The Unexpected Disappointment

Capture Your Heart

The next day, you felt strange when Yoseob wasn't waiting at the front of the school for you.

He sat next to you as usual, but didn't look at your or talk to you at all. Girls immediately noticed the sudden coolness between the two of you and started to attack him like wild dogs. He ignored their attentions, but ignored you too.

You felt...............weird. Upset? No.........no, that was impossible.

Kisa and Dongwoon were both not speaking to you, too. You hated this the most. They were your only friends in the entire world. Now you felt truly alone.

But you kept on thinking about Junhyung, and that made up for everything.

Almost.

***********************************************************************************************************************

After tutoring you in science, Junhyung gave you a small smile and said "Ready to go?"

"Yup!" You said cheerfully, smiling hugely. You couldn't stop smiling, you were so excited. After all those months fantasizing, you were actually GOING ON A DATE WITH YONG JUNHYUNG, YOUR TWO-YEAR CRUSH!!!!!!!!!!

"Where are we going to go?" You asked.

"I dunno. Maybe go eat something and then just walk around."

He took you out to a cafe to eat -- the exact same cafe Yoseob had taken you to. You even sat in the same table.

"What are you going to order?"

You looked at the menu. You really couldn't order brunch food right now, although you would kill for French waffle pancakes again. "Um..........the pasta."

He shrugged. "Sure. I'm ordering the meat dish."

The waitress -- the exact same girl, Hana -- appeared. She looked taken aback to see you again, then smirked when she saw your company was different.

"Hello, I'm Hana." She giggled to Junhyung.

He raised an eyebrow. "Can we get our orders taken?"

"Sure." He gave her our two choices, and she disappeared.

There was a silence.

"So........um..........what do you do in your spare time?" You asked, attempting to make conversation.

"Huh? Oh......not much, really. I mostly just listen to music." He said.

There was more awkward silence.

Hana arrived with -- yet again -- only Junhyung's order. He raised his eyebrow again, unamused. "Where's hers?" He asked, gesturing to me.

Hana giggled and flipped her hair. "Oh, it'll take a while." She smirked.

He glared at her. "Yah, what are you trying to pull?"

"Nothing." She giggled again and winked at him. "But if you give me your number, maybe I'll get her dish in time..."

SERIOUSLY, HOW TY WAS THIS GIRL?

Junhyung stood up. "Forget it. I'm not eating at a cafe like this. Let's go, ~~~~~~~."

You jumped up. "Okay."

You walked past the flabbergasted Hana and out of the resteraunt.

"T-thanks for sticking up for me back there." You stammered. "Hana was just like that the last time I went here.........."

You remembered the last time. Your first and last and only date with Yoseob.

You shook your head. Why were you thinking about Yoseob at a time like this? You were with the guy of your dreams, you needed to focus on him and him only.

"Okay, let's go." The two of you started to walk around.

Junhyung had put his earphones in his ears and was listening to music, and you trailed along silently behind him.

This was a lot more different from your date with Yoseob. With Yoseob, there was constant light chatter about everything, and a lot more smiles and laughter. And he was such a sweet gentleman to you at that time, holding your hand and everything.................

"~~~~~~!" Junhyung interrupted. Your head snapped up. "Y-yes?"

"The light is green. We can cross now."

"O-oh! R-right." You followed behind him meekly.

He pointed at an ice cream store. "You hungry?"

"Oh, y-yes!" You said.

You stood in line, then looked curiously at Junhyung, who was instead sitting on a park bench. "Aren't you getting any?"

"No, I hate sweets." He said.

You frowned, but went back in line. How could anyone NOT like sweets? You were a total sweet tooth. Yoseob was too, you could talk to him about everything that had to do with sugar and chocolate -- like sweet tooth trivia -- and he could match you word-for-word. When you talked about chocolates from Germany, he countered with chocolates from Switzerland. When you compared lollipops and tootsie roll pops, he matched you by comparing milk and dark chocolates............................

"Flavour?" The lady asked in front of you.

You shook yourself out of your daydreams and said "Cookies 'n' Cream, please."

You paid for the ice cream and walked back to Junhyung.

You hesitated at the park bench. "Aren't you going to sit down?" He asked.

"Yeah..........but it looks dirty." You stammered.

He snorted. "If I can sit down, you can too. It's not that dirty."

You nodded and sat down, feeling suddenly disappointed in him. Yoseob put his sweater down for you to sit on before, yet he.............................

No! Stop! Stop comparing Junhyung to Yoseob!  You thought quickly. Junhyung is still much cooler than Yoseob, and-and smarter than Yoseob, and more handsome, and...........................

Then it hit you.

Why were you always comparing Yoseob to Junhyung?

Why couldn't you just look at the REAL Yoseob, one that wasn't compared to anyone?

Rich.

Smart.

Cute.

Sweet.

Manly.

Happy.

Yoseob was everything.

You suddenly felt very stupid. Why were you here, your ice cream in silence? Weren't you supposed to be happy with Junhyung? Why did you feel disappointed?

You closed your eyes and imagined your fantasy of going on dates with Junhyung. He was smiling at you, talking to you, holding your hand....................just the way you always dreamed about going on a date with him.

Then he dissolved and turned into a slightly shorter, much cuter boy with blonde hair and big puppy dog eyes.

You realized that in all your dreams, all your fantasies.......................you were just replaying your date with Yoseob and replacing him with Junhyung.

Yoseob had given you the perfect date, the date you've always wanted.

Yet you pushed him away for Junhyung.

Why?

Why did you do that?

You looked at Junhyung, surprised to find your heart didn't pound, and your cheeks didn't turn red. You didn't have butterflies in your stomach.

You didn't see your perfect, ideal dream guy, the type you've always been attracted to.

When you tried to think about who was your ideal guy...............all that came up in your head was Yoseob.

WHAT? YOSEOB................IS HE SUDDENLY MY TYPE? HOW? WHY? WHEN?

Junhyung noticed you staring at him. "What?"

You quickly looked away. "N-nothing."

**********************************************************************************************************************

He walked you home at least, but you suspected that was only because his house was right across the street.

"See you at school." He said. For some reason, his cool, calm, slightly bored voice didn't make your heart flutter anymore.

"Wanna go on another date?" He asked you.

You hesitated, then did something you thought you would never EVER do.

You shook your head.

"Sorry.................no."

His eyes popped open with surprise. "No? Why?"

You took a deep breath. "I...............I don't think I feel anything towards you anymore. I'm sorry..........I don't think I like you anymore."

"You...............don't like me?" He asked, shocked.

You shook your head. "I'm really sorry, Junhyung. Maybe we can still be friends......................"

"Whatever. Your loss." He huffed, then stomped away.

You stared after him in surprise. What a bad attitude this boy had!

"Totally not my type." You muttered, then gasped at what you just said.

Shaking your head, you went into your house.

That day, something inside of you had changed.

What did?