Chptr 18: Proving

SHINee Girl

 

'Taeminnie ^-^ I'll go at the dorm now'   -Jaei

'Sure :) COME HERE!!!'    -Taemin

After I received a reply from Taemin, I quickly head out to go to their dorm. I guess they all have returned to the dorm since it's already 2 days after they went to their own houses.

I remembered Jonghyun. He said something to me the last time we talked. He told me he likes me but I doubt that he's serious about that. He's was playful and even tricked me a few times that day, then he would suddenly tell me something like that with a wide smile on his face. I bet he's just on his 'Teasing mode' again. And besides, the following days after that, he didn't metioned it again to me.

I finally arrived at their dorm. I turned the door knob and opened the door since it's unlocked.

'Uhmm... Did I entered the wrong dorm? It's too quiet.', I thought. There were no boys talking loudly and no one yelled 'YOU'RE HERE!' when I came in.

I headed to the living room and saw Taemin sitting on the sofa, watching TV. I sneaked behind him.

"Oppa!", I yelled as I shook his shoulders from behind.

Taemin got startled and jumped off to the sofa.
"Yah! Why didn't you just hug me instead of scaring me.", he pouted.

"Sorry.", I made a peace sign and smiled. "Why is it quiet? Where's the others?"

"Key and Onew hyung haven't come back from their houses yet. Minho hyung has an individual schedule, and Jonghyun hyung.... still sleeping.", he said as he point to Jonghyun's room.

"Still sleeping? But it's already 10 o'clock." I asked and Taemin just shrugged.

"Waky waky Jonghyunie~", i sang as I walk to his door.
I smirked. 'Well... It's payback time...'

I slowly opened the door of his room and peeked my head in a bit. Minho's bed is empty, and on the other bed... there's Jonghyun, sleeping deeply and looks like he has no plans of getting up.

I went beside his bed . "Hey oppa! Wake up now!", I shook him gently at first but seeing no response from him, I shook him really hard. Still no response.

"Jonghyunnie oppa! It's almost lunch and you still have no plans of getting up?", I removed his comforter, he just rolled but didn't opened his eyes.

I sat beside him and continue to shake him. "Hey oppa. Get up."

I gasped when he suddenly grabbed my hand. "What are you doing here early in the morning?", he said still holding my hand but still with closed eyes.

"Waking you up? But just for you to know, it's not EARLY already."

He pulled me down causing for my half body to fell on top of him then he hugged me.

"After all I told you last time, don't you think that it's not good for both of us if you would just enter my room like this?", he said

My eyes widened and awkwardly pushed him so I could sit properly. "O-oppa, d-do we have to start with your jokes again?'

He sat down and faced me. "Do you really think I'm just joking?", he said seriously.

"A-aren't you?", I stuttered.

He sighed. "I'm serious. More serious than you could ever imagine, and you better believe me.", he said while straightly looking on my eyes.

"S-seriously?.. Uhmm.. I-I mean... .", I can't think clearly neither can talk clearly. I don't know  if i should really believe what I heard.

He chuckled. "I'm going to prove it to you... But for now..", he stood up and grabbed my hand. He lead me to the door. "Wait for me outside. I'll just fix myself.", then he opened the door.

I went out and watched TV with Taemin. After a few minutes, Jonghyun came out, already neatly dressed. He went straightly to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"H-Hey. W-where are we going?", I asked while being dragged by Jonghyun.

He just glanced at me and turned to Taemin. "Taemin-ah, we'll just go out for a while. You want anything?"

Taemin stood up excitedly. "Out? I'll come too."

"STAY.", Jonghyun said briefly but authoritatively.

Taemin just sat down, frightened to Jonghyun's command. "Just buy me some food."

"Okay.", he said he continued to pull me with him to the door.

"Where are we really going?", I asked when we finally got out of the dorm.

"We'll talk. A serious talk.", he explained briefly.

He suddenly stopped before we got out of the building, then he turned to me.

"Do you know any private place where we could talk, except your house.", he asked

"Noraebang?(karaoke room)", I answered immediately. It just came out of my mouth.

He nodded and we headed to his car.

Jonghyun and I entered the the room he rented. We just sat at the couches awkwardly. We're both quiet, waiting for the right time to start.

"I-I thought w-we're going to ta--"

"It was all true.", he cut my sentence. He turned and looked at me. "Everything I said last time, it was all true. I mean it."

I blinked innocently. Now can feel his sincerity. "B-but..you only said it once..Y-you never repeated it or said something about it these past two days."

"It's because I was busy with my schedule. I can't even see you because I'm really busy these past days, how can we talk about it?"

I just stared at him. I seriously don't know how would I react.

"Remember that thing that I told you to wait for? This is it. I want you to wait for the right time that I would be able to say this. I'll repeat it...", he held my hands. "I like you. This is not a joke, I'm telling you, and you better believe me".

I tried to absorb his words and find the right words to answer him.

"Since when?", but that's just all that came out from my mouth.

"I don't exactly know. The first time we met I thought you are really nice and that we'll be good friends. But suddenly, I just felt something like I want more than that. It's been a long time since the first time I realized it, I waited because I was considering our friendship."

"I-I don't know what to do, s-seriously, What should I do?", i asked.

"For now, you don't have to do anything. I'm not rushing you. I just wanted you to be aware this so I would be able to express everything freely."

I remained silent. I'm having a hard time thinking over the words he said. I didn't expect it. How can I have no idea about this for a long time. I thought everything was just friendly gestures and nothing more than that. 'Oh, Friends....', something crossed my mind.

"Uhm... Jongh--I mean oppa. C-can you do a favor. I-It's for both of us.", I asked while lowering my head.

"What is it?", he asked.

"C-can we keep this matter for now. Let's not tell the others yet just until I can decide clearly.  You know, it would be a little awkward between all of us.. and I don't want them to think negatively about this and--"

"I'm sure they won't think negatively about this. But it's okay, we'll keep it for now. Don't worry. But don't expect me to stay away from you.", he smiled.

I just nodded and bowed my head. I observed myself. I tried to find out what am I feeling right now but unfortunately, I can't identify the feelings I am experiencing right now. It's all mixed up and I can't even point out if I'm happy, unaffected, worried or something.

"This is not a Noraebang for nothing.", he stood up and went to the karaoke machine, entered some numbers and grabbed the mic.

He walked back to me with his mic and sat on the mini table, exactly in front of me.

The song he entered started to play, I looked at the screen to see what's the song. It was 'A friends Confession' by 2AM. I looked at him and he smiled.

He started singing. His voice is to overwhelming, to good that for a while, he became that center of everything. While he's singing, he's looking deeply and straightly to my eyes which took away my concentration to the song.

He's already singing the chorus when I gained back my concentration...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZkyT0DnCSk (listen to it. Promise, it'll make this scene better)

Baby, come to me now
And be my lady
I've watched you for too long
I stood there with no words,
hiding my pitiful heart.

As a friend, to remain as friends,
I had to push the confessions down my throat
But now I'll confess to you,
I love you...

You hold my hand and tell me you only have me
Keeping me as a friend,
you say it's a blessing
Whenever you say let's never change,
I had to push my feelings down

It might be best if I protect you,
not knowing if it will be better

I kept hearing it but I kept cool
I was too scared to lose you, but...

Baby (Baby) Come to me now (Come to me)
And be my lady (lady)
I've watched you for too long
I stood there with no words,
hiding my pitiful heart (No)

He ended his song but still holding my hands. He remained silent for a while.

"I'll prove myself to you.", he said softly

"Y-you don't have to. You have proved me a lot of things already."

"No, not yet. I'll prove myself to you until the time that you could accept me without any regrets.", he said and smiled.

 

After an hour, we returned to their dorm. Actually, we already came to the building earlier but we went out again because we forgot Taemin's food. We promised to bring food for him so I told Jonghyun that we should buy it first.

We walked to the dorm door, Jonghyun holding my hand. When we entered, Minho is already there. Worried that he might see Jonghyun holding my hand, I tried to simply take it off but he held it tightly.

Minho saw us. "Jaei, you just came?", he asked.

"Uhm n-no. I was already here earlier. We just went out to buy foods."

He nodded and he saw our hands. I felt a little nervousness when I noticed the change on his expression. He's slightly frowning but I don't know of he really is.

"I'll just take a shower. I just came home from my schedule." he smiled at me. Then he and Jonghyun looked at each other before Minho went to his room.

"Taeminnie oppa, you're food.", I handed the plastic bag to Taemin.

"Thanks. Wait i'll just fix this on the kitchen,", he left and went to the kitchen.

"If you don't want them to suspect, just act normally.", he said when Taemin is already away.

I just looked at him and tilted my head.

He chuckled. "Before, I always used to holding your hands. So it's just normal, don't worry much."

I just nodded at him. "Uhmm. oppa. Since you already started telling me things, can you already tell me the misunderstandings you and Minho have?", i asked hesitantly.

His smile slightly faded. "I think I don't have the right to tell it to you all by myself. You need him to tell it to you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong! ^-^

Hehe, this chapter has a 'WAKE UP CALL' scene again :) I'm kinda addicted to that scene so sorry if I have put a lot to the story *-*

THANKS FOR READING.

Read, Comment, Subscribe, Vote ♥