Chptr 23: Ceasefire! She's Sick

SHINee Girl

 

KyeongEun keeps on walking back and forth across the leaving room. She's thinking what should she do and when she has decided, she hurriedly picked up her phone.

'Oh wait... Who should I call?', she thought.

She can't decide whether she'd call Jonghyun or Minho.
'Now, I understand how Jaei feels.', she thought. Picking just one would probably make the other one upset.

So she just end up calling Onew, since he's the eldest.

"Ne noona. Why?", Onew answered the call.

"Oh Onew-ssi. Sorry to bother you but I really need you guys here."

"Woah, you sound worried. What happened?", Onew started to worry too.

"Uhm. Jaei is very sick right no--"

"SICK?!?", Onew cut me off and then she heard a lot of asking voices in the background.

"Yeah sick. I tried to ask my boss if I can be absent just for today but he didn't allow me because we have a lot of rush works in the office.", I continued explaining.

"Don't worry noona. We'll be right there in a few minutes."

"Thank you very much Onew-ssi.", then she hung up.

Just after 15 minutes, the doorbell rang. When you opened the door, five boys came in, rushing.

"Noona, how is she?", Jonghyun asked worriedly.

"She's still sleeping right now. This morning, when she came out of her room, she doesn't look well. Then suddenly, she just fainted. I think she's experiencing migraine again and she also has fever. Sorry to bother you, but is somebody free today? I can't leave Jaei alone here so maybe you could take care of her just while I'm away.", KyeongEun asked.

"We have individual schedules for today but it's on different time so maybe those who's free at this time can stay here then the rest will take over when they're done with their schedules.", Key suggested.

"Me, Jonghyun and Key are free this morning. But me and Key have to leave before lunch", Onew said.

"I'm free this afternoon.", Minho said.

Taemin pouted. "Am I the busiest person here? I have schedules until late afternoon."

"Thank you so much guys. Please take care of Jaei.", KyeongEun said and lead you to Jaei's room.

"She hasn't eaten breakfast yet. Here's her medicines.", she pointed at the bedside table,
"I have to leave now. I know you will take care of her. I'll be back as soon as I can. Sorry again for bothering you.", she greeted good and left the house.

They all gathered around your bed.

"Oh? I have to leave now hyungs. It's almost our call time.", Taemin said.

"I'll just go out for a while and buy food for her. Minho and Taemin, you can go now.", Onew said.

The three stood up and gave you last look before leaving. Minho turned to Jonghyun and tapped his shoulder.

"Hyung....", Minho said but didn't continue.

Jonghyun nodded to Minho, He already knows what Minho was trying to say. He was asking Jonghyun to take care of you while he's away. For now, the battle for your attention is on hold.

The three already left, leaving Jonghyun and Key sitting beside your bed. They were quietly staring at you while you're sleeping.

"She feels pain. Her face doesn't look peaceful.", Jonghyun said while gently massaging your furrowed forehead.

Key watched Jonghyun while he's doing that. "You already confessed to her, didn't you?"

Jonghyun looked at Key, shocked on his question but he nodded in the end.

"Are we too obvious?", he laughed faintly.

"Minho too, right? Aiisshh, you two are really selfish.", Key rolled his eyes.

"Just please keep it from Jaei that you already know it. I don't want her to be uncomfortable." Jonghyun continued massaging your forehead.

Few minutes passed, Onew came with a porridge.

"Here's the porridge!", Onew cheerfully said, he has forgotten that you're sick and sleeping.

Key and Jonghyun glared at him and he covered his mouth. But you were already awaken by his noise.

"What are you guys doing here.", you said faintly.

"Onew hyung. Look what you've done.", Key said. Onew just chuckled and made a peace sign.

"We're baby sitting a sick girl here. How are you now?", Jonghyun asked continuously.

You didn't answer. Your eyes are half closed and your eyebrows are furrowed because of the sharp headache.

"You haven't eaten breakfast yet. I bought some porridge.", Onew brought the bowl of porridge beside you but Key took it and he sat closer to you. He started stirring it then brought a spoonful of porridge to your mouth.

"I can eat, oppa.", you said, still in a weak voice. You tried to get up but immediately dropped back again.

Key tried to feed you again but you refused. You don't feel like eating now.

"Give me that.", Jonghyun snatched the bowl from Key and replaced Key on your side. He brought the spoon in front of your mouth.

"I'll eat later. I really don't like eating now.", you refused.

But Jonghyun didn't put down the spoon. "You'll drink your medicine so you have to eat first.".

You refused a few more times but Jonghyun is much more stubborn than you and he you know he won't stop insisting. You just end up eating it.
You didn't finish the whole bowl but Jonghyun said it's enough. You drank your medicine and lay down again.

Before leaving, Key and Onew bought lunch for the two of you, then they left for their schedule. Jonghyun was the only one taking care of you.

"Hey I told you to sleep. Why are you being so stubborn?", Jonghyun said.

"I'm trying to sleep but my head is to painful. Maybe if I washed myself, i'll feel refreshed.", you slowly tried to get up but Jonghyun held you and pushed you back in bed.

"Do you want to faint again? Stay there.", he said then went to the bathroom, when he came back. He has a small towel and a basin with water.

He sat on your bed, facing you, and started wiping your face with wet towel.

"Feeling better?", He asked. You just nodded and gave him a weak smile.

After wiping your face, he put the basin back to the bathroom then sat on your bed again. He held your head and gently placed it on his lap.

"O-oppa...", you said while seriously blushing. You tried to get up but he just pulled you back on his lap.

"If you keep on protesting on everything I do, I'll tie you on your bed.", he threaten you.

You chuckled and lightly hit his lap, then comfortably rested your head there. He's gently massaging your head and your hair. It helps you relax and ease your headache.

"Where are the others?", you asked.

"I told you to sleep, not to chat with me."

"Talking will make me sleepy, promise. So, don't you have work today?", you asked, still with a weak voice. You're talking with him, trying to ease you headache.

"Make sure you'll sleep after talking... We all have individual schedules for today but not on the same time so those who are free, will stay here with you. Onew and Key were here earlier."

"You shouldn't have bothered yourselves. I can manage. I bet unni is just over worrying again.", you puffed your cheeks.

"She's not over worrying because just for you to know, you fainted earlier that's why she can't leave you alone. It just happened that her boss didn't allow her to be absent.", he continued massaging your head.  "Hey wait, you're supposed to be sleeping now, don't talk anymore, or I'm gonna do something that will make you shut up."

You gasped but glared at him. He just chuckled. You're now feeling sleepy so you closed your eyes. He's brushing you hair with his fingers while his humming softly. He's voice is too calming that brought you to a peaceful sleep later on.

--Your POV--

I slowly opened my eyes. My headache is now gone but I still feel a bit weak. I remembered that I fell asleep on Jonghyun's lap but when I looked around, he's not in the room.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?", Minho said when he entered the room.

"Better. Did Jonghyun already left?", I asked then sat on the bed, resting my back on the headboard.

"He already left for his schedule. I'll take care of you now.", he sat beside and touched my forehead.  "You're fever is gone. But you should lay down again."

"I'm fine now. No more headache. I'll feel much more better if i'm going to sit.", you smiled.

"You can eat lunch now. I'll just get your food outside.", he was about to stand up but I grabbed his wrist.

"Can I just eat outside. I don't feel comfortable eating here. Please...", i begged with puppy eyes. He paused for a while, thinking.

"Fine. Let's go.", He held my hand and guided me to stand up.

We ate lunch together then I drank my medicine.
Because I haven't taken a bath yet since this morning, and it's already afternoon now, I'm feeling icky and uncomfortable already.

"Oppa. I'll just take a bath.", i said.

"Are you sure you're fine now? Aren't you feeling dizzy? You might faint inside the bathroom.", he worriedly asked.

"Promise I'm fine now. If I won't wash myself, I'll feel weak all day. It won't take long promise.", i smiled then went inside my room.

I finished taking a bath and I was about to dry my hair when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in.", I said and when the door opened, it was Minho.

"Hey. Feeling better?", he asked.

I nodded and plugged the hair dryer. I stood in front of the mirror and started drying my hair.

"You better just sit.", he held my arms and pulled me to sit on the bed. He grabbed the hair dyer from me and sat behind me.

I didn't protest anymore knowing that he won't listen to me. I just let him dry my hair. Besides it feels better when someone is doing it for me.

"Did Jonghyun hyung took good care of you?", he asked.

I got shocked on his question. It's weird that he asked that question despite the fact that they're 'competing' with each other.

"Am I hearing it right? The possessive Minho here is fine talking about other guys?"

He chuckled. "It's just for today. Possessiveness and selfishness in on hold because you're sick. Don't worry it'll be back after you got really well.", he said while gently my hair.

After drying, he put aside the hair dryer then went back beside me. He grabbed my hands and start massaging it. It felt so good while his gently and squeezing my hand.

"Looks like your skinship skills really leveled up.", I said then I pinched his nose lightly.

"Of course. So Jonghyun hyung should take care of his title skinship king, I might replace him soon.", he chuckled.

After a few minutes, we heard loud talking from the outside. Then four people went in the room.

"Jaei. How are you? Sorry I was not able to take care of you.", Taemin rushed to me.

Minho leaned to my ears, "Looks like possessiveness mode is now officially back.", he whispered.

I looked at him confused. I looked around then I saw Jonghyun, fiercely raising his eyebrow while looking at Minho's hand massaging mine. I slowly took it away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonghyun isn't included on the WHY SO SERIOUS MV Teaser. huhu (TToTT)

Oh well. Thanks for reading again.

Read, Comment, Subscribe, Vote ♥