Tears

Capture Your Heart

"Um...........we should have brought a map." Hyunki said lamely, looking embarassed.

"Of course we should have! Idiot!" Hwayoung fumed, looking left and right. They were completely lost, running around random neighbourhoods and streets looking for you.

"We don't even know her address." Hyunki muttered. "We shouldn't have acted so brashly."

Hwayoung narrowed her eyes angrily. "Darn it, let's continue the search tomorrow! Shoot, I don't even know how to contact her!"

"Don't you have school tomorrow?" Hyunki asked curiously. Hwayoung was in Seoul Academy, an elite prestigious private high school. She had straight A's and perfect attendance.

"Who cares?" Hwayoung snorted, waving her hand in a very unladylike way. "Yoseob oppa's happiness is more important."

Hyunki stared at her in amazement. Where was the "perfect" daughter from before? "Who are you and what have you done with Yang Hwayoung?"

She snickered and took out her cell phone to call the chauffeur. "Don't be ridiculous, oppa. I'm continuing the search tomorrow, with or without you. No matter what happens, we need to get ~~~~~~ to stop Yoseob oppa from leaving to Switzerland at all costs. We have a week at most before he leaves. We need to find ~~~~~~ in a week."

*********************************************************************************************************************

You sighed as you walked outside, down streets near your house. You were thinking of everything that was happening.

It was over. Yoseob was going to Switzerland in a week. You were never going to confess to him. What was the point, when he was going to leave you anyway?

You felt angry, humilated, painful tears in your eyes. You were so STUPID. You should never have fallen in love with Yoseob. He should never have fallen in love with YOU.

Then a small part of your heart whispered your true feelings to you. You weren't angry that you fell in love with Yoseob.

You were angry because you didn't fall in love with Yoseob sooner.

Tears threatened to fall from your eyes. I should have fallen in love with him the moment I met him. Then we could at least have some time together before he would leave.................

"~~~~~~~?" Someone asked quietly.

You turned around. Hyunseung's pretty deer-like eyes were staring at you, wide and compassionate. He noticed the water in your unusally bright eyes. "Are you crying?"

You rubbed at your eyes furiously. "No."

He moved closer to you, concerned. "What's wrong, ~~~~~~~?"

"N-nothing."

"I know it's not nothing." Hyunseung placed a gentle hand on your shoulder, and patted it comfortingly. "It must take a lot to make you cry."

"I wasn't crying." You snapped, then sighed. "Yoseob...............is moving to Switzerland. By the end of the week."

Hyunseung's jaw dropped. "Yoseob-sshi? Going to Switzerland?"

At first, his heart leapt out of his chest. Yoseob was leaving, which meant Hyunseung had no competition to take you. Then he realized you were crying because he was leaving.

His heart sank. Does she love him?

"What are you going to do about it, ~~~~~~?" He whispered.

"I don't know." You said miserably. "I think I'll just avoid him until he leaves. What's the point of doing anything? Yoseob is a rich kid -- of course he'll go to a fancy- school for his education. Going to this normal- school was just a waste of his time." You said this angrily, bitterly.

"You love him, don't you?" Hyunseung asked quietly.

You froze. "I-I-I.......w-what are you talking about?"

He looked into your eyes. "~~~~~~, you love Yoseob-sshi, don't you?"

You hesitated, but the look in your eyes was enough of an answer.

"You do." Hyunseung confirmed, forcing himself to keep a straight poker-face.

You sagged your shoulders. "I shouldn't have." You whispered. "I didn't think I would ever.................I didn't even WANT to. But................it doesn't matter anymore. He's leaving, and he'll find another girl one day, a girl who is smart and beautiful and as rich as he is, and he'll get married to her and have a nice, rich family."

Hyunseung's heart broke. He hated seeing you like this. "What are you going to do about it?"

"Get over my love, I guess." You decided. "It doesn't matter anymore. Yoseob is off to Switzerland to take over his father's company, and I will grow up to hopefully be a famous photographer. We'll go our seperate ways and maybe we'll get over it."

Hyunseung gazed at you with wide eyes. She says she'll get over her love so calmly, so rationally...............but will that really make her happy?

You sighed one more time. "I'll see you tomorrow for school, Hyunseung. If I do go."

You started to walk away, when Hyunseung suddenly said "~~~~~~~~~, wait!"

You stopped and turned around. Hyunseung faced you, gripping his hands into fists by his side to hide their shaking.

He had always admired you, for you strength and bravery, for your kindness and compassion. He loved how you never cared what people thought of you, how you never sought popularity or attention. How you were happy in your own little world, how you cared for your friends and for people who needed help. He had always wanted to be like you.

But he didn't want to make your decision. He didn't want to give up just because of an impossible obstacle. He didn't want to move on with his life without letting his feelings be known first.

"~~~~~~~, I love you." He said quickly. Your eyes popped open wide. "W-what?"

"I've loved you, ever since that day two years ago when you helped me in the mud. I've admired you, you were my role model, my inspiration. Seeing you smiling with your friends, day after day, helped me get through everything I did. I loved you for such a long time, but I was too shy, too AFRAID, to let you know how I really feel."

"Hyunseung, I--" You started to say, but he held out his hand to silence you.

"I know you can never return my feelings, but I just wanted to let you know. I hope we can still be friends after this. But I just want to tell you that you're making a big mistake not telling Yoseob your feelings. Had it ever occured to you that if you confessed to him, he might just stay?"

You paused. You instantly knew that if you did confess your love to Yoseob, he would immediately stay for you.

But in that same instant, you knew you couldn't. Yoseob would get in huge trouble with his parents, resulting in a fight. Yoseob may even leave the family name, make his own business, get his own job. He would leave the house, and live.................where? In your house? In a one-bedroom apartment?

You imagined him, huddled in a raggedy old blanket in the middle of a messy, dirty, old apartment, eyes sunken and hollow, his flesh tight against his bones from lack of food. Poor, penniless, without any help from his relatives, forced to work for the first time in his life, trying to make a living on odd jobs so he could be with you.

"I couldn't do that to him." You whispered. "I couldn't do something so selfish as to make him stay with me. I'm not.........I was NEVER..........a selfish person. It's best for both of us if we just...........went seperate ways."

Hyunseung looked at you with sad eyes. "I won't make a descision for you, but I still think that's a big mistake, ~~~~~~~~. But...........you do have a point."

He walked over and kissed your cheek. "You always had everyone's best interests at heart."

He pulled away and smiled at you softly. He hugged you, and you started crying.

Tears ran down your cheeks as you buried your head into his chest, sobs hacking at your chest. Hyunseung thankfully said nothing, but simply hugged you and brought you close to him. He smiled again. If this is all my relationship with ~~~~~~ is going to be..............I don't think I would mind. If I can't give her my love, at least I can give her my shoulder to cry on.

"I-I don't know what to d-do, Hyunseung." You sobbed. "I'm so confused. Everything is so confusing."

"Ssssh, I know." Hyunseung murmered, your hair. "It will be okay. You'll make the right descision in the end. You always do."

You didn't know if you would this time. You just didn't know.

**********************************************************************************************************************

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to God, I know I keep on saying this, but I WILL finish this story in like two or three days!!!