Boarding School

Capture Your Heart

When you were eating dinner with a happy Yoseob, a cheerful Hyunki, and a sulking Hwayoung, you heard the door open. A few minutes later, two very elegantly dressed adults walked in.

Their hair was just like Hwayoung's -- a glossy black -- but you could see a bit of Yoseob and Hyunki in the woman's face. Hwayoung's sparkling, sharp eyes were the mirror image of the man's.

These people must be Yoseob's parents.

Hyunki, Yoseob, and Hwayoung immediately stood up. You didn't know what to do so you stood up as well.

Yoseob's umma gazed at you coolly. "Who is this?"

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Yang. My name is Han ~~~~~~~, I am Yoseob's friend, classmate, and project partner." You said as politely as you could, bowing respectfully to them.

Mrs. Yang raised her eyebrows. "Han ~~~~~~~? You mean, the girl Yoseob is always talking about?"

You blushed a dark red and glared at Yoseob. "Unfortunately, I am the very same."

"Huh," She said softly, then turned to Mr. Yang. "Darling, let's eat dinner."

"Of course." Mr. Yang said. "Are you joining us, children? Miss Han?"

"Nope!" Yoseob said quickly, smiling at his parents and indiscreetly pushing me aside at the same time. "We just finished. ~~~~~~-ah and I are going to work on the project now, if that's okay."

"Very well." Mrs. Yang said in an indifferent tone.

"But, we only just started to eat---" You started to say, before Hyunki clapped a hand over your mouth.

Mr. Yang's eyes narrowed. "What did she say?"

"She said 'But do you have enough to eat?'" Yoseob said quickly over you.

Mr. Yang chuckled. "We have enough, thank you."

"Okay, we'll be leaving now." Yoseob said quickly. "Have a good dinner, umma, appa."

Hyunki dragged you out of the room, Yoseob following close behind.

They closed the door and you wriggled free. "What was that all about?" You demanded.

"I don't want you in the same room with my parents." Yoseob muttered, an ugly look on his face.

"It's better for us all, ~~~~~-ah, that they don't see too much of you." Hyunki murmered. "They generally look down on anybody of 'lower rank' -- basically, people who don't have as much money as us. It makes us all sick -- even Hwayoung hates their snobbiness, and she is the most arrogant out of us three."

"~~~~~~-ah, promise me you will try to stay away from my parents." Yoseob said fiercely, looking you straight in the eye, making your heart pound like crazy and your bones turn as soft as a marshmallow.

"O-okay." You gasped, flushing red.

"Good." Yoseob smiled at you, which sent another thud into your heart.

**********************************************************************************************************************

"And that's basically it, Kisa."

Kisa frowned as she talked with you over the phone. "Well, I WOULD stay away from them if I were you. If even Yoseob doesn't like it, then you can't really disagree."

"Yeah...........so, how's you and Dongwoon going?"

"Stop asking that question!" Kisa hissed, turning pink.

Dongwoon walked in. "What question?"

"NOTHING!!!" She yelled. "Look, ~~~~~~-ah, I'll talk to you later." She quickly hung up.

Dongwoon snickered as he sat down beside her. "That sounds really suspicious."

"Oh, shut up." Kisa snapped, turning an even darker red.

"I'm booooooooooored." He moaned. "Let's play a game!"

"Like what? You don't have any board games or cards."

"Fine then, let's play truth or dare."

Kisa smirked. "Okay, you first then. Truth or dare?"

"...........um............dare."

"Okay, I dare you to stand in front of the fridge shirtless for ten minutes."

Dongwoon complied. He took off his shirt (Kisa looked away, turning a dark red) and stood in front of the open fridge. He came back ten minutes later shivering like crazy.

"D-d-d-damn, I'm c-c-cold now."

"Here." Kisa tossed him his shirt and a blanket. He tugged his shirt back on and wrapped himself in the blanket. "Your turn, K-K-Kisa."

"Okay, then. Truth."

Dongwoon thought for a second, then smirked. "How much do you like me?"

Kisa froze. "U-um...........a lot."

"A lot? As in, how much?"

"As in, a lot."

"What percentage?"

Kisa hesitated. She couldn't say 100%. "You can only ask one question."

"But this has to do with the question. So what percentage?"

"Um.............um............I don't know. You're my best friend, so I like you a lot." Kisa quickly said, feeling the heat rising up into her cheeks.

Dongwoon looked at her with his serious, deep, intense eyes. "Are you telling the truth?"

Kisa stood up. "This game is boring. I'm going to bed early." She snapped, walking away quickly before Dongwoon could say anything else.

She slammed her door shut and sat on the bed, sighing heavily. "Jeez..............that really freaked me out............"

Dongwoon stared at the shut door for a while, frowning and scratching his head. He sighed. "For a second, I hoped she would say.....................never mind............."

***********************************************************************************************************************

The week passed by quickly, much quicker than you thought.

You didn't mind -- no, more than that, you ENJOYED -- living with Yoseob. It was fun and happy. Yoseob woke you up every morning personally (that freaked you out every time), and dragged you to amusement parks, malls, and just about any place he could spend money on you. If there was nothing else to do, you would watch him play Call of Duty or Left 4 Dead or something with Hyunki. Sometimes you played too, and it was fun. Hwayoung was still mean and snobby to you, and cooing around Yoseob, but she kept her distance. You also didn't see much of Yoseob's parents, which was good.

Until the last night, when Yoseob had his butlers move all of your new clothes back to your home. You were eating dinner there for the last time. You were going to miss the long, hand-carved oak wood table. You were going to miss it, but you were glad to go back home all the same.

Yoseob was pouting. "Can't you just stay here forever, ~~~~~-ah? You can move in, I don't mind!"

You blushed. "No way!"

Suddenly, Yoseob's parents walked in. You froze.

"Oh, Miss Han, you're still here?" Mrs. Yang asked coolly.

"I'm leaving after dinner." You mumbled. You started to stand up, but Mr. Yang said "No need to excuse yourself, Miss Han. We are here merely to give some news to our children."

"What is it?" Hyunki asked.

"Yoseob has no need to study in a public school anymore." Mrs. Yang said, smirking slightly. "We are sending him abroad, to the best boarding school in Switzerland, to study."

"ABROAD?" Hwayoung gasped.

"BOARDING SCHOOL?" Hyunki repeated.

"Switzerland?" You whispered.

Yoseob looked horrified. "Umma, appa, this isn't necessary. I like studying in public school."

"Well, WE don't like it. We want you to have the best education. After all, you and Hyunki are going to take over our company one day."

Yoesob's jaw tightened. You could tell he obviously did not want to take over the company when he got older.

"But.........."

"No BUTS, Yoseob. You should be happy. Only a select few students from around the world get to study at the boarding school. Not to mention you'll get to ski on holidays! You'll be leaving in a week, that's all." They left the room.

There was a ringing silence among the three Yang children and you.

Yoseob was leaving to go to Switzerland.

Yoseob was leaving to go to Switzerland.

You couldn't believe it.

It was impossible. Wrong. It can't happen.

"Switzerland." You whispered in horror.