Chptr 19: Awkward + Suspicion

SHINee Girl

 

--Your POV--

KyeongEun unni and I were at the backyard, preparing.

It's Sunday and Unni's rest day. She decided to have a little Barbecue Party so she could relax and relieve stress, according to her. Actually it's not a party, it's more likely just a lunch get-together since she just invited shinee oppas and her boyfriend.

I haven't told unni yet about Jonghyun's confession because I'm still uncomfortable with it. But I know that she has an idea about it. The past days before I talked to Jonghyun, unni kept on asking some weird questions and you just realized that it was somehow connected to that confession.

"Is there a problem Jaei?", she asked me when she notices that I'm in a deep thought.

"Nothing. Uhmm. Unni, Do you know something abo--", i was cut off by the doorbell ring.

"Oh! They arrived. Finally.", she said, completely forgotten that I was about to ask something.
"I'll go check on them.", she said and went in to open the door for the visitors.

I was fixing the table when she came back, followed by shinee oppas.

"We're here!", Onew cheerfully said and went to me to give me a hug. The others followed as well.

I gave them all a hug each and when Jonghyun came near to hug, unconsciously, I stepped back a little but realizing that it was not a normal thing to do, I came stepped forward again and gave him a hug.

"Why so tensed?", he whispered to me before we parted.

This is the first time we will all be together again since Jonghyun confessed to me and he's right, I'm tensed. 

I don't know how to act normally in front of them so that they won't suspect, knowing that there's something that has changed. I still need time to cope with the fact that there's a pending request for 'more-than-friends relationship' so I asked Jonghyun to keep it for the mean time. I don't want negative reactions from them about this issue and I'm afraid that might affect our friendship.

"We brought more meat, noona.", Minho said to unni.

"Oh good! Thanks.", unni took the bag of meat from Minho.

"We should start grilling now!", Taemin excitedly said.

They're setting up the grill when the doorbell rang again.

"HyunWoo is already here. Wait here guys.", he went in to open the door.

--End of Your POV--

 

You are enjoying grilling the meat, even though the boys told you to just sit down and let them to the work, you strongly insisted. But Minho stayed with you to help.

"Hey don't get too close to the grill.", he pulled you a bit away from the grill.

You chuckled. "Yah, oppa. I'm not going to burn myself, okay? Relax."

"Why don't you let me handle this then you can sit there."

You shook your head and waved the grilling tongs side to said. "NO. I like doing this.", then you gave him an eyesmile.

"Okay, okay... You're messing your face.", He said and wipe some sweat on your forehead with his hand.

"Thanks." You smiled at him and when you looked at the table where the others are resting, you saw Jonghyun watching you and Minho. Seriously watching you.

You just lowered your head. It's hard to act normal, even you want to. You really feel awkward and you hate it. You know it would take time for you to treat Jonghyun again the way you used to.

You saw Jonghyun stood up, with a plate on his hands and he's heading towards you.

"Noona told me to bring this to you.", he and just passed to Minho as if he doesn't exist.

"O-oh. T-thanks. Just put that down here.", I pointed at the space beside me.

He placed the plate there but didn't leave anymore. Which made the whole situation really awkward. You were all quiet.

"We ran out soy sauce. Can somebody buy one?", KyeongEun said.

"Minho! Can you come with me? Let's go to the convenience store for a while.", Key told to Minho.

Minho hesitated to leave at first, but Key went near and dragged him away. He glanced at you for the last time before walking with Key.

'Nice save Key oppa!', you thought.

You felt a bit relieved that Minho left for a while because you can feel the tension between him and Jonghyun. They're still not in good terms and Jonghyun won't still tell you the real reason for their quarell.

"Why are you so quiet?", Jonghyun asked.

"Q-quiet?No, I m-mean. Uhm.. I-i just have n-nothing to say." you said without looking at him.

"You told me that it's going to be a secret. But you're not acting normally. No wander they might notice it soon."

I looked at him. "S-sorry. I didn't mean to be awkward. I'm just not used to this."

He smiled. "Just don't think that I have said something to you. We're still friends, right?"

I sighed. "Of course. We're still friends. Just give more time and I can be back to normal."

"I'll help you to get used to this.", he smiled and winked.

You blushed and covered your face. "Ahh, oppa. You're making it more awkward."

He laughed. "Okay. No more.", he removed your hands on your face and held you're shoulders. You just kept you head bowed down so you could lessen the awkward feeling.

Minho and Key came back from the convenience store exactly when you have finished grilling. You all sat down to the table and started eating.

You can't concentrate on eating because Jonghyun sat beside you. Minho sat on your other side.

"Try to eat this with this.", Jonghyun placed some food on your plate. You awkwardly bowed your heard and said 'thank you'.

You were quiet the whole time and Key noticed it.

"Jaei. You're so quiet. It's so unlike you.", Key said.

"You're saying that I'm usually noisy?", you cheerfully joked to act normal.

"I didn't say anything like that.", Key shrugged and laughed.

You were trying to make yourself act normal but you can't. Every time Jonghyun will talk to you, hold you and look at you. You can't help blushing and stuttering.

Jonghyun know how awkward you are feeling, but unfortunately, he has no plans on keeping quiet and staying away from you. He wanted you to overcome that feeling and bring back the closeness you used to have.

"Open.", he told you and held a beef wrapped in lettuce in front of your mouth.

You looked at him, mentally telling him to stop but he's too stubborn to do that. You looked around. It's just normal for the boys to see Jonghyun feeding you or vice versa so they actually don't mind and just continue eating. Except for Minho and Key who's watching you...

 

--Key's POV--

I'm feeling something different today. Since we came here this morning, there's I can already feel a strange atmosphere. So I tried to observe. And after a little while, I think I know what's the problem.

Jaei is acting awkward since earlier. Specially when Jonghyun is around. She would usually respond positively to Jonghyun's skinship attacks, but now, she's uncomfortable with it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can notice it.

I can also see Minho observing these two. Minho sees that Jaei is not that comfortable with Jonghyun today. That's why as much as possible, he would not let Jaei alone with Jonghyun. He would always come with them.

And the 'problem' that Jaei told me, between Jonghyun and Minho. I know it's still there and that's what makes Jaei more awkward when Jonghyun and Minho are together.

Earlier, I intently took Minho away to go to the convenience store. I can feel the tension between them and I'm worried about Jaei.

So when we came back, I tried to observe more.

"Open", Jonghyun held a beef wrapped in lettuce in front og Jaei's mouth.

As expected, Jaei is hesitant and doesn't know what to do. Usually, he would just laughed at Jonghyun but eventually eat the food he is giving her.

Jaei looked at Jonghyun then looked around. She saw me and Minho looking at them.

"I can eat by myself.", She said and ate the food from Jonghyun. Jonghyun flashed a smile of success.

'Ok now, I think I know what's happening. It's the selfish Kim Jonghyun's fault.'

He was about to feed Jaei again.

"Hyung. Mind your own food.", Minho said. Irritation is visible to his voice.

I saw Jaei got shocked that Minho talked to Jonghyun, directly to Jonghyun. I know she's worried that the two might clash.

"Jonghyun. Just feed yourself, okay? Or just feed me...AHHH.", I opened my mouth and everyone laughed. 

'Phew! You're so great at saving the situation Key.', I simply sighed in relief.

I also saw Jaei was relieved. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

'I'm wrong. This whole situation, it's not just Kim Jonghyun's fault. Choi Minho also has something about this...'

--End of Key's POV--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 ^-^

HUHU TT-TT   Really, really, really, really not feeling well right now. Runny nose, swollen/watery eyes, sore throat, dizzy feeling.

SHINEE SAVE ME!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Anyways, THANKS FOR READING. DOUBLE UPDATE FOR YOU! :* Hope you still like the story.

Read, Comment, Subscribe, Vote ♥