Chapter 34

That unique girl

“Doojoon-ah, does Naeun have any parents or relatives?” Hye In asked as she crossed her arms, deep in thought.

“No, why? She told me she was separated from her father when they were venturing in the forest. Since then, he never saw his father anymore. She was 9 then I guess,” DooJoon replied as he peeked out of his magazine and looked at Hye In.

“Yesterday, I accidentally saw a birthmark on her left thigh. My appa said that his daughter has a birthmark on her left thigh too,” Hye In told DooJoon as she frowned, thinking deeply.

“So you think there’s a possibility Naeun is your appa’s daughter?” DooJoon asked.

“Yes. She could be. Appa said he adopted me when I was 10 and when she lost his biological daughter, her daughter was only 9. Since Naeun is 1 years younger than me, she could be appa’s biological daughter!” Hye In reasoned out and squealed in excitement.

“Yah, Hye In-ah, don’t have too much hopes, she might not be,” DooJoon piped up.

“Tsk. Don’t you burst my bubble,” Hye In rolled her eyes before slumping onto the couch beside DooJoon.

“Hye in-ah, I heard from your appa that you have great cooking skills, when are you going to let me try it,” DooJoon asked as he wrapped his arms around Hye In.

“What? You probably heard wrongly,” Hye In tried to get up from the couch but DooJoon tightened his grasp around Hye In.

“Yah, you’re gonna cook for me some day later when the wedding ring wrap around your ring finger. Might as well let me taste them first,” DooJoon grinned at the thought.

“I never said I would marry you okay. And, my cooking skills isn’t meant for anyone except my appa, so no deal,” Hye In said.

“Really? But your appa invited me to your house next Wednesday for dinner eh. And that happens to be the day you promised your appa to cook for him,” DooJoon smirked, knowing that Hye In had no choice but to cook for him.

Hye In groaned. He forgot how cunning her bastard was.

“Oh well, prepare to vomit the hell out of you then,”

*At Hye In’s house

“Appa?” Hye In called out as she knocked on her appa’s room door.

“Hye In? Come on in,” Hye In’s appa said.

Hye In sat on her father’s bed as she fished out her phone. She browsed through  her gallery and found the picture she had taken with Naeun.

“Appa, do you know this girl? Or have you seen her before? Or does she looks familiar to you?” Hye In bombarded her father with questions.

“Wow, slow down, young lady, let me take a look first,” Hye In’s father chuckled.

He wore his glasses and glanced at the screen. His eyes narrowed a little before widening a fraction in recognition.

“She looks like my little girl,” Hye In’s appa whispered while frowning. Hye In’s eyes glimpse with hope. Naeun could really be her appa’s daughter!

“She’s one year younger than me and she also got separated from her father in the forest. She has a birth mark on her left thigh,” Hye In said.

“Bring her to see me yea?” Hye In’s appa asked.

“No problem!”

“Hye in-ah, gomawo.”

“no problem either,”

-

“Naeun-ah!” Hye In shouted as she ran towards her.

“Unnie! Why are you here?” Naeun asked.

“I want you to come to my house for dinner next Wednesday, is that okay?” Hye In asked.

“Oh? Is there any special thing going on? I think I would be able to go,” Naeun chirped cheerfully.

“Nothing particular. I’ll pick you up on next Wednesday then! Take this lunch box, I’ll be going then!” Hye In happily skipped away, heading towards her delivery van.

*In the delivery van*

“How was it?” DooJoon asked as Hye In got onto the van.

“She said she could go! I can’t wait for them to reunite!” Hye In exclaimed, high spirited.

“Aren’t you afraid of losing your appa again?” DooJoon asked, a little concerned.

“Of course not. I would be most happy if appa get to reunite with his own biological daughter,” Hye In shrugged nonchalantly.

DooJoon smiled. That’s his girl. So kind and loving and so much more DooJoon could do a whole list of things.

-

“Yah! Yoon DooJoon!” Hye In shouted as she trudged into their dorm.

“You never told me you’ve got a kiss scene in your drama you bastard,” Hye In was already dashing forward, trying to punch the hell out of DooJoon but was held back by HyunSeung and Yoseob.

DooJoon already had a really bad day and he thought he could deal with Hye In later. So he stood up and left for his bedroom.

Hye In’s eyes widened before narrowing. Now he’s going to ignore her? Great job, Yoon DooJoon.

“Now you’re going to ignore me?” Hye In’s voice came out as a whisper, so cold.

“Can’t you just leave me alone?! I’m tired enough!” DooJoon exploded in anger.

“Hyung!”

“Fine. I will leave you alone,” Hye In said simply before leaving.

*On the road*

Hye In told herself she was not going to lose her temper, she told herself she’s going to ignore him and leave him alone like he wants her to. Hye In clenched her fist. But then, on second thought, was it her fault? It was his job afterall. But he didn’t have to hide it from her. If he had told her honestly, she would have accepted it as it is. She couldn’t expect him to not do that scene right? But he chose not to. And she had to go and find out on her own, well, through DongHoon. She ruffled her hair in frustration. Why was love so damn hard? Or was it really just her in general that made love hard?

She didn’t know.

-

For the next few days, both of them didn’t contact each other, going on a cold fight. Hye In didn’t go to work, only lazing at home, browsing through food recipes and sleeping. She can’t help but glance at her phone every 5 minutes. But no, there was no text, no calls from DooJoon. Only from the other members asking her when she was going back to work. She had replied them she needed time to think and since she promised DooJoon she would leave him alone, she would do that.

She finally did gave up glancing at her phone and so she back to her bedroom, deciding  to take a nap before waking up to make dinner.

And because she didn’t go to work, she forgot today was Wednesday.

-

“RIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGG”

“Argh, who is it,” Hye In groaned as she picked up her phone.

“Unnie! Where are you?” Naeun’s voice came out of the phone and Hye In jumped up in shock.

“Holy ! I’m sorry, I forgot today’s Wednesday! I’ll go fetch you now! Wait for me!” Hye In hung up hastily and slipped on a t-shirt and jeans before rushing out to meet naeun.

-

“Naeun-ah! Mianheyo,” Hye In apologized as Naeun jumped onto the van.

“Gwenchanayo, but, unnie, did you and DooJoon oppa fight?” Naeun asked.

“Hmm, yea,”

“No wonder, he said he isn’t going to come and eat today,”

“Suit him. But I would have too much ingridients left. Do you have anyone that can replace that bastard?”

“Ah.. Nae,” Naeun suddenly became all shy.

“Who?”

“Taemin,”

“Taemin? You like him right? Do I need to pick him up?”

“Unnie! Erm, yea, he works at café chaplin,”

“Arasso,”

-

“Oppa!” Naeun exclaimed as Taemin hopped onto the van.

“Minnie? Oh, so it’s him, ha, you’ve got a keeper, Naeun-ah,” Hye In chuckled as Naeun blushed madly.

“Noona, you know Naeun?” Taemin asked as he grabbed Naeun’s hand.

“Yea, oh well, I think I’ve got to cook loads of meat then,” Hye In forced a smile as she saw how loving they are.

A part of her was hurting badly. DooJoon not wanting to come was like rejecting her all over again. Hye In sighed deeply, what could she do? Nothing.

*At Hye In’s house*

“Appa I’m b-,” Hye In stood at the door, frozen.

“Unnie, what are you doing here?” Naeun asked, puzzled.

Hye In quickly composed herself before walking into the house, acting as if nothing was wrong.

DooJoon was there.

But before Hye In could walk to the kitchen, she was dragged away by DooJoon and then in minutes, she was out of the door.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Hye In struggled but DooJoon was strong.

“Just shut up,” DooJoon said as he continued dragging Hye In.

“Don’t expect me to follow you. You wanted to be left alone,” Hye In was strong enough to get out of dooJoon’s grasp.

“I’m sorry okay. I was stressed out. I cancelled that kiss scene. Forgive me now?’ DooJoon said with no ounce of regret or sincerity in his voice.

“Don’t come and act and fake okay. It’s not about whether you’re going to do the Kiss scene. But because you didn’t even bother to tell me. If you did, I would, and definitely would accept it since it’s your job,” Hye In said as she felt tears going to emerge out of her eyes.

She didn’t know how to handle this situation. It’s obvious DooJoon isn’t even regretful or even want to apologize. It’s the first time she’s in this situation and eally, she was helpless.

DooJoon stepped forward and engulfed Hye In his hug. He can be assured that she loves him now.

“Hye In-ah, mianhe, I was just trying to see how you would react. You know we would fight over these things in the future, you must have mental preparation okay?” DooJoon kissed the top of Hye In’s head as he apologized sincerely this time.

“Okay,” Hye In nodded her head.

“So we’re okay now?”
 

“No, bastard. I’m not going to let you go like this,” Hye In said and before DooJoon could react, Hye In was running away.

DooJoon quickly caught up with Hye In and back hugged her.

“You’ll always be my bastard right?” Hye In asked suddenly.

“Of course, and you’ll always be my unique girl,”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s the end! I’m sorry I took so long. Remember to vote for BEAST on mnet and also melon. Anyway, I love all of you here. Your comments have always made my day. Your support has brought me thus far. And I couldn’t ask for anything more. Awesome subbies and readers! This is not the end! I would be starting another Exo fic but before that, I would be taking a rest and writing oneshots. Also, im going to work on my co-authored story, ‘forbidden love’, do check out when you have time! Remember to read Author’s note! Thank you once again for supporting That Unique Girl for so long. Without you all, this fic would be crap(although it already is). Thank You really really much! Please do check out my other stories!(Shamelssly advertising, sorry). Kamsahamida and tharanghaeyo!