New kid

Capture Your Heart

"~~~~~~, are you up yet?"

Banging sounds on your door. Probably umma. You mumble a few swear words and tug the blankets up over your head.

The door opens and your umma steps in, opening the curtains. A blinding glare burns into the lids of your eyes. She rips off your blanket, and suddenly you're freezing.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! I'M UP DAMMIT!!!!" You scream.

"Good! Now get to school!" Umma scolds, shooing you away so she could clean your room.

You get dressed, pull on your uniform, grab a slice of toast, and ran off.

Dongwoon was waiting for you outside. "Hey, slowpoke." He said cheerfully.

"Shut up, oppa." You snapped back, smirking. He pouted. "Yah, I'm not your oppa! I'm, like, four months younger than you."

"Yeah, but you LOOK like my oppa." You snickered. "Besides, wouldn't it be weird to have a guy whose 180 cm and looks like he could be in college calling a 165 cm-tall girl like me 'noona'?"

Dongwoon paused for a moment. "......Yeah, you're right. But still!"

You laughed and the two of you walked to school.

Son Dongwoon was one of your best friends, and a childhood buddy. You two were next-door neighbours, so he always walked you to school.

"Where's Kisa?" You asked.

"You know how she is -- up at 6 in the morning to go off to running club." Dongwoon rolled his eyes and shuddered. "Imagine -- the three worst things in the world happening all at once: getting up early, going to school, and running."

Natsumi Kisa was your other best friend, who -- surprise, surprise -- was your OTHER next-door neighbour. She's a Japanese transfer student who moved in two years ago in your freshman year of high school. Everyone was scared to make friends with her because she had bright blue hair. Literally. She looked like this:

 

You and Dongwoon were the first to make friends with her, and the three of you were inseperable ever since. Which was good since you didn't have any other friends besides them.

"Hey, have you heard?" Dongwoon asked suddenly.

"Heard wha-wha-what?" You asked in between a huge yawn.

"We're having a new student! I heard he's coming today."

"So? Who cares."

"Why are you so indifferent to everything, ~~~~~~-ah? At least pretend to be interested."

"Why should I when I'm not?"

Our argument continued like that until we got to school and went to our lockers. We met up with a breathless Kisa on the way, her blue hair tied up in a ponytail for running. Waking up early sure didn't affect her normal outgoing, wild personality.

"How was it?" You asked.

"Good." She panted, giving you and Dongwoon a thumbs-up. "We ran 3 km and I got first place."

"WOW." You and Dongwoon stared at her in shock and deep respect.

"I could never do that." Dongwoon said in awe.

"Yeah, I wouldn't even try." You said.

Kisa rolled her eyes. "You guys are just lazy bugs. If you actually get off your and work out once in a while, you wouldn't be failing Gym class!"

"I'm going to class early." You yawned.

Kisa stopped in the middle of her lecture. "Why?"

You smirked. "Because when you start talking about exercise, I need to escape from all the hot air."

Kisa slapped your arm and Dongwoon laughed.

Life was normal. Normal and happy.

******************************************************************************************************************

"Alright, class, settle down!" Miss Choi yelled, slapping her ruler on the table. "We have a new student coming in today. He's new to the area, so I hope you treat him well and become good friends with him!"

You were sitting in the very back by yourself, staring out the window. Dongwoon and Kisa sat in front of you. Nobody else really talked to you much, but you didn't mind. You liked blending in with the background. Being a "Wallflower" as your friends called it. You hate getting attention.

The door opened, and a boy stepped in.

Curious despite yourself, you turned to look.

The boy seemed to glow with a kind of sweet innocence. He had the cutest face you've ever seen, the sweetest smile, the most adorable puppy-dog eyes. His hair was BLONDE. He had the appearance of a teddy bear. 

He smiled at the class. He had a way of melting you with his smiles.

"This is Yang Yoseob." Miss Choi said, slightly breathless. "He will be a student of Cube High from here on out. Do you have anything to say to the class, Yoseob?" She smiled at him. "Say as much as you want."

Ugh. Only two seconds in the room and he's already teacher's pet. Why does Miss Choi always favour the good-looking ones?

Yoseob's eyes swept the room as he looked at everybody. When he saw you, his eyes widened slightly. His eyes stayed locked with yours for a few seconds before he looked away. What was all that about?

Finally, he smiled. "Hello!" He chirped, his voice just as sweet and cute as his appearance. Girls began to swoon.

"My name is Yang Yoseob. My father owns Yang Incorporated, the multi-million dollar research centre." He smiled again, looking shy. "But I don't want to be treated differently because of that. I just want to make friends with everybody. I hope we all become good friends."

Girls squealed and gazed up at him with adoration. Even the boys were smiling at him in encouragement. He had that kind of effect on people -- everyone seemed to love him.

Whatever. You returned to gazing out the window. Didn't seem to affect you.

"Is that all you want to say, Yoseob?" Miss Choi fluttered.

"I have one more thing, Miss Choi." Yoseob said carefully.

You felt his eyes turn to you, and he smiled wider. "Would that pretty lady by the window over there in the back please tell me her name?"

*****************************************************************************************************************

UGH, our school has running club. Thank god I refuse to join.

Everyone's all like "Tessa, Tessa, join running club!" And I'm all like "SCREW RUNNING!"

Yah........I'm failing Gym. I got like a 75 on my last report card.......

ANYWAY, my Yoseob-YOU fic is here.

SUPA-SPECIAL thanks to LovesYoseob, who was not only my first subscriber but also my first THREE commenters!

I love all you other people too :)

Hope this fic turns out good.......................

Oh, yeah. Tessa is my real name.