Chptr 5: NONE?

SHINee Girl

 

WORDS:
   •Mwo-yah? - "What's that/it?"
   •Eotteokhae? - "How?" / "What should I do?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yah! Taemin-ah, don't cheat!". Jonghyun yelled while almost squeezing his game controller out of extreme excitement and concentration.

As usual, we're staying at their dorm since they don't have schedules. The boys are playing a racing video game except for Key who's having his own world with his laptop and me. He's showing me his selcas....endless selcas.

This is not the first time Jonghyun accused the other players of cheating since their game started. Based on what I'm hearing from their conversations, our poor Jonghyun is loosing and can't even win once. So all his frustrations are passed to the other members through his silly accusations.

"Me? oh Hyung. I'm not cheating.", Taemin said while calmly pressing his controller's buttons.

Then suddenly...

"Almost there....... YEAH! I won!", Taemin stood up, throwing his hands up and doing a funny victory dance.

"Uhh, this is silly.". Jonghyun just threw the joystick on the floor. He lost again. "You're cheating me."

"Nobody's cheating. Just play better.", Minho answered Jonghyun's accusation.

Jonghyun is sulking like a child over his lost. He's pouting while his eyebrows almost met each other. When suddenly he glared at me and Key sitting on the couch. He stood up from the floor and walked towards us. 
Key and I looked up at him when he finally stopped in front of us.

"What now? Just play there." Key said to Jonghyun, driving him away.
But instead of leaving, Jonghyun grabbed my hands and pulled me up to stand. Completely clueless of what will he do, i just stood up and puzzledly gave him a look.

"Yah! Can't you see where doing something here?!" Key yelled while watching Jonghyun pull me away and drag me to sit with him on his spot earlier.

Jonghyun smiled like nothing happened while his reaching for his joystick again.
"I have my lucky charm now. Let's play!", He turned to me and winked. Sometimes I really can't understand what's running on their minds. They would suddenly have silly ideas, specially Jonghyun.

"Hyung, you're bothering her again.", Minho told Jonghyun. His giving Jonghyun an irritated look.

"Right. How could you just snatch her away from me. You childish DINO." Key said and threw a couch pillow to Jonghyun. But it didn't hit anybody.

Jonghyun reached my hand and looked at me with his puppy eyes, asking me to defend him.
Of course with those eyes, I can't resist him. It's just too cute, and they know I can't resist cute things.

"Uhm, It's okay. Just continue playing. I'm fine here." I gave them an eye smile for assurance.

"Hey,hey, hey. How about me? Where doing something here, remember?", Key interrupted.

'Uhh, seriously, why do I have to be in this situation always?'. I'm often squeezed in this kind of situation. I have to make my decisions fairly and in favor of anybody. I don't want to end up favoring someone more, it's kinda unfair for me and I really would feel guilty.

I remained silent for a while, thinking of what to do. Luckily I came up with an idea. I let out a big sigh first then continue.

"Uhm Kibum oppa, can we just sit here together so we could look at your photos and for these kids to start their game already?". I clasped my hands together to make it more pleasing. "Please~".

Key sighed and smiled afterwards, "Arasso.". he stood up and sat on the floor beside me and with the other boys.

"Let's start. I'm gonna win this." Jonghyun announced.

But before the game started, Onew crawled closer to me and sat behind me since there's no more space on both my sides, having Jonghyun and Key sitting there.
"Well in that case. Can I share some luck from this lucky charm?". he smiled at me. Then the game has started.

I could imagine how funny do we look like at this moment. Despite of the big and spacious living room, we're gathered on a spot on the floor, crowded and very close to each other.
But this is what these guys want. For some reason, they always want to stay with me, as much as possible, close to me. Often, we would end up all staying at one place because no one wants to stay far. I have no choice but to have them all near me to stay fair, and besides I like it too.
I feel very special and important with these guys around and I found it very sweet.

The game is starting to get serious again. I looked at Jonghyun who remained surprisingly quiet since their game started. I can see he's concentration and he really want to win this one. But when I looked at the TV screen to see if his efforts are paying off, I got disappointed too see him in the brink of losing again.
But maybe a little help will do. He didn't consider me his lucky charm for nothing.

"Oppa, turn left!". I told Jonghyun. He attentively followed my directions. 

"Turn left right again then accelerate!", again he did what I said. He's car is now so close to Onew's car. 
Unconsciously, I already knelt down beside him, tightly holding onto his shoulder because of excitement. Based on his grip on the joystick, he's tensed, seeing him almost squeezing it.

"Oppa, overtake!". I'm almost screaming, even I can feel tensed.
He finally made it  and passed over Onew's car. I'm shaking his shoulder in extreme excitement over the game.

The game getting fired up. The other players are taking it seriously as Jonghyun does. Everybody already forgot blinking, not taking their eyes from the TV screen. Even Key stopped scanning his pictures to watch the game.

After some moments, all the remaining player's car are already close too each other. Minho is already kneeling, as if it would affect the speed of his car. Taemin is switching positions, turning physically whenever he's making the car turn. The leaving room is starting to be filled with yells and screams.

"Jjongie oppa! Almost there! FIGHTING!". I cheered. The finish line can already be seen.
"Turn then accelerate oppa!". he followed then the game ended.

 "Woaah~! I won.", Jjong just threw his controller again on the floor and stood up. He pulled me up and have me jump with him. He dances me around and sways me around. Undeniably happy about his little victory.
"My lucky charm is indeed effective.", he smiled.

"Yah! Mwo-yah?! You didn't do it yourself. That's unfair." Minho complained.

"What's unfair. I just won~!" Jonghyun smirked.

Are these guys serious? I looked at Minho, he didn't look like his mad but I can see his serious and I can feel irritation to his words. 

"Hey guys, stop. It's all just a game.", I can't think of calming words. 'Eotteokhae?'. I looked at Key, eyes asking for help. 

He sighed. "I told you, don't get involve with their game. Aisshh.", He closed his eyes and sighed again. When he opened his eyes, he looked at the boys. "Don't burden Jaei. OK? If you think it's unfair, then play again. Aigoo, so childish."

Taemin came beside me. "Well then, Cheer for me this time Jaei."

"Playing again? oh okay. I'll cheer.". I answered Taemin.

"Hey you're supposed to be cheering for me.". Jonghyun possessively wrapped his arms over my shoulders.

Then all I can hear from them is "How about me?". I don't know who to listen nor who to follow. I'm just standing there, speechless and totally confused.

"Wait. Quiet everyone. Let's just have Jaei choose herself.". Onew suggested. He made me sit on the floor again then all of them sat in front of me.

"You're making her choose? I'm an option too!". Key placed his laptop aside and joined us.

My brain still can't process what's going on. Their making me choose? Of what? For what? I can't speak and give my answer right now.

"Oh wait. Let's just change it." Taemin smiled and his face lit up, seems like he had come up on an idea. "I've been wanting to know this. Let's just make it... choose who is your bias." his suggestion is approved by the other members.

They all leaned forward, wanting to hear my answer clearly. But moments have passed. I still can't give them an answer.

"Jaei. Answer~. You know what is bias, right?". Key asked. 

I took a deep breathe before answering. "Yes. Of course I know what bias is. But to tell you, honestly, I have none of that."

"NONE?", they exclaimed in chorus.

"I thought you were a fan. From what I am hearing from our fans, they have this thing called 'bias'.", Jonghyun said.

"Yes I'm a fan. But seriously, I have no bias. SHINee is SHINee and having bias makes me feel guilty of being unfair."
They stayed quiet. Thinking if they would believe me or not. But if I were them, they should consider it as truth.

-------

"Kamsahamnida. Please come again.", the saleslady handed me the paper bag and bowed.

I smiled and bowed back then left the store. I decided to buy some cosmetics for me and unni at  an Etude House shop. When I stepped outside, a poster hanged at the window pane of the shop caught my attention. I didn't noticed this when I came in earlier.
I smiled when I came a closer and have a better look of it. It was SHINee, I forgot that they were the latest endorser of Etude. Then a thought crossed my mind. I remembered that shinee's dorm was on the same street where I am right now, just a few blocks away. So I decided to pay a visit.

I haven't receive a text message this morning from them, except from a morning greeting from Minho and Jonghyun. I'm not sure if they are at their dorm so I would just check.

When I finally arrived at the entrance of the building and was about to walk in, I saw a familiar man walking out from the same building. He finally noticed me

"Oh! Annyeong. What are you doing here?". It was Manager Choi Jin, shinee's manager. We already met a few times, courtesy of shinee oppas.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I came at a shop near here so I decided to check if oppas are here."

"I see. Well, they're not here. They're at the studio, they're practicing a bit. Taemin just left his phone here so I went to get it."

"Ok. Maybe I'll just go. I'll go first now. Bye", I bowed to greet him goodbye.

"Oh wait. They're not that busy at the studio right now. You could come with me if you want or if you're not busy. I'm sure they'd be glad to see you there.", Manager-nim offered.

"Really, Thanks!".

We bought drinks first before we went to the studio.When we entered their practice room, I saw all of them sitting on the floor, their eyes was all on the laptop, they seemed to be watching a performance, maybe reviewing it. Manager-nim and me walked in but the boys was still concentrated on what their watching.

Then Taemin finally raised his head.
"Got my cellp-". he was interrupted on what he was saying when he finally noticed me. He's face happily glowed. "Hey. Look who's here.", Taemin stood up and ran to me.

After hearing what taemin said, the others raised their heads too and saw me. As expected, all of them also ran to me.

"I thought maybe you're tired so I brought a Human Battery." Manager-nim said smiling while looking at us. It was like a family reunion scene, hugs here, hugs there, although we have seen each other just yesterday.

"Human Battery, well then....".Key said. He stood behind me and wrapped his arms on my neck sweetly while his chin rests on my shoulder. "Charging..." key said with closed eyes.

The other members glared at Key, sharply, just like how he used to glare at jonghyun when he's into his skinship mode.

We sat on the floor and gathered around while they're drinking the drinks I bought for them. I wanted to drink too but the bag of drinks where far from me so I asked Minho to hand me a bottle since it's beside him. Minho took a bottle Taemin and Onew took one each also and handed it too me. Three bottles are offered in front of me then Key and Jonghyun envied the three boys and decided to hand me a bottle too. 

'Uh, Here we go again.' , I already know what these boys are up too. They're making me choose again. Since the topic about my bias was opened a few days ago, they never stopped finding ways to make me choose one over all of them. I don't know if they do not believe that I don't have bias or they just wanted to hear who'll be my choice. Well, they'll never hear it from me.

"Are we going to start on this again?", I raised an eyebrow while looking at them, one by one.

All of them sighed then put the bottles down. Then manager-nim came to us.
"What's going on?", he asked curiously and he handed me a bottle. At last I could drink.

"Hyung-nim, do you believe that Jaei has no bias?", Taemin asked their manager.

Their manager chuckled then sat with us. "She doesn't have? Well, I believe it's possible."

'Uh, Thanks God somebody understands me'. I thought.
"I told you, you have no choice but to believe me. Don't you believe that I'm a fair person?", I smiled at them naughtily. Seriously, I really have no bias among them. I love SHINee as a whole. All of them has their own talent so I can't even answer the question 'Who do you think is better'. Specially now that i have met them in person. I can't choose one because they have all been nice too me from the very start of our meeting and until now. I treat them equally as my oppas and I think that's what should really be done.

"But maybe by at this time, you already have one." Onew said.
I just shook my head. 

"Then why don't you just make her have one?", Manager-nim said which made the boys look puzzled but it seemed to catch their interest. Even I, wondered on what he said.

"Make Jaei have a bias, if you really want an answer from her.", Manager-nim explained briefly.

"How?", Minho asked.

"It's up to you. How would you catch her attention individually.?"
Silence followed.

"A date? An individual date?", Jonghyun asked. He glanced at me then he smiled awkwardly, worried that I might disapproved on his idea.

Key's face brightened. "Right. Okay, an individual date. So here's how it goes.--"

"Hey guys, just to let you know, I'm still here. Maybe asking for approval won't do any harm.", I interrupted Key's explanation.

"It will. If we asked for your approval first, there's 50% chance that you'll reject it. But since you we have to ask it....", as if on cue, all of them crawled closer to me, giving me the cutest face they could ever make.

I looked at Manager-nim asking for help. He's still sitting with us and looking at his boys do silly things for the sake of this 'Bias Issue'. He just smiled and nodded.

I let out an 'I-give-up' sigh then talked. "Okay, okay. How would it work.?"

Automatically, they fixed themselves and sat straight to listen to Key's explanation.
"So, as I was saying, it would be individual. We'd have a schedule for each person, depending on our availability. Each person will be given a whole one day to spend with our dearest girl...", he cutely motioned his hands to my direction. I just giggled on his cute gesture. Then he continued, "Then after all dates are done, results are ready for discovery."

The members nodded, agreeing on what Key said. But Key announced something, "BUT! listen first. The day before and during the scheduled date, no one can call, text or meet with her. To avoid her from being BOTHERED.", as he emphasize his last word, he glared at Jonghyun.

"DEAL! Who'll be first?", Jonghyun said, unaffected of Key's mocking.

"Let's use this.", Minho placed an empty bottle at the center. When the other's agreed, Minho spun the bottle. I looked at each of them. They are nervously waiting for the bottle to stop, anticipating the result to be favored to them. I'm starting to feel nervous too, but I don't know why.

The motion of the bottle became slower and slower. Our hearts stopped from beating as soon as the bottle stopped, pointing to a direction. We all looked and followed the direction the bottle pointed.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANTICIPATING MUCH? XD Who will it be? ^-^

Sorry for not updating much, but since classes are done, maybe I could update more :* HOPE YOU LIKE THIS.

READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE <3