not here so I decided to wait for her.
I wanted to talk to her again and say apologize again, hoping that it will make our situation better.

I stepped to come close to her but she stopped walking because her cellphone rang. I just hid myself for a while she's talking on the phone. I peaked at the fence where I am hiding to see her.

"Minho, not now. I still ha--", she said on the phone.

'So it's Minho.'

I just continued to observe her while she's talking on the phone and I don't like what I am seeing.

I can see pain on her face while she's talking on the phone. I bit my lower lip as I saw her eyes became watery. I don't know what are they talking about on the phone but I'm sure, it's bringing a lot of pain to her.

I saw her tears that she's holding back continuously flow on her cheeks. 'What is Minho telling her?'
I felt the urge of running to her, hug her and comfort here when I saw her cover while she's drowning in tears.

She froze on her spot for a while, still crying. And after a while, she ran in the house. 'I didn't even talked to her.'. I just decided to go home, still bothered while recalling how she cried while talking over the phone.

When I entered the dorm, I saw Key stood up from the couch as soon as he saw me.

"Jonghyun let's talk.", he said so I sat beside him.

He sighed and started. "Are you really serious about Jaei?"

I looked at him and smiled bitterly. "Do you know me as a playboy? I'm just naturally close to girls but I never played on someone."

"I know. But it's different this time. If she chose you and end up just breaking up when time comes, like what happened to your past girlfriends, I'm sure she'll be hurt and I don't want that to happen. She's been very close to me and I can't afford to see that happen."

I just laughed bitterly. "You think I want that to happen?"

Suddenly, Minho came out of his room. He looks really stressed. He just passed to us like he didn't saw us and went to the kitchen to get some bottled water then lock himself in the room again.

"He looks terrible. Earlier, I heard him talking on the phone and I think it's Jaei."

My eyes widened and turn to Key asking for more information.

"I heard that he'll stop competing with you now. He said he'll let go now because she doesn't want Jaei to suffer anymore from thinking and choosing. But I saw how in pain he is while he's saying those words, and now, he seriously looks terrible."

I froze on my seat when I heard that.
'So, he told Jaei that he'll let go...Is it the reason why Jaei is crying so hard?'

Jaei is also in pain, just like Minho. Thoughts continuously came to my mind. Now I am able to realize some things that I didn't realize before because I'm being to selfish.

I stood up and was about to go out again when Key called me.

"Where are you going?", he asked.

"I'll help Jaei fix things.", I said and quickly turned and walked out.


--Your POV--

Unni and I were eating dinner when the doorbell rang. 

"I'll get it.", Unni said and she got up and went to the door. I just continued to eat.

"Jaei. Someone wants to talk to you.", Unni said when she came back.

I looked up at her and flashed an afraid expression. She smiled at me and my hair.
"Don't be afraid. It's time to fix things now.", then she pulled me up to stand.

I went to the living room but no one is there, then I saw someone standing at the opened door.
It was Jonghyun, staring blankly outside.

"Why don't you come in?", I asked when I finally came near him.

He smiled at me. "Let's talk here, outside.", he grabbed my hand and pulled me then we sat on the door step.

"Good thing you let me talk to you now.", he started.

"I.. I just wanted to fix things now. This issue is getting bigger and bigger.", I said while facing down.

"I know. That's why I'm here. I'll help you fix things."

I looked at him with confusion.

He smiled bitterly. "I don't want to continue bothering you anymore. I already accepted that you didn't chose me."

"But...b-but, I haven't chosen yet."

"You already chose. Believe me. But unfortunately, it's not me. I saw it and I just realized it."

"I ca-can't understand."

He held my hand, "It's not me. I saw how you cried from pain when you talked to Minho. That pain, I also saw it on him. Sorry, I didn't mean to spy on you while you're talking to Minho over the phone earlier..", he chuckled weakly. "I saw you cry and when I discovered what Minho told you, it just made me realize a lot of things and that is... you chose him. Even before, it's him."

I can't talk for a while. Things started to sink on my mind and as I think over his words, my thoughts are being connected to each other and slowly forming a clear answer. Tears started to flow out of my eyes again.

I chuckled in between tears. "You're so great. You found out the answer even before I did."

He also chuckled and he hugged me, "I know I'm great. And I'm also a very good man. I can't see a girl crying and another boy in pain because of me. I'll now give way to Minho, who's a very good friend of me and my family."

 "He already let go of me...", I cried on his shoulder.

He stood up and also made me stand up and face him.
"He didn't. He just said that, trust me. I know how impossible it is to let go that easily. I already did my part. It's your turn now."

I nodded. "Thanks, oppa. Sorry to cause you pain. I'm sor--"

"It's not your fault. Don't worry about me. Once I step off to this doorstep we're standing right now, the stupid and selfish Jonghyun that confessed to you will be gone for good and the Kim Jonghyun, whom you met and became really close with, he'll return."

"O-oppa...", I trailed off, drowning with tears.

He smiled and wiped off my tears. Then he looked down as he slowly step off the doorstep.
When he finally got off, he took a step again, took a really deep breath and turned around to face me.

"GOOD NIGHT YEOJA!", he cheerfully said while waving his hands.

More tears fell down from me then I ran to him and jumped to give him a hug.

"You, childish Kim Jonghyun... Thank you very much."

He my hair and gently pushed me away from him.
"Good night. Sleep now. Everything is already fixed. BYE", he smiled then slowly turned and walked away.

I smiled as I watch him walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

WHO'S THE MAN YO?!

Sorry for a very dramatic chapter.

SO..... TEAM MINHO WINS!

Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for the next chapter. :*

Read, Comment, Subscribe, Vote ♥