Chptr 9: Fire or Luck

SHINee Girl

 

   •Yeppo - "Pretty"
   •Appa - "daddy/father"

Happy Reading ^-^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

*ding dong*


I put my laptop aside and stood up from the couch to check the door. Before I could open the door, I can already tell who's outside, based on the loud talking from outside. When I finally opened it, I'm right, five shining and dazzling boys are in front of my door.

"HI~!", they said in chorus then, one by one, they hugged me before walking inside. First was Taemin, then Onew, then Key. And when it's Jonghyun's turn, he hugged me but didn't let me go. He wrapped his arm around me and was about to walk me inside the house, but before we could step, Minho grabbed Jonghyun's shoulders from behind and move him aside.

"Nuh-uh, Hyung. Not your date yet.", Minho said then wrapped his arm on my shoulder and we entered the house. Jonghyun just glared at Minho and followed.
We found the boys  who walked in first already comfortable in the living room. I took my laptop and sat back on the couch.

"Jaei, we need your help.", Onew said.

"With what?"

"We're running out of ideas on how to pick your next date.", Taemin explained.

"I told you, hyung. Just pick randomly since it's just Minho and me.", Jonghyun said while he's busy watching me as I browse to my laptop.

"No, that's not good. This is our last challenge so we shouldn't let it just pass.", Onew disagreed.

"And it's unfair. You should suffer too. Until now I can't even look at noodles.", Key shivered as he remember his Jjangmyeon experience.

Then silence followed. Everybody was busy thinking about the next challenge. I continue browsing to the episodes of a korean variety show that I missed, when a selection caught my eye...

"Luck or Fire.", I blurted. They all looked at me. "Let's do Luck or Fire for the last challenge. How's that?"

Onew, Key and Taemin looked at each other then smirked.
"That's perfect! Let's start now. We'll be making the 'FIRE'.", Onew exitedly stood up.

"To the kitchen!", Taemin led the way to the kitchen. Followed by Onew.
Key pulled me up, "C'mon. You'll be making the 'LUCK'.", then we headed to the kitchen leaving Minho and Jonghyun with worries and nervousness on their face.

After a few minutes, we went out of the kitchen. Onew and Taemin are carrying a big plate each with big rolls of rice cakes stuffed with either 'luck' or 'fire'.
When they placed the two plates on the living room table, Minho and Jonghyun looked at each other and gulped.

"Are you going to join too? Why are there so many rice cakes?", Minho asked while looking at the big stuffed rice cakes.

"No, it's just right. You'll be doing 7 rounds.", Onew said. It's he's idea. He's really being mean when it comes to this challenges.

Minho and Jonghyun's eyes widened and gulped again.
"Seven rounds? Are you serious?!", Jonghyun exclaimed and looked at me with his begging eyes.

"Sorry oppas, it's their decision. I'll just warn you, if you picked the fire...", I bit my lower lip and wrinkled my face. I'm serious, the guys really put all their grudges on those rice cakes. Anything spicy that they saw in the kitchen, they stuffed it all to it. Even just by smelling it, I teared up.
"But don't worry, I made the 'luck' rice cakes really nice!", I gave them a sweet smile for their consolation.

"Okay, let's start. Seven rounds, whoever got the most 'fire', loses.", Key declared.

With shaking hands, each of them started picking their rice cakes...

----

"Jaei! Your date is here!", unni called from the living room.

It's her day-off so she will be staying at home the whole day. I would like to hangout with her since she's very busy these past days but I can't because I have my date. I finished preparing myself by spraying a mild perfume before going out of my room. I came out and went to the living room and saw unni happily talking with my 'date'.

"Oh! Here she is.", unni stood up and came to me.

"All set? Can we go now?", Jonghyun stood up.

"Yeah, ready. Unni, we'll go now. I promise we'll have our date next time.", I kissed unni's cheek and greet her goodbye.

"Sure. Promise to schedule a date for me, okay? Both of you take care and enjoy."

"We'll go now, noona. I'll just borrow this girl for a day. Goodbye", Jonghyun took my hand and bowed to unni.
----
"How's your tongue?", I asked him, talking about their 'Luck or Fire' challenge, two days ago. We are in his car, heading to somewhere.

He wrinkled his nose and shivered as he remembered what happened. "Feeling better. But you know? I suffered from the feeling of a burning tongue for a whole day. I became bloated of water. I'll never play that again."

I chuckled. "I told you, it's really a FIRE."

"Good thing I got more of your rice cakes with chocolate candies inside.", he smiled.

"How about Minho? How's his tongue.", I remembered to asked. He got more spicy rice cakes so I'm sure his tongue sored.

His smile faded. "It's our date but I can hear another man's name?"

I regretted that I asked. I remembered the rules, no other man when it's somebody's date. "Sorry...", I lowered my face. 

He patted my head. "Forgiven.", he smiled again, "You know where are we going?"
I lifted my head, 'Thank God, it didn't ruin his mood." and just shook my head as a response to his question.

"Where going somewhere I'm sure you haven't been since you stepped in Korea.", he said
I tilted my head, 'There's many places I haven't been."

After a while, he stopped his car to a parking area. "We're here", he said while putting in his tinted glassed and putting his jacket hood. I'm sure it's a public place because he's putting on he's dusguise.
We got out of the car and walked to the entrance. 'Amusement Park!'. He's right, I haven't been to an amusement park here in Korea even though I want to.

"Hey oppa. Are you sure it's okay for you to be here? There's a lot of people, they might notice you.", I asked Jonghyun.

"Of course it's okay. Just enjoy.", he held my han and we walked around together.

A very colorful store caught my attention. There were cute animal headbands, and other headdresses. The amusement park experience won't be complete without these. I pulled Jonghyun and we went inside the shop.

"I know you would go here first.", Jonghyun said.
I just smiled and headed to the cute headbands. I picked among those who have animal ears and tried some on. Jonghyun is just happily watching me. I grabbed his hands and pull him closer to the headband racks.

"Try this, Jjongie.", then I put a rabbit ears on his head. He let me wore it to him but he seemed very uncomfortable with it. He keeps adjusting it, almost removing it to his head. He's smiling at me but I can see he doesn't like it that much. I can't blame him, not all man like it and besides, he's too manly to wear these kind of head accessory.

"It's okay oppa. You could remove it.", I was about to reach the headband on his head but he stoppped me.

"No, I'll wear it. Get yours too.", he said.

"But your uncomfortable with it. It's okay, just take it off."

"I said no. A date in an amusement park wouldn't be complete without couple headdress.", he took another rabbit ears and put in on me.

"Yeppo..", he said as he squeeze my cheeks, non-stop.
After paying, we went out to start to explore. He held my hand as we walk, tightly as if he doesn't have any thoughts of letting it go no matter what happens.

As we walked, we passed to a crowd. Their gathering around something, their clapping and laughing. Out of curiousness, we both went to check what was it and found out that it was a very cute mascot. Since it was too crowded, I just got a glance of the mascot for a second. It was dancing cutely and doing some show. My eyes immediately went soft because of fondness, as expected, extreme weakness on anything cute. We were standing at the back because it's really crowded. 'Why are there a lot of people here? It's just a mascot. Not unless they have the same weakness as mine.'. As I'm trying to at least get another glance of the mascot, I got accidentally pushed by a bunch of teens in the crowd. Jonghyun immediately hugged me and covered me with his body.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

"Yeah. Let's just go somewhere. I can't even see the mascot.", I turned to walk away but Jonghyun pulled me back. We went back to the crowd and when we went close, he hugged me from the back, his arms tightly around me, covering me from the crowd. Then we walked through the crowd, making our way to the front. He would say, 'Sorry'and 'Excuse me' again and again as we walk. We got in front safely. I can now see the very cute and adorable mascot up close. Fondness can really be seen on my eyes.

"I know you'll be very upset if you won't be able to see this.", Jonghyun whispered to me ear. He's still hugging me from the back, tightly.
I just mouthed him 'Thank you' then smiled.

We continue to walk around after the mascot's show then I saw something interesting.
"Let's go there, Jjongie.", I pulled him and ran.

We went to a Horror House. I don't like scary things, but I always find it interesting. That's why every time I have a chance to pull someone into horror houses, I would, of course, I can't do it alone.

"Are you sure you wanted to go in?", Jonghyun asked.

"Yes. I wanted to try korean horror houses, and since I know you're here, I have the guts to go in.", I smiled before we enter.
Few steps in, I feel like backing out. The feel was different from horror houses back home. This was way scarier than I thought. I held Jonghyun's arms and squeezed it, but he removed it. Instead, he hugged me tightly. I can't avoid to scream every time there's someone would follow us or touch me. But am I feeling it right? Jonghyun is shaking? He would gasp occasionally as we walk further.
When we finally came out, he sighed very deep. I looked at him.

"Oppa, are you okay? You don't like horror houses, right?", i asked

He sighed again, "I'm okay. Actually, I'm not good at entering horror houses."

"You should have just told me. It's okay with me."

He fixed himself first and stepped closer. "I wanted you to try everything. And do you think I would be happy knowing that I can't even protect you from those fake ghosts?", he swept my hair to the side.
I smiled at him and squeezed his cheeks as I say 'Thank you'.

We finished exploring the amusement park a bit early. I thought he was gonna bring home then, but he turned his car on a different street.

"Where are we going?", I asked him.

"Meeting someone."

"Who?", I asked again. He just smiled at me and continue to drive.

We stopped at a park. There's almost no one there, except for a woman who's sitting at a bench. When we get off the car, he pulled me and walked closer to the woman.

"Noona! We're here", Jonghyun called to the woman. "Oh, this is Jaei. Jaei, this is my SoDam noona."

"Annyeonghaseyo. Oh, you're the girl Jonghyun and his groupmates are talking about. Nice to meet you.", I smiled, bowed and greeted back. Jonghyun's sister is so nice.

"Did you bring her?", Jonghyun asked to his noona.

"Oh, yes. Here.", it's just then when I noticed that there's a dog on the bench. She picked it up and handed to Jonghyun. After a little talk, she left and left the dog to Jonghyun.

"This is Roo, right? How cute!", I said as I gently touch Roo. Every SHINee fan knows Roo, his dachshund dog. He loves Roo very much.

"Yes this is Roo. I texted noona to bring Roo here so you could meet this cute dog.", he's sqeezing Roo playfully.

"Oh, I though you want me to meet your noona.", I blinked innocently. He just laughed and we sat down on the bech to play with Roo.

"Roo, this pretty unni here is very fond of cute things. You should stay close to me, she might snatch you anytime.", he joked, talking to the dog.

I grabbed Roo from him, "Yes Roo, I might snatch you from your appa, but you like it, right?", Roo seemed to agree with me, she stayed close to me and playfully my hand.

Jonghyun just laughed. He moved and sat closer to me. He extended one of his arm on my shoulders and the other one touching Roo. He went quiet for a while.

Then he spoke, "Jaei, w-what if....", he stuttered

I looked at him, waiting for his next words. "What if?"

"W-what if...uhm, b-by any c-chance...?", he still can't finish his sentence. I looked at him, still waiting for his next words. He sighed, "Oh, just forget it. Maybe next time, the right time."

I tilted my head to the side, confused on what he is talking about. But instead of explaining, he hugged me lightly from the side and rested his chin on my shoulder.
"You'll know it soon, just promise to wait, okay?" he whispered, vert gently and softly. I can feel his serious on his words.

"O-okay...", I answered him even though I don't know what is he talking on should I wait for.

We stayed on that position until Roo barked and hyperly jump from me to Jonghyun.
"She still wants his appa.", Jonghyun said and we continued to play with Roo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Damn, I miss you. :<

I miss this man :<

Chapter 9! Yeyyy! By now you know her last date right?

This chapter is for Jonghyun. Since he had his accident, and it'll be his birthday next week.
Thanks for reading. <3

Please READ, COMMENT AND SUBCRIBE!, and VOTE if possible. <3