Chptr 17: Never Start with a Joke

SHINee Girl

 

"Yah! Jaei! What's taking you so long? Where are you now?", Key said

"It's only 30 minutes that passed and it's already 'so long' for you?", I said while I'm walking very fast, almost running, heading to their dorm.

"You better hurry. We're dying to see you!"

"I'm hurrying, okay? Just wait there.", I finally got into the elevator.

"Hurry Yeoja!", I heard voices from the background.

I smiled and ended the call. Shinee oppas came back here in Seoul last night and early in the morning today, they called me and told me to go to their dorm.

I also can't wait to see them so I rushed out and headed to their dorm immediately. They're gone for more than two weeks and I missed them so much.

When I finally got to the right floor and I almost ran just to reached their door right away.

"OPPAS! I'm here!", I excitedly yelled when I opened the door.

"Finally!", Key got up from the sofa and came to me.

The others popped out from different doors and also rushed to me.

"We missed you!", they said in chorus and they all squeezed me in a very tight group hug.

"Hey wait! My box! It's going to be squeezed.", I tried to push them away so I could protect the box of chocolate brownies I made for them. They all stepped away.

"What's this?", Taemin grabbed the box from me and quickly opened it.

"I made it for you. That's the product of my boredom."

"Let's taste it!", Onew excitedly pulled Taemin and Minho to the sofa so they could start eating the brownies.

Key...Minho...Taemin...Onew...

"Guys, where's Jonghyun oppa?", I asked when I noticed that he's not around since I came.

"He came home to their house last night. He visited his family and chose to rest there as well.", Key said while joining the other members on eating.

'Oh? Maybe he went home to get Roo. He promised me that he will take Roo to me when they came  home.', i thought.

"How about you? Aren't you planning to go and stay with your family?"

"We're all going home later. We just wanted to see you for now.", Minho explained, his mouth is stuffed with chocolate brownies.

"So how's the taste?", I sat down with them on the sofa.

"It's almost finished.", Onew said while pointing to the half empty box.

"Oh! I almost forgot.", Minho stood up and rushed to his room

"Me too!", then all the members left

I waited for them and when they came out of their room, they have gifts on hand. Minho is the first who sat beside me and he handed me a box.

"What this?", i asked.

"Open so you'll know.", he smiled and pinch my cheek lightly.

When I opened it, it was a very pretty watch.

"Oh. Oppa, it's pretty.", I said and gave him a hug.

"Hey how about mine. Here.", Onew handed me his gift. The others can't wait to give their gifts too so before I could open Onew, they already handed it to me.

Onew's gift is a cute bear pillow pillow. Taemin's gift is a dog stuff toy and Key's gift is a Panda ear hoodie jacket.

 

I spent a few hours with them before I decided to go home. They said that they're going to drive me home but I insisted them to just stay there and prepare since they are going to their own houses.

Instead of going straight to our house, I wandered around to find ddukboki. It's kinda cold these days so eating some ddukboki will make me feel better.

When I got home and I'm walking towards the door, I heard a small bark. I'm not sure if it's a real bark so I just continued walking.

Before I could open the door, I heard another bark, this time it's continuous and get louder and louder. When I turned around, I saw Roo, happily running towards me. Followed by her owner.

I bent down to pick up Roo.

"Oh annyeong Roo. Did you miss me? huh? huh?", I playfully squeezed her.

"Yah! What's this? You greeted Roo first before me?", he said when he stopped on front of me.

Before I could greet him (as he requested), he pulled me closer and gave me a tight hug.

"How are you? Miss me?", he whispered.

I just giggled and gently pushed him away because he might squeeze Roo and the ddukboki. We both went inside because it's really cold outside.

"I thought you were at your house.", I said while I'm transferring the ddukboki to a large bowl.

"Yeah, I've been there. But I promised to bring Roo to you, right?", he's inspecting at the paper bag with the gifts I got earlier.

"I've been at the dorm earlier. They called so we can meet before they go home to their families."

I sat down on the sofa beside him and started eating the ddukboki and also feeding Jonghyun again.

"They gave this to you?", he said, pointing at the gifts. He opened his mouth wide once again, telling me to feed him more.

I nodded and brought the spoonful of ddukboki into his mouth.

"I have something for you too.", he took out a box from the pocket of his jacket and handed it to me.

"Oh? A watch too!", I said when I opened the box which revealed Jonghyun's gift.

Jonghyun frowned, "Who gave you the other watch?"

I hesitated to answer at first because I know he and Minho aren't still in good terms.
"Uhm... Minho gave me a watch too."

He didn't respond. Instead, he faced me and opened his mouth widely again. "AHH..."

'They're not good yet...'
I sighed and shoved spoonful of ddukboki continuously in his mouth.

"Eat well~", i smirked and continue to shove the food into his mouth.

When I was about to give him more, I noticed the change in his expression. His face got crumpled and started fanning his hand in front of his mouth.

"This one is so spicy! ahhhh!"

I panicked when I saw his face really crumpled. I hurriedly grabbed the glass on the center table and fill it with water. When I turned to Jonghyun to hand him the water, he was naughtily laughing. 

 "So... You're making fun of me?", I raised an eyebrow and heavily put down the glass back to the center table.

He's still laughing. "You're cute when you're panicking, but it's funny."

"Yah! I thought it's really spicy!", I yelled and started to hit his arms and chest continuously.

He's trying to block it while still laughing. Until the final blow hit his jaw.
He painfully held it and his face became crumpled again.

"Aww...that's..awww...", he wailed.

"Oh... oppa, sorry, sorry.. I didn't mean to hit that hard.", again I panicked and checked his jaw if I made a serious damage. But unfortunately, it's another trick. He started laughing heartily again.  

 "I hate you KIM JONGHYUN!!!", I yelled, grabbed a pillow and threw it to his face. Then I stood up and went to sit on the floor where Roo is playing.

He followed and sat beside me, leaning his head on my shoulder.
"Jaei~", he sweetly called.

"I hate you kim jonghyun." i said without looking at him. I continued to play with Roo.

"Jaei, my hands are cold...", Jonghyun said sweetly. But he still doesn't sound serious.

"I'm not going to fall for that again.", i continued to snob his sweet gestures.

He suddenly grabbed my hand and held it with both of his hands. 
"I said my hands are cold.", I tried to wriggle my hands off but he stubbornly held my hand. In the end, I just let him.

He stayed quiet for a while, while holding my hand and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Jaei... what if I told you... I like you.", he suddenly lift his head and faced to me.

I puffed my cheeks. "I know that already. That's why we're became good friends, right?"

He smiled. "No, not that. Other than that."

I paused for a while to think about his word. He's smiling, widely smiling. I pouted and tilted my head to the side.

"Oh no, oppa. I'm not gonna fall for another trick again."

He raised his eyebrow but he's still smiling.
"A trick? Then who told you it's a trick?"

I narrowed my eyes and brought my face closer to his.
"I know it is. Oppa, cut it off. See? you're widely smiling.", I sat straight and picked up Roo to play.

 

--Jonghyun's POV--

"Eat well~", then she continued to shove a lot of ddukboki to my mouth.

I felt a burning sensation on my tongue and started fanning my hands to my mouth.
"This one is so spicy! ahhhh!"

I saw her panicked expression and she hurriedly grabbed a glass and filled it with water
I swear it's really spicy, but when I saw how cute she was when she's in panic, I can't help my self from laughing. But I'm not laughing because I'm making fun of her, It's just that it's too cute and I can't contain myself. 

But she seemed to misunderstood it... 

"So... You're making fun of me?", she raised an eyebrow and heavily put down the glass back to the center table.

 "You're cute when you're panicking, but it's funny.", I just decided to continue laughing since I felt like teasing her for today.

...and to ease the nervousness I'm feeling.

Today is the day... I'm going to tell it to her. FINALLY!

"Yah! I thought it's really spicy!", she yelled and started to hit my arms and chest continuously.

She's so cute when he does that, even though she's physically hurting me. Then an unexpected blow hit my jaw. 

"Aww...that's..awww...", I wailed.

"Oh... oppa, sorry, sorry.. I didn't mean to hit that hard.", again she panicked and checked my jaw if  there's a serious damage. My heart raced when she came closer. I felt another extreme nervousness so I laughed again to make me feel ease. I decided to hold on to the idea of teasing her.

 "I hate you KIM JONGHYUN!!!", she yelled, grabbed a pillow and threw it to my face. Then she stood up and went to sit on the floor where Roo is playing.

I smiled as I watch her from the back while she's sitting on the floor with Roo.

'I guess I should start now. This is it Kim Jonghyun'

Though I'm seriously feeling nervous, I can't stop smiling from the extreme excitement that I'm feeling, knowing that I would be able to tell everything to her.

I followed and sat beside her, leaning my head on her shoulder.
"Jaei~", I sweetly called. 

"I hate you kim jonghyun."

"Jaei, my hands are cold...", Kim jonghyun, you can do it! Almost there.

"I'm not going to fall for that again.", she continued to snob me.

I grabbed her hand and held it with both of my hands. 
"I said my hands are cold.", she tried to shake his hands off, but unlucky for her, I have no plans of letting go of her hand. 

I stayed quiet for a while. ''You can do it. Just a sentence and everything will go with the flow...'

"Jaei... what if I told you... I like you.", at, last! I said it. Slowly... slowly...

She puffed my cheeks. "I know that already. That's why we're became good friends, right?"

 "No, not that. Other than that.", I'm seriously getting excited. 

'Damn, cut the smile man.', I scolded my self. I know it's not good to smile while confessing to someone, but I really can't help it. The excitement, the nervousness, it's all mixed up and all i could do is smile.

"Oh no, oppa. I'm not gonna fall for another trick again."

"A trick? Then who told you it's a trick?"

She narrowed her eyes and brought her face closer to mine. 'Does she know that it's not goog for her to do it? Specially now...'

"I know it is. Oppa, cut it off. See? you're widely smiling.", she said and went back to playing with Roo.

I sighed. 'Lesson learned: Never start the confession with a joke'.
She still won't believe me. Sorry but, I won't end it here. I didn't wait this long just to back out.

'I'll make you believe. Wait and see...'

--End of Jonghyun's POV--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hgdhfgahgdfhbvjjhg SO CUUTTEEE

ANNYEONG!

Have you heard it readers/shawols/Taemints? Taemin is going to be virtually married with Naeun.  TT-TT *cries* But let's just support him. 

Read, Comment, Subscribe, Vote ♥