Chptr 7: Manly Points

SHINee Girl

 

*LA LA ireoke CHA~ CHA CHA ro AH! 
Shinandago ya~ LA CHA LA CHA TATA~*

You started to rock your head slowly to the tune. You're sitting on a bench in a small park near your house with your earphones plugged on your ears, waiting for someone.

You smiled as you remember your date with Onew a few days ago. It was indeed really fun and because of that, all your worries about picking your bias have been lessen.
Onew and Unnie was right, just enjoy the rest of the experience. 

After just three days, your next date had been set and you're actually waiting for him right now. You giggled when you remembered how the boys picked who was going to be your second date. As expected, they come up with a very silly idea.
They raced around the park where you were sitting right now. The first one to finish 4 laps wins and after the race they all look like they're going to die in tiredness.

 *LA LA ireoke CHA~ CHA CHA ro AH!* 
You still have you're earphones while you're remembering those scenes. When suddenly, you noticed that there were no more music heard on your right ear, and you also felt it empty of earphone. Automatically you turned your head  to your right to check, only to see a cute face over your shoulder. Your right earphone was plugged in his left ear.

You gasped in shockness. "Taemin...", you mumbled.

Taemin is standing behind the bench and bending forward, his arms lying along the backrest of the bench. He turned to you and smiled.

He walked and sat beside you, "Not listening to our song?", he said, pouting.

"Do I have to listen to your songs every time?", you raised an eyebrow.

"Of course you should.", Taemin pouted more.

 "Aigoo. So cute~!", you sang while lightly tapping his cheeks with both of your hands.
Seriously, you think Taemin is cuter than you. Everything he does, it's always cute. Actually, he's like a child. So even if he's older than you, you don't call him 'oppa' that often because the feeling was not an 'Oppa-yeoja' relationship, it was more likely a 'Noona-namja' feeling.

Taemin gently moved your hands aways from his cheeks, raised his index and move it left and right, doing a 'NO' motion.

"No. I'm not cute. Can't you see, I'm a manly man!", taemin said.

You laughed when you heard what he said. The way he said 'I'm a manly man', it's just too cute.

"What's so funny?", he looked at you

You managed to control you're laughter before answering, "Nothing. Manly, huh? And what's with it now?"

"You don't believe me?"

You just blinked innocently while smiling as a response. When suddenly he grabbed your hand and just held it while he talks.
"Where on a date. So I should be a grown-up, matured manly man. No more cute Taemin."

"No more? You sure?", You asked him, You can't help but to chuckle while he's talking about this 'Manly man' thing.

He sighed. "Okay, let's have a deal. Today I'll be doing things to prove to you I'm a matured man already."

"Sure. Let's do it this way, I'll give you a point for your 'cute acts' and also for your MANLY acts.", you suggested.

His interest suddenly grew, "Then we'll count it before this day ends. If there's more MANLY points, you'll believe that I have already grown up."

"Okay, grown-up, matured, manly Taemin. DEAL.", you shook his hand that was still holding your hand.

His, "Then let's go. Let's start this.", He pulled you to walk. You just smiled and followed him as he lead the way.

 Since Taemin haven't got his license yet, you took a cab on your way your date destination. Taemin said it was a public place so he had to wear a disguise. He's not wearing his weird 'covered' disguise again, instead he's just wearing a hoodie jacket and a pair of nerdy glasses, as you suggested him to wear. You both agree that it will feel awkward if will be overly covered again.

You finally got into your destination, an open arcade. It looks so fun, and the good thing was, it wasn't so crowded and you could both move freely and enjoy the rest of your stay there.

"Have you been here?", Taemin asked as you walk around trying to find something interesting to do. He's still holding your hand tightly because according to him: "A man never lets go the hand of a girl.". He's really serious with being a man today.

"Here in Korea, no. It won't be fun to go alone here for sure."

"Of course it won't be.", we continued to walk and saw a Punching Machine. Taemin looked at me and smiled before pulling me closer to the machine.

There's still someone playing with it so we just watched him play first. When the man punched, he got 638 points. Then he left, giving Taemin a chance to try it.

"Watch me.", he let go of your hand and prepared himself in front of the machine. You just settled beside it and watch Taemin do his thing.

After  some stretching and simple distance calculations, Taemin punched and you both wait as the points on the screen went higher and higher.

638.....650...700..and........743! He beat the score of the man who punched earlier and has his point set as the highest score.

He looked at you, obviously very proud of his achievement.
He went in front of you, "See that? I told you...", he smiled proudly, pointing at his score.

"OOOOH, so manly~", it was a praise, at the same time, a tease.

He pouted and crossed his arms over his chest, "I got a point for that.", he said, still pouting.

"Okay, a MANLY point for that.....and a 'cute' point for pouting cutely.", you giggled and grabbed his hand and lead the walk.

"You know that's unfair, you made me pout!", Taemin insisted. He walked faster to catch up with you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

People are starting to look at you, luckily, no one have noticed yet that you are actually with SHINee's Taemin. You both decided to have some ice cream first to avoid too much exposure to the people for a while. You entered an ice cream shop and sat a the corner after ordering.

Taemin is eating his ice cream in a cup cutely but you just decided not to tell him that. You enjoy watching him as he picks the toppings and eat it separately from the ice cream. Others will think it's childish, but for you it's purely cuteness, specially Taemin doing it.

He's enjoying his ice cream too much that he didn't notice that he had it on his cheeks. You can't avoid laughing while you're wiping it with a tissue.

"May I guess? I have a cute point for that, right?", he wrinkled his nose.

"No, But for wrinkling you're nose like that, I'll give you one.", you chuckled as he immediately fix his face and have a serious look.

You just smiled and shook my head.

After finishing your ice cream, you walked around to find more interesting to do then you saw a Claw  Machine. You grabbed pulled Taemin to run to the machine. You excitedly tried it but after a few attempts, you gave up. You're never good at this play.

When you turned to Taemin, you saw him taking out all the coins from his pocket. He asked you to hold almost one hand full of his coins as he started his serious play.

"What are you trying to get?", you asked,

"That purple thing over  there.",he pointed at a cute purple bear inside.

Upon hearing the word purple, you became really excited and cheered for Taemin. I think it was his 5th try now, he's really serious playing. He's bending down sturdily to the machine and biting his lower lip. He slowly moves the controller to the side and aim for the bear. When the claw dropped, it grabbed the bear. You both thought that Taemin have gotten the bear already but when the claw went up and started to move to the side, the bear was dropped again.

Out of frustration, Taemin jumped frustratedly, shaking his head and letting out sulking groans. You made a sound of clearing your throat to get his attention. You grinned, letting him realize that he's starting to act cutely again. He automatically stopped and fix himself.

"Sorry, I need to be fair, Taem.", you shrugged innocently. 

After a few (or plenty) tries, Taemin finally got his target. His eyes is glowing in happiness. Once again, he gave me that proud look as he hand me that cute purple bear.

"Even though you gave me a 'cute' point, I'll still give this to you.", he seemed to be happy that he got the bear for me so he doesn't mind receiving a 'cute' point.

We continue to walk around and found a Drum arcade game. Taemin let me play first. You excitedly grabbed the drum stick and started picking a song. Then finally you saw the music you were looking for.

"Okay, since you want me to listen to your songs all the time, I'll pick this.", you clicked on 'Ring Ding Dong'.

You started tapping the drums, but accidentally picked the the hardest difficulty so your strumming was kinda out of tune. Then a pair of hands from behind grabbed yours and guided you to strum better.

"I know the tune better so I guess I could help you with this.", Taemin was behind you, almost you while guiding your hands.

You felt your cheeks become warm for a while. If not because of Taemin's hand holding yours, you're very you won't be able to strum or maybe you would drop the drumsticks. You should admit, that's very manly. A very strong move that could make you stop for a while. 'A lot of manly points Taem...'

The finally ended. You faced Taemin and smiled at him.
"Okay, I'll give you your point."

His eyes sparkled, he smiled shyly, "Actually, I didn't do that for the point. But I'll accept the point as well.", then he held your hand again and you walked together.

Until you found a photobooth and you went in. You pose together and for your last pose, you asked Taemin to do a cute pose with you.

"Pose with me, just for this last picture. Please....~", you clasped your hands together and started working with your puppy eyes.

Taemin pinched your nose, "You're so unfair.", he sighed, "Okay, I'll sacrifice my manly point for you."

When the pictures came out, you gave Taemin an eyesmile. "Since it came out well, it won't have any point.", then you came out of the photobooth.

You both decided to go home after exploring the whole arcade area. Taemin walked you home, as you suggested not to take a cab.

You heard him murmuring so you looked at him. You saw him counting with his fingers while looking up.

"What are you doing?", you asked

"Wait... 1 point for that, and 2.... and 3...", he finally looked at, "I think I lost. I got many cute points than manly points.", he said while frowning.

You giggled and grabbed his hands. "No, you actually won."

 He just looked at me, confused.

"You were able to carry out the date successfully and managed to keep the whole day very fun and being able to do that, it considers you a matured man.", you explained.

His eyes glowed and showed a smile of satisfaction. He let go of your hand and wrapped his arms on your shoulder.

"Then you should believe that I a manly man.", he faced to you, "... and you should practice calling me oppa more often."

'Uh? He even noticed that?', You smiled, ' Maybe I should, from now on...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look at you, You're so MANLYYYYY.

Annyeong readers! I've changed the POV from 'I' to 'you', because of a suggestion, so if there's any mistake in POV used, please don't be confused. I'm still adjusting to it >.<

 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Do you miss the boys being together already?

Stay tuned for your next date :))

READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE<3 and VOTE *puppy eyes*