Chptr 24: Healthy Competition Turned Out Wrong

SHINee Girl

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

"Hyung, you're quiet. Are you sick too?", Taemin asked me.

I just shook my head and looked out to the car window.

I don't feel well, emotionally. Earlier, when I came back to Jaei's house together with the other members, I saw Minho massaging Jaei's hand. I know we're having our competition, but I still can't avoid myself feeling some kind of anger whenever I see him close to Jaei.

And another thing, the fact that Minho is becoming more clingy to Jaei. All those skinships, he wasn't like that before. Before, I was the one who's always doing those things to Jaei but Minho is taking over my title as a skinship king and I don't like it.

When I saw him holding Jaei's hands earlier, Jaei seemed to be comfortable with it. No traces of awkwardness since she was smiling and happily talking to him.

'Is she also like that  towards me?', I recalled some some situations and realized that she was more awkward with me than with Minho.

I glanced at Minho. 'Maybe we should do things to find out Jaei's answer soon...'

--End of Jonghyun's POV--

 

"Oppa, are you planning to kidnap me away from the other oppas today?", you asked Key who was driving.

Earlier this morning, he picked you up at your house which is so unusual.

He chuckled and looked at you briefly. "Kidnap? Why?"

"Because usually, if not all of you will come at our house, it was always just Minho or Jonghyun who would pick me up to bring me to your dorm. But today, you did it."

He chuckled again. "I'm planning to kidnap you, but not for today. Minho is preparing something for you so he told us that we should pick you up later. Jonghyun has something for you as well. But I sneaked out from them to pick you up now. I'll just ruin their little plans for you.", he winked and smiled wickedly.

"Uhm, they might not like it. Are you sure it's okay?", you asked worriedly.

"Don't worry. Believe me, it's not that big."

---

"SURPRISE GUYS!", Key yelled as soon as you came in to their dorm.

"Wahh! Jaei good morning.", as usual, Onew greeted you cheerfully and gave you a hug.

Taemin came out from the kitchen. "Oh Jaei you're supposed to--".

"Yah! KIBUM-AH! Why did you pick her up?!", Minho cut off Taemin when he rushed out from the kitchen.

"I'm kinda bored today. I missed Jaei.", Key wrapped his arms on your shoulder and laughed at Minho's pissed expression. "Oh Jonghyun hasn't arrived yet?", he asked then smirked.

"Minho oppa, what are you preparing?", you asked him.

"Aishh. Kibum, you even told her?!?", he glared at Key. But Key just shrugged.

"Well since Key ruined it, I'll just show it to you.", Minho grabbed you from Key and pulled you to the kitchen.

When you came in to the kitchen, you saw flour, eggs, milk and other baking ingredient messily scattered all over the table.

"Woah! You're baking? For me?", you asked the you excitedly checked the ingredients.

"Yeah. I saw something on the internet and gave it a try.",

"But I think he's not doing it right.", Taemin just popped in to the kitchen. Minho glared at him.

"Based on your ingredients, you're making cookies, right? I'll help you", you said.

"No, you won't. Just watch me. I can do this. Your role is to be the taste judge later when I'm done.", he said and started mixing his ingredients again.

You just stayed beside him as he told you to do. Though you really wanted to help because you know he's having a hard time doing it, he insisted you to just watch him.

After a while, you heard someone came in.

"Guys, do you know where Jaei is? She's not in th--", Jonghyun was cut off when he saw you walk out of the kitchen.

You smiled and wave at him. But Jonghyun glared to Minho who was standing behind you.

'Oh no. There's that glare again.', you thought.

"U-uhm.. It was Key oppa who picked me up at our house.", you defended Minho to prevent misunderstanding.

Actually, you're feeling something firing up again between them since yesterday that he saw Minho massaging your hands. Those glares are back again but it was Jonghyun who does it more.

Jonghyun turned to Key but he walked away like he didn't do anything.

Jonghyun just sighed. "I went to your house to pick you up but you weren't there. I brought this cute thing." he said and that's when you noticed that he's holding Roo.

You looked at Minho,asking for permission if you could leave him for a while since you wanted to play with Roo. He just smiled and nodded.

"Aww. Annyeong Roo. You're here again.", you took Roo from Jonghyun then sat on the sofa. Jonghyun followed and sat beside you.

"Key oppa, is this what you're talking about?", you asked Key who was sitting on the other sofa.

"Kibum, seriously, you ruining everything today.", Jonghyun frowned at Key but he just laughed and ignored Jonghyun.

When Jonghyun turned to you, his expression immediately changed from frowning to widely smiling.

"I came to your house to pick you up but you're not there anymore.", he said sweetly while brushing away some hair covering your face. 

"Sorry I didn't know anything.", you smiled at him and continue playing with Roo.

"Looks like Jonghyun is using Roo to catch Jaei's attention.", Onew said while sitting with Key, watching TV.

Key was about to say something but stopped when he received another glare from Jonghyun.

Then Minho popped out on the kitchen entrance.

"Jaei, could you please come here for a while. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right,", he called you.

You looked at Jonghyun first. He just nodded coldly then you went to Minho.
After a while you came back to Jonghyun.

"Minho oppa is baking cookies.", you told him.

"I know.", he replied coldly. You don't have any idea that Jonghyun is starting to get seriously pissed.

You felt nervous. You know their issue is back again.
'I thought they already fixed it. I don't have good feeling about this...', you looked at Jonghyun who's playing with Roo.

Then suddenly Minho came to you.
"Jaei, I think it's done. You should check it.", He grabbed your hand and was about to pull you up when you heard Jonghyun sighed harshly.

"Seriously, Minho, don't you see we're doing something here?", he told Minho. His tone was calm but with irritation in it.

"I'm just going to make her check the cookies because it's for her.", Minho replied, trying to be calm.

"Can't it wait? You keep on taking her away since I arrived.", Jonghyun voice raised. He stood up and faced Minho.

Minhon laughed bitterly. "Hyung. What are you up to? I'm not doing anything wrong."

You keep on looking to Minho then to Jonghyun. They're now raising their voice to each other. You're feeling really nervous right now and you don't know what to do to stop them.

"What am I up too? What do you think?", Jonghyun said.

"What do I think? I think you're selfish. I'm not even doing a thing here."

"Not doing anything? Just for you to know, you keep on bothering us and it's freaking annoying.", he pushed Minho.

"Oppa, stop.", you came between then and hold their arms. But Minho, offended being pushed by Jonghyun, pushed him back and you can't stop it.

"Minho, Jonghyun stop!", Key yelled but they ignored it. 

Onew and Taemin where just watching, they're shocked at what's happening.
 
"What's your problem Jonghyun?!?", Minho yelled. Now he's not using honorifics to Jonghyun.

"The two of you, could you please stop?!", you also yelled which caused for the two of them to quiet.

You glared at both of them. "You two. You better fix yourselves. I've had enough.", then you turned and started marching to the door.

The two were left behind. You already got out of the door when they started to get calm and think clearly they quickly followed you.

 "Jaei wait!", Minho ran behind you and grabbed your wrist to stop you.

You turned around and shook off his hands. "Talk to me when you're already done with your fight.", your about to turned around again but Jonghyun stopped you.

"Wait. Okay, Sorry we didn't mean it. It's just...", Jonghyun trailed off.

"Just what? Seriously, I didn't expect this kinds of act from you.", you said.

They just bowed their heads. You're mad at them and at this time, you can't talk to them or else things won't end up well.

"I expected you to act mature towards this matter but I think I expected too much.", you sighed, "I think it's better if we'll let things cool up first. I'll talk to you when everything is alright. You told me you're not going to pressure me."

"But we really don't want to pressure you, that's not our intention, "Jonghyun said.

"But it turned out that way. Maybe it's time to fix things. Give me time to think.", you turned but Minho stopped you again.

"But--", Minho started but you cut him off.

"Please. Stay away from me for a while. I said I need to think and I believe you need it too.", you said and walked away.

--Your POV--

After that incident, I went straightly to home and locked myself in my room. I was totally shocked from what happened. They fought in front of me and that's the least I wanted to happen.

I'm mad at them but I'm feel more mad to myself. It's all my fault, if I can just give them the answers they want, they don't need to wait or compete with each other.

Tears started running down my cheeks. I feel really pressured right now and I don't know what to do. The fact that there are people fighting because of you is the hardest thing to accept.

Then my phone suddenly rang.

"Jaei. Sorry.", Jonghyun said as soon as you answered the phone.

"Jonghyun, I said let me think first."

"I just wanted to apologize. I really didn't mean to be harsh earlier."

"Jonghyun, I know. I just really wanted to think so I could give you my answer soon. We can't stay like this forever."

"It's okay. We're not rushi--"

"I'll think about it. I'll hung up now.", you sighed and hung up.

It's true. We can't stay like this forever. Sooner or later, I'll need to give them an answer so might as well just give it now to avoid any complications.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still can't get over the MV Teaser for 'Why So Serious?'. KYYYAAAH!

SO SAD, JONGHYUN IS NOT THERE :<

 Do you think there's a chance for him to appear in the MV?

ANNYEONG!

Thanks for reading again.

BTW, sorry if the 1st chapter for  My SLY Fox  is taking too long. Promise I'll make it as soon as I can.

Read, Comment, Subscribe, Vote ♥