Chptr 3: Meeting 'Oppas'

SHINee Girl

 

Thanks for waiting for chapter 3!

ANNYEONG! As a reader requested, I'll put the meaning of some korean words I have used so that you would understand it clearly.
 *Omonim - more formal way to say 'mother'

 *yeoja - girl
 *namja - boy
 *Unni - older sister/girl (used by girls only)
 *Oppa - older brother/boy (used by girls only)
 *Arasso - 'fine', 'i know', 'ok'
 *Kyowo - cute
 *Jal haesso -  'well done', 'good job'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"So Jaei, I'm really curious about these. Are you a SHINee fan?", I looked up from my plate to look at Taemin who's sipping orange juice from his glass.

After shopping our stuffs, the boys invited me for lunch and I can't do anything but to come, and now we are sitting in the corner of a restaurant where no one could easily notice us. Yes, after just a few hours and some chats, we have become closer as if we were friends for years. Who would expect that just because I can't reach a box of cereal, I'll end up talking with these charming boys.

I almost choke on what Taemin asked, 'Me? Seriously asking if I'm a fan? More than definitely!' I smiled on my own thought.

"Yeah, I'm curious too." Minho agreed to Taemin's question. He seemed to be really curious, he leaned closer, elbows resting on the table and rested his chin on top of his clasped hands. He doesn't want to miss even a word on my answer.

I  swallowed my food before answering. "Yeah. You're really popular to girls in our country and even on other countries, and honestly I'm not an exception."

Hearing my answer they looked at each other and let out a wide, proud smile.
"There's also something I'm curious about." I declared. I paused a bit to look at them. They looked at me, puzzled. "Are you always this friendly towards girls? I mean approach them right away and get close for just a few moments?" Luckily, my question didn't sound absurd. It came out just as plain curiosity.

Minho looked at Taemin and they both smirked boyishly as if they were planning something. Minho started. "We're friendly but not as much as this. It's just that...as what I have said earlier, it's because you're interesting." he looked at Taemin.

"And pretty." Taemin added immediately. I blushed right after they finished talking. These guys know 101 ways to flatter a fangirl. I felt like melting on my chair and like a natural reaction, I buried my face on my palms to hide my face. 

I heard the both of them laughed and did 'highfive'. Realization came into my mind. So this is the boys' plan, to make me blush extremely. Well, they succeeded. I'm now melting because of the heat from my cheeks.

"You don't have any idea how cute you are when you're doing that." Minho said, still laughing. The fun was interrupted by a ringtone. It's Minho's phone. He picked it up from the table and answered it.

"OH? Hyung? Yes I bought it for you." he became silent for a while, listening on what the person on the other line was saying. Before talking again, I saw his face lit up as if he have come up with an idea. He glanced at me briefly and grinned as he talked on the phone.
"Hyung, we'll be there in a while. Clean up the dorm, someone is coming." then he ended the call.

'Someone's coming? Could it be.....'
A thought struck my mind. Is it for real? I felt nervous for some reason but to make things clear, I decided to ask them about it.

"Hey. By any chance, the 'someone' you are talking about, w-was it me?", I asked them nervously. I was actually stuttering when I talked. Half of my mind was hoping that it was me, but the other half was shaking with nervousness and begs that it shouldn't be me.

"Actually, it's you. The members would be glad to meet our new friend." Minho confirmed.
Taemin, that is obviously very happy on Minho's idea, is smiling widely at me. "Great. Are you done? We should be going now. Hyungs will be happy to see you." 

 I don't know what to say. I'm at  loss of words, if it's because of extreme happiness or nerve-racking  excitement, I can't find out. By now, all I know is I need to say something.
"How about these grocery bags? I should bring them home. And  I should change my clothes, right?" I asked continuously.

Both of them laughed. "Relax. Your clothes are fine but if you want to change, we'll drop by your house. Also, for you to get rid of these grocery bags." Minho said.

"So, let's go!" Taemin excitedly stood up, bringing some of my grocery bags, followed by Minho who picked up their own groceries.
-------------
 "Hey, relax. No one's gonna eat you at our dorm." Taemin, with a very calming smile, grabbed my hand and shook it. He said that it'll help for me to loosen up.

We are now sitting inside the car on our way to their dorm. I'm seriously nervous and I can feel my heart pounding every second. Taemin told me that we are less than five minutes away from their dorm. Every second tortures me, feels like my heart is going to jump out of its place. Why wouldn't I be nervous? I'm going to meet the rest of the group members. A lot of worries are staying in my mind. 'What if they don't like me? What if they found me uninteresting? Will they talk to me or snob me as if I don't exist?', and on the top of all my worries, what if I embarrass myself in front of them. You know, typicall fangirl who sometimes look dumb in front of these idols.

I felt my heart explode when the car finally stopped in front of an apartment building.
"Here we are.", Minho declared. He opened the car door and let Taemin get off first, then he followed. 
He turned back to me and offered his hand. I stared at his hands, my face is full of worries and I know the boys can see it. Both of them showed me a gentle smile, enough to lessen my nervousness.
I sighed really deep before taking Minho's hand. 'This is it. Jaei, fighting!' I cheered myself and finally stepped out of the car. Taemin held my left elbow, while Minho is still holding my right hand and we started to walk inside. We rode an elevator, and now we are walking towards their dorm door.

"Ready?" Minho asked looking straight into my eyes, then he smiled sweetly. "There's nothing to worry. You're fine. Promise."
I smiled at him as a sign that I'm accepting his words. He squeezed my hands gently and surprisingly, I can feel my nervousness lessened in half. 

"Let's go. They'll like you for sure." Taemin also smiled at me. We are now standing in front of their door. Minho turned the knob and gently pushed the door open. Before I can see what's inside, I heard someone yelled. "Boys! They're already here!". 

When the door was finally opened, it revealed Key, standing few steps away from the door and widely smiling. The smile has a very welcoming effect and it feels good.
Key stepped closer and I bowed slightly to him. "Oh! Annyeonghaseyo." He also bowed.

After a few seconds, someone came out of a door, probably the kitchen. A man holding a bottled water is confidently walking towards us. It's Jonghyun! He stopped in front of me and greeted me cheerfully.
"Annyeonghaseyo! So, you are Taemin and Minho's new friend?" I looked at him and nodded gently. He is sweetly smiling at me, 'He really has a lot of charm.'.

He suddenly stepped closer to me, looking at the top of my head. He looks like he's measuring something, and I have proved it right when he placed his hand on top his head and slid it forward, on the top of my head. He seemed to be very please with what he had discovered. He grinned at me and charmingly tilt his head on the side.

"I'm taller than you. Well, I really like you now." He was grinning boyishly as he offered his hand for a hand shake. I giggled and accepted his hands.
'So, Kim Jonghyun has problems with height matters.'. Yes, he was taller than me, but it's nearly unnoticeable because it's just an inch or a bit more.

"Yah, Kim Jonghyun! Is this your new way of considering who to be friends with?" Key said, having his arm crossed in front of his chest. All the boys laughed at Jonghyun.

"It's one of my ways, Kibum." He answered Key and laughed along with the boys.

Seeing them like this makes me feel more comfortable. They're being natural so I guess it won't be hard for me to get along with them. At last, I met the rest of the guys. Key, Jonghyun and.... wait, somebody is missing.

Just exactly when I have noticed that they're not yet complete, someone came out running from another door, maybe the bedroom. A squishy guy is rushing towards us. He slid in front of us to stop from running, almost tripping himself down. 'Yeah, how could I forgot Onew'. After securing his balance, he fixed himself, stood straight and greeted me with full smile.

"Annyeonghaseyo!", his smile seems to light up the whole place. A real 'Mr. Sunshine'.

Now they're really complete. After greeting them formally and introducing myself, we all sat down to the couches. Minho and Key on my both sides, Jonghyun and Taemin on the other couch and Onew decided to make himself comfortable on the floor.

"So, you're having a vacation? Where are you from?" Jonghyun started by asking.

"Yes, it's actually a long vacation. I'm from California."

"Oooh, California. Nice!" Key said in English. I can say that he's good.

The conversation went well. They are easy to talk to. I have answered they questions about anything, where I am staying in Seoul, why did I decided to go to Korea, how did I met Taemin and Minho. We never lost something to talk to. They even shared me some stories. These guys are really nice to me. The feeling of being lucky is starting to sink in my mind now.

After few talks, Onew and Jonghyun suggested to tour me around their dorm. According to them, this would help me know them better. All of them agreed and seemed to be pleased with the idea. Jonghyun stood at my back, held me on my shoulders and have me walk with him. Onew walked with us and as Taemin and Minho were about to follow, Key stopped them. I stopped with Jonghyun at my back and Onew on my side.

"Hey, Hey, Hey. Where are you two going? Who do you suppose to put this away?" He said while pointing at the grocery bags on top of the living room table. Taemin and Minho just threw the bags onto the table earlier, excited to start the conversation.

"Hyung, we'll fix that later." Taemin said like a child excusing himself from doing something.

"No. You two brought this. Fix this, now." Key ordered the two. He is now standing mightily with both his hands on his waist.

"Now you're witnessing how Kibum nags." Jonghyun whispered on my ear.
"You should get used to it, it happens always." Onew whispered to on my other ear. I giggled silently on what they are saying about Key. Now, I have proven that Key really acts like a mother to his co-members. I looked at Taemin and Minho. They are just standing for moments, with despairing faces, hoping that Key would change his mind. But seeing Key sturdily standing and waiting for them to respond, they can't do anything but to walk back with their shoulders down, pick up the bags and bring it to the kitchen.

Satisfied with the results, Key turned to us and smiled. He led the way to the bedrooms as if nothing happened. The three of us followed him. He stopped in front of a door and opened it widely for us. We walked inside and I saw a spacious room with two beds. 'I think I know whose bed are these'. One of the bed has a covering printed with cute doodles and the other one has a pink bed cover and comforter.

"This is Taemin's bed.", pointing at the bed with cute doodles. "...And this is my lovely bed." pointing at the pink bed. Their beds look cute. It really shows who they are. And the room, it's clean. Seems like these guys are neat, or is it just because it's Key's room that is why it is well organized.

Key showed me some of his stuffs and we headed to another room afterwards. Jonghyun opened the door and as soon as we got inside, two guys came running in. Taemin and Minho had finished organizing the groceries so they followed.

"Done?" Key asked.

"Yes omonim!" the two boys answered in chorus.

"This is our room so I should be here to show it." Minho walked inside and came near me, Taemin at his back, frowning.

"I guess you already went to our room. I'm not even there." Taemin complained.

The room was as large as the other room, also with two beds. I looked around and something caught my attention.
"Woah! A purple bed!". I came near to a bed covered by a bedsheet with lines in different shades of purple. The boys looked at me curiously. Jonghyun went to the bed and sat on it, in front of me.
"Actually, this is my bed. You like purple?" He asked with amusement. I looked at him and nodded.

"I really like purple. Back home, almost all things in my room are purple, even my bed. But since I'm staying with KyeongEun Unni now, I have to use what bed sheet is available." I explained.

"Since you like my bed cover, I won't change it, ever.", Jonghyun grinned.

"That's gross Kim Jonghyun.", Minho came and pulled me away from Jonghyun's bed and led me to the other bed. "This is my bed." he said pointing at a bed with blue and white patterns on the cover.

Before I could say something, Onew interrupted. "Hey how about my room?" he pouted.
I laughed softly and stepped near him, "Ok, let's go look.". I said it like pleasing a child. 

We all went out of the room and went to Onew's room. Taemin immediately jump onto the bed and sat down. The room was smaller compared to the other rooms but because it has just one bed, it can be considered fair.
The room was very far from Onew's sunny personality. It was quite simple. The bed sheet is just white with some gray lines and a few white pillows. His stuffs are also well organized. Looking at his room, he seemed to be a matured, simple guy.

I sat down to his bed, with Taemin. Onew followed and sat beside me. The other three just walked close to the bed but remained standing.
"Even though you all are boys living here, you still manage to keep it neat and comfortable. Good job guys!" i said, raising my closed fist as a "fighting" sign. All of them laughed.

"Of Course!" Jonghyun said proudly. He noticed a gap between me and Taemin. He smirked and tried to fit himself in the small gap, causing Taemin and Onew almost fall out of bed. Then, the childish play on top of the bed began.

 I stood up, worried that I might get hit, and looked at them. I smiled while watching them. Seeing these guys act like this makes me feel really welcome to their family. I can say that I'm the luckiest fangirl living, so far.

"Uhh, these guys won't grow up." Key said. Key came close to me and pulled my hands. "Come, let's check the kitchen.". I smiled at him. Minho came with us and held me on my shoulder. He whispered  something to me.
 "I told you, they'll like you." I looked at him and saw him smiling.
----
*message, PYONG!*

I heard my message alert tone for more than ten times this morning. I know it's a bit late but I want to sleep more. I stayed awake late last night because I'm chatting with my friends through internet. It has been a month since left them and we missed each other so we talked.

*message, PYONG!* 
 Another text message came. 'Uh, I think I know to whom are these texts coming from.'. Still sleepy, I grabbed my phone on my side table and checked the messages.

I knew it....
'Good Morning. Awake? ;>' -Minho

 'Annyeong! Good morning.'  -Key

'Still sleeping? get up, get up, get up'  -Taemin

'Hey where's my morning greeting?'  -Jonghyun

'Have you eaten breakfast?'  -Onew

Those texts and more. I'm right. It's the boys who are determined on trying to wake me up through their text messages. Seriously, these boys are enjoying themselves bothering me. It's been less than a month and we have grown closer to each other since our first meeting. Whenever they don't have any schedules, we hang out together and talk a lot with each other. We are now comfortable having each other around.
My world experienced a little peace these past days because the boys have to attend a lot of schedules and they weren't able to be around. But now, receiving more than a bunch of messages from them, I'm sure they have finished their works. Although even they were busy, they still manage to send me some greetings through messages or calls. And I found it really sweet.

Before I am able to reply to their messages, the message tone rang continuously for five times. And when I checked it, I discovered that all those five more messages that came contain the same message but from five different senders.

'SHINee yeoja! SHINee namjas miss you!'

I smiled when I read the message. SHINee yeoja... they gave me that name because according to them, I am like the 6th member of their SHINee family. I feel flattered that even for just a short time, they have already accepted me as a part of them.
I replied to their messages and quickly got up to fix myself. I ate my breakfast alone because Unni already went out to work. After finishing my meal, I took a bath and prepared.

I came out of the taxi when I finally arrived in front of the building. I walked inside and headed to the dorm. Few steps away from their door, I can already hear someone talking loudly, and I know who was it.
"YAH!! I told you the dorm is messy. Aren't you going to help me?!" I heard as I turned the door knob. They always leave the door unlocked everytime I'm going to come.

"Kibumie, is nagging again~." I said in a cute tune as I walked inside.
"Jaei~!" The boys immediately got up from lying on the couch and ran to me.

"Ah. Thank God you're here." Key came beside me and wrapped his arms across my shoulders. "I'm the only one who bothers to clean this messy place." he complained to me.

"I told you it wasn't messy." Jonghyun answered Key. They were all around me now. They seemed to be pleased that I have arrived.
I walked to a desk in the living room to place my bag on it and the boys followed. All of them, except Key, lied down again lazily on the couch.

I looked around the dorm and proved that Jonghyun is right. The dorm is clean. Key is just being a 'cleanliness freak' sometimes. But I know he won't stop nagging all day if he can't do what he wants. I looked at him, smiled, and sighed.
"Arasso...",  I walked at a desk get the duster but when I was about to pick it up, the boys stopped me.

"Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey! NO!" All of them jumped off the couch from lying down and ran to me. Minho and Jonghyun held my arms, each of them holding an arm. Onew grabbed the duster to me and held it far from me while Taemin is blocking in front of me.
At first I panicked, not knowing what was happening but when I realized that these kids are just exaggerating things, I laughed loudly. They look so serious.

"Seriously? What are you guys doing?" I asked them in between laughter.

"We won't let SHINee yeoja clean for us." Onew said, he still looks serious.
Taemin, on the other hand, started laughing when he finally realized how exaggerated they have done things.
Key grabbed the duster to Onew and walked near us. "You look like idiots." He said laughing. The boys also started to laugh.

"Guys, let's just clean a bit for Key and then you can do anything you want afterwards.", I told them. Fortunately, they all agreed and started their task. 

Actually, they were more likely playing than cleaning, running around and throwing things at each other. At the end, they just decided to stop because they just made the dorm messier than it was earlier. We all gathered in the living room and have some snacks.

We're having fun talking to each other when I saw a cute commercial of an ice dispenser. It totally caught my attention but it seems that the boys weren't interested and they just kept talking.
A cute little girl and an older boy was talking in that commercial, and at the end of it,  the little girl called the boy 'oppa' in a very cute way. It was my weakness, those cute things.

Unconsciously, while peeling a tangerine, I softly repeated the way the girl said 'oppa'. It was my habit, whenever I heard something and it caught my attention, I will unconsciously repeat it.
I sensed that the boys are looking at me. They were smirking at me and I remembered that I said 'oppa' cutely. I thought they won't hear it because they are busy talking at each other, but I'm definitely wrong. They heard it and now, they're all looking at me, smiling meaningfully.

My face immediately turned red when they started giggling, then Taemin whispered something to Key who was sitting beside him. They both smirked and at Taemin's hand signal, they both leaned forward to me and squealed in chorus. 

"AHH! Kyowo!" 

My cheeks turned more red because of both shame with what I have done earlier and with what Taemin and Key did. Automatically, I buried my face on my palm and holding back myself from screaming. 
The boys all giggled and squealed at the same time. It's hard to act normally when this guys are like these.  I haven't done this 'silly habit' of mine since I met all of the members, Minho and Taemin might have forgetten about it already. But unlucky for me, because Taemin saw me blushing again, he was reminded about what happens when I become too flattered.

After being calm, I fixed myself and look at the guys who are still laughing.
"Guys stop it! This is serious, don't you know how dangerous over fangirling is?" I asked, trying not to laugh with them. They laughed even more, indicating that they know what I am talking about.

"Hey Jaei, we haven't heard you call us oppa since we met. I just remembered we're all older than you." Key said after the laughter ended.

Yeah, right. I haven't called them oppa since then, neither anybody else. Honestly, I haven't tried calling someone oppa since I don't have any older brother and I don't know anybody else aside from Unni and these SHINee boys. HyunWoo, Unni's boyfriend, I just call him on his name with '-ssi' because we're not that close. So I'm worried it might come out weird from me.

"Can you try it? Even once?", Onew asked. I looked at all of them. They were waiting for me to say something. 'Maybe it wouldn't sound bad, I should try it.'

"Oppa~" I started. They giggled with joy. They seemed to be liking it.
'Oh, it doesn't sound bad at all'

"Call my name." Minho told me.  I felt more confident on saying it because it didn't came out bad.

I smiled at them before starting. "Minho oppa, Onew oppa, Jongie oppa, Taeminnie oppa, Kibumie oppa~". I enjoyed saying oppa together with some nicknames I used to call them. 
I can sense that they were about to squeal again. "Hey don't ever, ever, ever, squeal!"
They became obedient and giggled over what they have heard.

"AH! SHINee yeoja jal haesso!" they said it all together and tapped me lightly on my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 READERS. Thank you for reading. Sorry if it's taking too long for updates. I just got busy. 
But keep my word, I'll never stop writing in this story until it's finished. So just wait for updates.
And by the way, do you have any 'Dream Scene'? We can make it real here in this story. Message my account and i'll be more than willing to  include it in the story as I can.

KAMSAHAMNIDA!

READ, COMMENT and WAIT :*