Chptr 15: Things Get Weirder [Part 2]

SHINee Girl

 

--Your POV--

"I mean, you were both kinda awkward with each other. Did you fight?"

He sighed. "Something like that.... there's something that we both want...." I noticed that his expression changed. He also tightened his hold on my hand.

"I think you should talk about that, so everything will be settled early. Don't make little issues fight.", I just decided not to ask more about their fight. I can feel that he's not that comfortable talking about it.

"We'll settle this soon...",he said, followed by silence.

'Another something weird.', I'm not used to this kind of awkward silence, specially when I'm with Jonghyun. He never ran out of stories and something to say. Maybe he's really affected his fight with Minho, whatever reason it was.

Suddenly, a little girl, maybe around three to four years old, walked near us.
'Oh little girl, you saved me from this awkward moment!', I thought.

"Hi baby girl. What are you doing here?", he leaned towards the little girl who's standing on front of us and she's smiling.

I slid my hand out of Jonghyun's hold to play with the baby girl.

"Yah! No, you can't take it off.", he said stubbornly as he grab my hand again and firmly held it.

"Oppa, I'm going to play with her. You like baby girls more, right?", I remembered Jonghyun once said that during Hello Baby.

"Then play with her with one hand. Like this.", he also leaned forward to play with the baby. He held her hand and he's enjoying it.

After a while, the girl already ran away. 'At least, she removed the awkward silence.'

"She's so cute.", I said.

Jonghyun chuckled. He held my hand on his one hand and the other one stretched on my shoulders.

"Don't worry. You're cuter.",he said playfully shakes me.

He only stopped shaking when I said I'm already feeling dizzy. He just continued to hold me and let out a deep breath.

"Jaei, I told you to wait, right?", he said very gently. Almost like whisper. He's smiling but i know he's serious.

"Yeah. May I know what should I wait for?", i was about to tell him that Minho kept asking about that but I just chose to keep it because he's not comfortable hearing Minho's name for now.

"Soon. Just promise to wait.", he squeezed my hand gently again.

I shrugged. "As long as it won't do any harm, why not.".

 

Jonghyun walked me home and when we arrived unni is already there.

"I'm now returning Jaei for today, noona. Thanks for letting me know where she is.", Jonghyun said then he turned to me, "Goodnight Jaei.", and he gave me a quick hug again.

Unni is just looking at us. She seemed to be observing and I don't know why either. And when Jonghyun walked out, unni said that he's going to walk jonghyun to his car.

---

"HEY! What are you doing here, outside?", Minho said.

I almost fell out of the swing where I am sitting. He suddenly appeared at my back while I was at the park near our house, entertaining myself.

"Yah! You shouldn't do that. What if i fell down?", I stood and slapped his chest continuously.

He grabbed both my hand then wrapped me in his arms. His swinging me side to side gently while he's hugging me.

"Sorry. I won't do it again.", he said between his chuckles. He paused for a while then whispered, "I missed yeoja."

His words sent tingles to me, and caused for me to blush. I normally take his endearments just as a normal words from him but since everything isn't normal these past days, I reacted weirdly on his words.

He let go of me and we sat together on the swing.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you busy?", i asked.

"Is that how you welcome me? Don't you remember you slept while I was talking to you over the phone last time?", he pouted.

"Oh, sorry about that...", I looked at him, he's still pouting. "You look cute, don't pout.", I tapped his cheeks lightly.

He unpouted his lips immediately. "What did you do yesterday? Bored?"

I remembered my conversation with Jonghyun. I also remembered the topic about their fight. Maybe it would be better if I would take Minho's opinion too.

"I talked with Jonghy--"

"What did you talk about.", he cut me off. His interest suddenly grew.

"Uhm. Lately I have noticed that the two of you have some issues.", I continued

"Issues? What's with it?", disappointment can be seen on his face. Maybe he was expecting me to say other thing. 

"He told me that you two have some misunderstandings. I asked him about that because I noticed that you are awkward towards each other."

"What misunderstanding did he told you.", he asked. He's serious so maybe there's really something between him and Jonghyun.

"It turns out that you're fighting over something. He said that there's something that you both like, and that brought the misunderstanding."

He raised a eyebrow. "SOMETHING? He said someTHING?", he asked. He kept emphasizing SOMETHING.

"Wasn't it? Is there another reason?"

"Uh-h... n-no. N-none. There's SOMETHING.", he said uneasily.

"Then what was it? You're both matured, you shouldn't fight over things.", I said seriously. I don't want any tension between any members so this issue is bothering me.

"That's why we're fighting over it, because we're already matured.", he muttered.

I can feel that even Minho doesn't want to talk about it. So I just decided not to ask more.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to walk. He held my hand and tuck our hands into the pocket of his coat. It helped to lessen the coldness of the weather.

We just continue to walk, but he just remained silent. He acted like Jonghyun yesterday after we have talked about their problem with each other. Though I don't know what's the real reason behind their fight, I can tell it's quite serious.

We have walked quite far and I noticed that he's not wearing anything in disguise. I stopped him. I know not all people will believe that we're just friends if ever somebody sees us holding hands like this, and it's not goo for him.

"Oppa. Aren't you going to put anything to cover your face? It's okay for me to walk with you anywhere. Just put something on.", I smiled softly at him.

We stopped for a while and he took out a tinted glass and a beanie from his jacket. Then we continued to walk again.

Silence occurred for quite long, until he talked.

"What else did Jonghyun told you yesterday?", he asked. Still serious looking.

"We just talked about fixing your misunderstandings...", I tried to recall what else did we talked about. Then I remembered that topic that Minho always ask about, "... And about the thing I should wait. We talked about it also."

Minho tightened his hold on my hands, still inside his coat pocket. He looked at me, and I can see nervousness on his face. "W-what about that? Did he already told you what is it?"

I shook my head. "No. He told me to wait a little longer."

I heard him sigh then he lowered his head as we continue to walk.

"Why are you so curious about it? Do you know what is it for?", I asked.

"N-no. That's why I'm asking.", he said with a bitter laugh.

I swear. The situation today is just as weird and as awkward as yesterday. Maybe it's because of their argument'Is it that serious?'

We continued to walk until we reached another park. It's bigger than the park near our house. There are also a garden with flowers, a mini but attractive fountain on the center of the park and there weren't a lot of people there.

We sat down beside the fountain and the silence continued. I can't take it anymore so i decided to tell it to him.

"Oppa, It's kinda awkward when you're silent like this."

He sighed and smiled. "I'm sorry. I'm just absorbed by my thoughts."

"And what was it?"

He chuckled as a response.

"First you're silent, then you're laughing over a question which is not even funny. So strange."

He chuckled again. He continued to held my hand and bowed his head while he talks.
"I'm sure you answered jonghyun that you'll wait.... if i asked the same question, would you have the same answer?",

"Of course. I don't see any reason why should I answer differently."

He mumbled something but I didn't heard it clearly. When I asked about it, he refused to tell it.

"Okay. Even though you both won't tell me what is it. I'll still wait. Is it a surprise for me?', my eyes lit up.

"Yes, it is.", he patted my head and smiled.

 "We're leaving tomorrow. You should go to the dorm later, so you could say goodbye to everyone."

"Sure. Let's go later.", I cheerfully replied.

 

--Minho's POV--

"I'm sure you answered jonghyun that you'll wait.... if i asked the same question, would you have the same answer?", I asked her nervously.

"Of course. I don't see any reason why should I answer differently." she said.

"That's what makes things more difficult.", I mumbled but she didn't hear it clearly.
'If you would agree on both of us. Things will be very complicated.', i thought.

How come she doesn't have any idea on what's happening around her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Double update. ♥ Hope you still enjoy reading this.

Anyways, Readers! We're halfway there. Please keep supporting.

THANKS A LOT!

READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE ♥