Chptr 14: Things Get Weirder [Part 1]

SHINee Girl

 

Like what is planned, you all went to the ice cream shop, Minho's treat. Everybody was enjoying except for one.
Jonghyun became silent since you came to the ice cream shop, but you didn't notice it because you're enjoying your ice cream that much.

It's already dark when the boys dropped you off to your house. KyeongEun is already there and she opened the doors for you.

"Thanks for bringing Jaei home.", KyeongEun thanked the boys.

"No problem noona. We can't let her walk home alone.", Onew said.

"We know that you'll hate us if we did that.", Taemin added.

KyeongEun nodded. She seemed to be delighted knowing that you're being well taken care of these guys.

"Noona, we'll go now. Goodbye.", Key greeted and bowed. Then all of the members bowed as well.

They all went to you, one by one, and gave you a quick goodnight hug. Just then, you noticed that Jonghyun is quiet. He's eyeing at Minho who's greeting you goodbye and hugging you.

"Jjong oppa, is there a problem? Why are you quiet?", you asked him when he came to hug you.

The others heard your question so they turned to Jonghyun. Specially Minho, who seemed to be observing his every movement.

"Yeah Jonghyun. You're quiet since we left the dorm.", Key said.

Instead of answering, he looked at Minho who's also staring at him. They remain quietly looking at each other until Jonghyun spoke.

"No. I just have nothing to say.", he shrugged and turned to you, "Goodnight Jaei."
They all walked out and headed to their car. 

KyeongEun watched suspiciously as the boys walk to their car. She's been observing them, specially Jonghyun and Minho, and she noticed that something is going on.

You tapped at her shoulder to caught her attention.
"Unni, what are you looking at?", you asked.

She turned to you. "Have you noticed something?", she asked.

"On what?"

"Minho and Jonghyun. Can't you notice it?"

Actually, you noticed that there's something between Minho and Jonghyun. You just don't have the guts to ask about it because even the other members won't talk about it. You're not sure if it's just you who can feel it. 

"I've noticed that they act weird these past days. I just don't know why.", you said.

"Have they argued?", KyeongEun asked. She's building some suspicions but decided not to tell you yet.

"I don't know. Do you think so? Maybe they had some misunderstandings."

KyeongEun just nodded. 'You really have no idea?', she thought as she look at you.

"Unni, I'll go to my room now. You should rest now, too", then you started to walk to your room.

"Okay, goodnight.", she just continue to look at you as you walk to your room.

'She really has no idea what's happening to her oppas. How can she be this innocent?', she thought. When you finally entered your room, KyeongEun just sighed and shook her head.

 

That night, when you where on your room, you thought about what KyeongEun said.

'Maybe they had some misunderstanding. What could it be? I should help them talk about it so they could settle things between them.', you thought.

You're about to sleep, with that thought on your mind when your phone rang.
*Gom se mariga han chibe isseo....*

"Yoboseyo?", you answered the phone.

"It's Minho. Did I wake you up?"

"No. I was just about to sleep. Why did you call?"

"Nothing. It's just, I won't be able to see you tomorrow because we're too busy with individual schedules."

"Then shouldn't you be resting early tonight so you have lots and lots of energy for tomorrow?"

You heard him chuckle over the phone. "Aww, I called to say goodnight then you're driving me to rest now? Shouldn't you greet me goodnight and wish me goodluck for tomorrow?"

"Aigoo. So childish oppa...", you giggled softly. You're starting to feel sleepy now.

A few seconds of silence occured before Minho talked again.
"Jaei...", he called you softly

"hmmm?", you moaned as a response. Slowly, you're starting to feel your eyelids heavy.

"About the thing Jonghyun hyung told you. Did he already said that something you should wait for?"

You yawned first before you answered. "Uhmm, that. Not yet. Do you know something about it?"

"Uh, hmm... n-no. no. I don't know what is it.", he said, stuttering. 
'So, hyung haven't told you yet.', he thought.

"Jaei...How about mine? Would you wait for that something I told you to wait for?", he asked but received no response.

"Jaei...", he called you again but still no answer. All he could hear is your deep breathing. Indicating that you have already fell asleep.

Minho sighed. "Goodnight Jaei. Sleep tight. Soon, you'll know what I'm talking about.", he said but unfortunately, you didn't heard it because you're already asleep. Then he ended the call.

---

--Your POV--

 The next day, I decided to go out. No one is at home and even Shinee is busy with their individual schedules.

I felt a certain craving for a cheese cake that I have tasted in a cafe somewhere here in Seoul, so i decided to go out and eat some.

There weren't a lot of people there, a perfect place to have a peaceful time.
I sat at a quiet corner of the cafe and ordered a hot chocolate and a cheesecake that I'm craving for. Then my phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Jaei, it's unni. You're not at home. Where are you?", she asked.

"Why? Are you at home right now? How did you know I not there?", I wandered. I don't remembered I told unni I'm going out.

"No, I'm still at the office. I'm just asking where are you.", she explained

"Just here at the cafe we always visit. I'm feeling kinda bored at home."

"Oh. Okay. Just take care. Bye.", then the call ended.

Just then, my order got served. I took a sip from the hot chocolate and ate some cheesecake.
'Still as delicious as ever.', I took out my phone and started playing Candy Crush Saga. This game is so addicting. I've been playing this for the past days and it helps me relieve my boredom.

Minutes passed, I got so focused on the game and I didn't noticed that someone is now beside me, watching me play.

"Oh! You should have clicked the other row, instead of that.", the person beside me suddenly talked

I got shocked and startled by the person that I almost dropped my phone to the floor. Good thing, someone caught it fast.
When I looked who's that, I saw Jonghyun. He smiled, took my phone, and sat at the other chair beside me.

"You should have a phone strap, or else your phone would be crushed into pieces.", he said while looking at my phone. He continued playing the game.

I pouted. "No, it wouldn't be. If only no one will just sneak beside me and talk suddenly, my phone is safe."

He laughed. He closed the application on my phone and handed it to me.

I took it. "I thought you guys are busy today with your individual schedules? How come someone is just bumming around here?"

"I finished mine early, that's why I'm here. And I'm not bumming around. I'm here to find the girl that's surely, really bored being left alone."

"Then how did you foun--", I got cut off with a though. So, that's why unni called and asked where I am, "Oh, unni. My unni is a very reliable tracker for you."

"Yes, she is.", he chuckled, "So, you came all the way here just to play Candy Crush saga?"

I started eating my cheesecake. "No. I craved for this cheesecake. It's really, really, really good."

"Really?", he gave me a curious look then opened his mouth really wide. 
"AHH...", he said while still having his mouth widely opened.

"Oppa, it's a Public place. We're here. Forgot it?", I said and just continued eating my cheesecake.

"YAHAHHH....", he stubbornly tapped the table while opening his mouth wider. I know he won't stop until he got what he wants. I scooped some cheesecake and feed him

I looked at him. His contently, happily chewing the cheesecake.
"AISSHH. So childish", I mumbled, but he heard it.

His eyes got bigger. "What? who's childish?", he moved his chair closer to me.

"Did I say something like that?"

"More cheesecake. AHH", he opened his mouth once again. I have no choice but to feed him more, or else he won't stop.

 

We went to a playground park afterwards. He's confident on his disguise according to him (which is actually just a tinted glasses) so he doesn't mind walking around. We sat at a bench. There were a lot of children playing so I'm enjoying myself watching them.

Jonghyun is holding my hand, he never let it go since we left the cafe. But like the passed days, something is really weird about his touch. 'Why can't i figure it out!?!?'
It's too gentle, yet not to loose. I can't even slid my hand out of his hands. When he has to use his hands, he won't still let go. He would just switch my hand to his other hand.

"Aigoo, the kids are so cute, right?", I turned to him. He's just looking at me, smiling, but I didn't get any response from him.

Even the way he looks at me, it feels weird. Whenever he talks or even when listening to me, he would stare at me, deeply. Like his eyes were trying to made an eye contact with my soul. And he seemed to be serious today. Though he' still playful, I can feel seriousness on his words.

"YahOppa! I said the kids are cute.", I squeezed his hands that is holding mine. I squeezed it very tight to snap him out from his trances.

"AW! Yes I'm listening! They're cute.", he wailed, trying to stop my hand from squeezing.

"You're not listening. You're not even answering.", I loosen my grip on his hand and pouted.

"I'm listening. You said the children were very cute.", he pinched my nose lightly. "You really like kids, don't you?"

"I like them a lot! That's why I'm very happy that I have a chance to meet Yoogeun personally."

"Yeah. You seemed happier when you saw Yoogeun than when you saw us for the first time.", he pouted.

"Maybe. But Yoogeun is so cute! Just like your Hello Baby days. And he really looked like Minho.", I said excitedly, not knowing that I have mentioned Minho.

Jonghyun's smile slowly faded. For some unknown reason, Jonghyun became extremely possessive. Before we used to talk almost about anything and anyone, but recently, he don't like hearing other names aside from him. 'Another something to consider weird.'

"Oppa, did you and Minho had a fight?", I remembered what Unni said last night. He didn't answer. He just looked at me. 

I continued. "I mean, you were both kinda awkward with each other. Did you fight?"

He sighed. "Something like that.... there's something that we both want...."

....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's Part 1. Sorry to let the conversation hanging. I'll try to double update today so, please wait for it *-*

YEY! READERS, i'm now learning to switch POVs. How was it?

THANKS FOR READING

READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE ♥