Chptr 4: Skinship Issues

SHINee Girl

 

With narrowed eyes while biting my lower lip, I carefully poured the milk to the bowl. I am so much absorbed on what I am doing right now. I am mixing my ingredients for the cake that I was planning to bake. These past days, the boys aren't able to be around. They are attending their schedules, all over Korea and overseas, so I guess they were very busy.
They're gone for more than a week now and I'm feeling extremely bored. Unni is also busy with her works and can't entertain me either.  I have already gone out alone many times and I have run out of places to go to. Fortunately, while digging on some stuffs on KyeongEun unni's house trying to find something that could ease my boredom, I found a recipe book for pastries and sweets. I found it interesting and give baking a try. Since I became so absorbed into baking, I finally killed my boredom and enjoyed. So far, I already made cookies and according to my judge, Unni, it was a success. Now I'm trying to bake a cake and hoping that it will be a success too.

"Jaei, have you seen my car keys? I'm really late for work now." Unni said peeking from the kitchen entrance, behind me.

"I saw it beside the telephone earlier. Just please take a look." I answered without looking, I'm really concentrated mixing my ingredients.

"It's here! Komawo! Now, I have to leave. I'll just lock the door since you're alone here."

"Ok, Unni. Take care." I glanced at her, waved my hands and get back to mixing again.

Unni rushed to the door. She's really in a hurry. After a few seconds, I heard the door shut close which means Unni is already gone. I'm all alone again, with these recipe book, and my cake.

I did my last mix for the cake mixture and gently poured it in a baking pan.  After the ingredients had settled, I picked up the baking pan and walked to the other side of the kitchen to put in inside the oven. I placed the pan in and watched my cake baking inside for a little while. Then I remembered that I'm still going to make the icing for my cake. I turned around to walk back to the working table. I almost jumped and screamed on shock of seeing someone standing beside the table and flipping over the pages of the recipe book. When the guy finally saw me already looking at him, he smiled.

 Minho oppa... It took me seconds to recover from the shock then I managed to smile back at him. I felt a weird desire of running and throwing myself to him. I haven't seen this guy for few days and I know, I really missed him.

I walked towards Minho and stopped in front of him.
"Minho!" I smiled at him sweetly. I missed calling his name.

"Yah! I thought it was 'oppa'?" He stretched his arms and his about to hug me but he stopped for a second and just ended up stretching his arms across my shoulders.

I felt a little disappointment that he didn't hug me but what can I do I can't complain. Maybe it's uncomfortable for him to hug someone. At least his here.
But I remembered something. How did he get inside?

"Hey wait. How did you get in? I'm sure KyeongEun unni didn't forget to lock the door."

He put his hands down from resting on my shoulder first before he answered.
"KyeongEun noona let me in. She's about to leave when I came so she just told me to get in." he smirked.

 Unni had already met all of them when they visited me at home. They became friends too. Unni is older than all of them, maybe two years or less older than Onew. Unni really likes them and and she's on their side when the boys are planning something on me, just like this one. 

"I don't know you do baking. Is it a cake?" Minho asked. He grabbed a chair and sat at the other side of the table. I started preparing the ingredients for the icing and he's just in front of me, watching.

I nodded.
"Actually, this is just my second try on baking. The first was just a few days ago. I'm feeling extremely bored and found this new friend of mine." I pointed at the recipe book placed on top of the table.

"Oh, mianhae. Sorry for not being around. Our yeoja must be really bored." Minho leaned towards me and pouted cutely.

"It's okay I know you're busy. Oh wait. Aren't you supposed to be resting?"

"We already rested. Actually we came home yesterday and just slept all day so we could spend the next days with you." He smiled sweetly.

I blushed on what he had said so I just looked down to the bowl where I am mixing my icing. After their busy schedule, they still want to spend their remaining rest days with me. Too overwhelming... 

"Then, where are the others?" I remembered to ask.

"At home. They were planning to call you earlier and invite you to go to the dorm but I volunteered to just pick you up."

I lift my head and looked at Minho.
"So you're going to wait for me? But I just started and it will take long for me to finish this cake. You can go ahead and I'll just follow."

Minho raised one of his eyebrows. He crossed his arms over his chest, leaned backward and comfortably rested his back on the back rest of the chair.
"I came all the way here and you're just going to send me home? Of course I'll wait."
I just smiled. Well, seeing him sit comfortably like that, it looks like he's determined to wait even how long it would take.

I already finished making the icing for the cake when we heard the oven dinged. The cake is done baking. I was about to grab my kitchen mittens but Minho took it first. He walked ahead towards the oven and took out the cake from it. I just watched him as he gently put down the cake on the table. He cutely wrinkled his nose while smiling. 
"It's hot. Careful."

I nodded to him. This is what I like the best to him, and to the other members. They always make sure that I won't be doing heavy works whenever they are around. They all portray an image of a perfect gentleman that every girl is dreaming of.

"Oppa, since you already started, why don't you just continue helping me decorate this. OK?", I gave him my best eye smile so he won't even think to refuse, even though I know he really won't do.

He chuckled and lightly pinch my nose. "You know you don't have to do that. Let's start!", he grabbed some baking tools and we both started working.

------------------------

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" 

I glanced at Minho and looked outside the car window. We're on our way to the dorm. We already finished decorating the cake and it's almost lunch. Minho told me that the boys wanted all of us to eat lunch at the dorm so I decided to bring the cake for them.

I tried looked at the street we're passing right now to figure out what Minho is talking about, but all I can see I was row of stalls, selling mostly foods.

"So, what exactly should I look at?", I turned to him and asked.

Instead of answering, he turned the car to the side and parked on a free space near the stalls. He stepped out of the car and opened the door on my side. We walked together passing some food stalls and finally we stopped in front of a stall. There were something skewed on the sticks and smells good.

"Have you tried Korean street foods?" Minho asked. He's wearing his lame disguise again.

"Unni have me tried some but I have never tried this one. What's this?"

He grabbed to sticks and handed me one. "Ugly hotdog. Hotdog covered with potato and fried. Try it.". he already made a big bite on his food. 
It looks tasty and smells really good so I ate a bite too. After swallowing my first bite, I smiled childishly at Minho, non-verbally telling him that's I like it. Before we finished our first stick Minho bought more, for us and also to bring home for the boys waiting at the dorm. We decided to sit on a bench first to finish our food before we head to the dorm again.

"I love this hotdog. Before, we always buy this and I can really finish more than two sticks.", he said while starting to eat his second hotdog. He eats it deliciously like a child. Just by looking at him, I can say that he really likes it.
He didn't even noticed that he left a ketchup at the corner of his lips. I laughed and raised my hands to wipe it away. He was obviously shocked on what I did. He didn't even say a thing and  he's just looking straightly at me. Few seconds had passed and he's still not moving but I noticed the change on his expression. His face became to look stiff and serious. I can also see that his jaws are tightening, as if he was having a hard time controlling something. 

"Hey, are you okay?", I asked him out of worriedness. Why did he suddenly became this serious?

Finally he moved, he finished his food in just one big bite and stood up.
"We have to go". he walked away quickly, not even bothering to wait for me or to look back.

'Is he mad because I wiped the ketchup?'', I have no choice but to finish my food as quickly as I can and follow him on the car. Until we get inside the car, he's still looks serious. He started the car quietly and start driving again.

'How could he change his mood that fast? Is he really mad?' Did I do something wrong? This is the first time I have seen him this serious and this quiet so I'm really worried. Of course I don't want him to be mad at me.
Where halfway on our way to the dorm and I was about to ask him about that when he suddenly talked. His happy mood is back now and he's talking to me as if nothing happened. I just decided not to ask him why is he mad a while ago, not wanting to break his mood again. 

We reached the dorm almost past lunch time. The dorm was quiet as we enter and walked to the living room. Taemin was the only one there, watching TV and boredly switching from channel to channel. 

"Oppa~", I called. He attentively looked at me and a wide smile registered on his face.

"You're already here!", Taemin rushed near me and before I can even talk, the other guys came out from different doors and rushed near me. 

"Jaei~!", Onew and Jonghyun called me in chorus. I smiled at them.

Key was approaching me with both of his hands on his waist. "We've been waiting for you. What took you so long?"

"Don't tell us you already ate lunch before going here. Yah, Minho! I told you we're going to eat here.", Jonghyun turned to Minho.

"Who told you we already ate lunch? We went straight here from her house."

"Hey stop. We still haven't ate lunch either. Actually we brought food and I finished baking this cake for you, guys. That's why came late.", I pointed at the box of cake Minho was holding.

"You made a cake?" Taemin exclaimed.  Do they really have to be surprised? Is it unbelievable that I made a cake?
They all gathered around the box Minho was holding. Onew lifted the lid revealing a white cake, with colorful icings all over. Their facial expression are all the same, amazed.

"Looks delicious, let's try this now.", Jonghyun was about to take the cake out of the box, well supported by Taemin who seemed to really like the idea of eating the cake right away but Key stopped them.

"Hold it! We should it lunch first. Although that cake looks tempting, let's eat it later.", Key said.

"Let's go! I'm starving.", Onew led the way to the kitchen while Key held my arm and pulled me to the kitchen. The others just followed.

They started preparing for lunch. Each one of them is doing something, Minho put the cake on the table and bring out the ugly hotdogs we bought. Taemin and Key prepared the rice and the dishes they ordered earlier and Jonghyun prepared the plates. While on the other hand, Onew is just walking around, trying to find what else to do. But in the end, he just led me to the table and we both sat. This is why I feel really special when this guys are around. Even setting the table, they won't let me do it as much as possible.

As we are eating, they are telling me different stories from their schedule overseas. How the fans welcomed them, how much they felt the love of the fans, some places they visited and more. They never ran out of stories.

After lunch, we all gathered in the living room to continue our talk and to give verdict to my cake.
After having their first bite, their faces glowed as a sign of approval.

"I guess from now on, we're going to receive a special cake for every occasion." Jonghyun said, leaning his head on the side of my head since his sitting beside me on the couch. I just let his head rest over mine. This is just one of his sweet gestures and I'm kinda used to it.

"This is really good. I don't know that you bake.", Taemin said.

"Actually I don't know either. I just tried it a few days ago. So far, this is the result."

"She tried to bake because she was really bored while we're away. We left her so I guess we should have something for her." Minho said while looking to Key, both of them smiled.

"Kibum, I think you should get it now." Onew politely commanded Key.
I just looked at them, totally clueless on what they are talking about. Key went to their room and went back holding something big and puffy on his hands. It was wrapped in a colored plastic wrap so I can't see what was it. He sat on the floor in front of the couch I was sitting and the others also sat there. Onew motioned his hands, telling me to come down.
I complied and sat down on the floor, in front of them.

"This is the first time we came overseas since we met you so we decided to buy something for you." Key said while handing me the big gift. 
I removed the cover and it revealed a big, fluffy, purple pillow. My face lit up in gladness, they have remembered my favorite color.

I tooked each of their hands and held it all while gladly saying 'Thank you'. Jonghyun slid down the couch and sat beside me.
He put his arms over my shoulders. "How about my thank you?" he pouted cutely.
I briefly rested my head over his shoulder and said thank you.  He didn't let go of my shoulder as he sat beside me.

"Aish. Here we go our Skinship King again.", Key said. I looked up to Key and saw his irritated look to Jonghyun. Instead he pulled me closer.

Jonghyun just laughed at Key. I have already heard before about Jonghyun being the skinship king and I have proven it right. Ever since our first meeting, he has these sweet gestures that comes out naturally. I have noticed that among all of them, it is Jonghyun who touches me the most and the always the nearest to me. Although the others are also doing skinship, but not as much as Jjongie. But seriously, I don't mind that. Except from the fact that his really confident and comfortable doing it, I also has this certain liking for skinship, even before.  So I'm not bothered having him, or the other members near.

"Yah Kim Jonghyun. You're bothering her too much." Minho told Jonghyun. He loosened his grip to my shoulder, considering what Minho had said.

"Uhm guys, I have something to tell to you." I declared which made them stop and have their ears on me. I continued, "I really don't mind having any of you near me. In fact, back at home, my friends used to call me Cuddle Monster."

"Cuddle Monster?" Taemin repeated curiously.

"Yes. It's because I have this funny addiction to cuddling someone or being cuddled. I always do it to my friends up to the point that they would almost be irritated because I'll just hug them for no reason at all."

"Try doing it to me, I will never be irritated." Jonghyun giggled.

"Ugh, Seriously, we're all considering that you might not like skinship that much so we're not doing it much. We don't want you to be bothered and uncomfortable." Onew said.

"But Kim Jonghyun doesn't seem to care." Key added, giving Jonghyun a sharp look again.

"But why are you doing it with just Jonghyun hyung?" Taemin asked in a sulking voice.

"Oh, please don't misunderstood it. I was considering the same thing as you. I was thinking that you might not like it that much. Jonghyun was the one who does it the most so I know there were no problems with him."

"So in that case...." Key crawled between jonghyun and me, and pushed Jonghyun aside for him to replace his spot. Then, their little child fight began but later on, end up laughing....

It's already dark outside when KyoungEun unni called and told me he was already home so I also decided to go home already. Minho volunteered to drive me home and the others wants to go as well, but Minho strongly insisted for them to stay.
When we arrived in front of the house, Minho walked with me up to the front door. I turned back to him before entering.

"Thank you for bringing me home"

"I took you away from here so I should bring you back, Of course."

"Do you want to go in first before you go home?" I offered him.
He's just staring at me instead of answering. Although it was already dark outside, the light from the house gave enough light for me to see that the corner of Minho's lip twitched up and his eyes sparkled for a moment. He made a step closer and trapped me in his arms. 

'He's hugging me!' It was just a light hug but I don't know why I cannot move. Maybe because I am afraid that everything would be ruined in just a single move.

"I should have done this earlier." he said softly. "If only I know...."  silence came after.

He continued. "Earlier, when you wiped the mess on my lips..."

"Why did you walked away? I thought you were mad." I asked.

"I wasn't mad. The same reason on what Onew hyung said. It's too hard to control myself at that time, so I just walked away." he explained in a very soft voice.

He's really considering that he might make me feel uneasy. I remembered a certain scene earlier this morning.
"So is that the reason why you ended up just holding my shoulders instead of hugging me when we met just this morning?"

"You even noticed that?"

"Of course. It's too obvious Mr. Choi.", I laughed gently. I knew it! 
Minho chuckled and made his hug tighter. This is the first time he hugged me. All he did was just hold my shoulders, my arms, my head but no hugs. It's good that we have cleared things now. I would be closer to them from now on. Literally closer...
Then suddenly I remembered a very important thing.

"Uhm oppa, we seemed to be forgetting we're outside and exposed.", I whispered to him while pushing him away gently. I wasn't hugging to just anybody, it was Choi Minho and I understant that he has some image to protect.

He finally let me go. "Ok. Goodnight now. I'll go now."

"Goodnight".
I thought he was going to walk away but for the last time, he stepped closer quickly and hugged me.
"Expect more." he whispered and immediately turned away. He already and I was still standing outside. He did it too fast that I can't even decide what should be my initial reaction. Naturally, I can feel my blood rushing up, bringing heat to my cheeks. 

I opened the door and entered. 'Jaei, remember to always be fair...
 
i continued to walk in . '....I should be fair'


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, this is chapter 4. Luckily I have free time to update. PLEASE WAIT FOR CHAPTER 5