Chapter 20

That unique girl

*At Hye In’s house*

“Hye In? What time are you going to take your dinner?” Jun Hye peeked into Hye In’s room. Hye In will lock herself in her own room, not talking to anyone and almost every night, skipping dinner. Her oppa and unnie was really worried about her as they thought something might have happened to her at work.

“Aniyo oppa, I will have dinner later, I’m still busy,” Hye In said, her eyes not once leaving the computer screen.

“What are you doing? Did something happened to you at work or something that made you lock yourself in your room?” Jun Hye’s tone was stern. He decided he had enough and certainly need to know what’s happening to Hye In. Being the protective brother, he would easily get worried about Hye In.

“Oppa, I’m just looking up some information and doing some planning for my friend. I’m really okay. Work was great too. The boys were good to me and they were really sweet. Don’t worry, I’m really okay,” Hye In finally turned around and spoke to her brother. She faked a smile, trying to cover her uneasiness.

“You don’t seem to be happy to be doing this?” Dang, Jun Hye saw through that smile.

“Of course I am happy doing this! You know I love helping others,” Hye in tried to sound all cheery and happy.

“O..kay then don’t stay up too late too,” Jun Hye said and then left Hye In’s room. Hye In sighed a deep one. Luckily Jun Hye bought that or she wouldn’t know what to reply anymore.

-

As Jun Hye left the room, he was frowning deeply and he knew there was definitely something wrong. Hye In was always willing to help others but sometimes she just don’t know how to turn people down. That was one of her weak point. She still have many, and they will be revealed as the story goes on…

“Is everything okay with Hye In?” Hae Yeon asked as she saw Jun Hye’s worried expression.

“I think there’s something that she’s hiding from me you know… She sometimes help people with things that she don’t really want to do,” Jun Hye mumbled, deep in thought.

“You mean she’s helping someone willingly yet not something she would really like to help?” Hae Yeon ried to digest what Jun Hye just said.

“I think so, after all these years experience, I can say that my thinking can be correct,” Jun Hye said still deep in thought.

“I will go talk to her about it later on maybe? Now, you go take a bath and finish your work,” Hae Yeon commanded Jun Hye as though she was his mother.

“Arasso, omma,” Jun Hye joked. Hae Yeon only rolled her eyes and then pushed Jun Hye’s clothes to him.

-

“Hmm, this would do!” Hye In exclaimed, happy that she had finished what she promised. She had booked a restaurant for Naeun. The restaurant was quiet and very less people would go there at night. The best thing was that there is a back garden behind the restaurant and she could easily set up something there for Naeun. She had already negotiated the price with the manager and the price was the lowest already. She bought lights, decorations and fake flowers to decorate the place for Naeun beforehand so that Naeun would have enough time to prepare herself and put on her best front for DooJoon.

“I guess this is all I can do, the rest would be up to her,” Hye in mumbled softly to herself. But she was still feeling uneasy about this idea. She knew that deep inside her, she had fallen for DooJoon and she could no longer deny it. But what if DooJoon really accept Naeun’s confession, would she be able to take it and continue working for BEAST? Or would she quit the job and go back being the delivery girl? These questions rang inside her head for these past 2 weeks and Hye In still haven’t figured out the answer. Well, we would only know what will happen after this whole thing happen. For now she could only wait for the day to come.

*After one hour*

“Whoosh! This is so refreshing!” Hye In smiled, dropping herself on her soft bed.

“Hye In?” Hae Yeon peeked into Hye In’s room.

“Unnie? Is there something I can help you?” Hye In quickly got out of bed to open her door for Hae Yeon to come into her room.

“Yes, there is something you can help me. Tell me what’s wrong or your oppa will keep giving me those face that I don’t want to look at,” Hae Yeon said, quite bluntly.

“But there’s nothing wrong…” Hye In trailed off, debating with herself whether to tell or not.

“Are you sure? You know you can’t lie,” Hae Yeon said.

Hye In sighed in defeat, “Ara ara, haiz…”

And Hye In started telling Hae Yeon what she have been feeling and about everything. She literally spilled her heart out to Hae Yeon. After saying all that she had bottled up, she felt so much better. It was like the stone in her heart was lifted up.

Hae Yeon nodded her head knowingly before smiling at Hye In.

“This is a stage you would have to go through. What you can do is to wait and see what happens before deciding what you want to do. Just don’t worry about anything until that day comes nae?” Hae Yeon placed her hand on Hye In’s.

Hye In nodded her head uncertainly before giving Hae Yeon a slight smile. Hae Yeon smiled back before tucking Hye In in bed like Hye In was a little girl. She then left the room, a smile unknowingly forming on her face.

This is something someone in love would have to go through.

*The next day at the hair salon*
“Here, take this and read it, you have to get yourself ready by 6 okay? You have to ask DooJoon to pick you up too. The other things you would not need to worry. I will help you get everything ready and done,” Hye In handed Naeun her plan.

“Unnie,gomawoyo!!!” Naeun hugged Hye In tightly before skipping away happily. Hye in sighed, looking down before turning around and to be greeted by a wide eyed Yoseob.

“Yah! What the hell?” Hye In scolded Yoseob for scaring her.

“Hehe, mianhe. What were you and Naeun talking about?” Yoseob asked.

“None of your business, now get back inside the salon before stylist unnie whack you again.”  Hye In pushed Yoseob into the hair salon.

*3 days later*

“I would have to leave earlier today, hyung,” Hye In told manager hyung.

“Oh, arasso,” manager hyung nodded before walking away to gather the boys.

Today was the day Hye In dreaded. She woke up today, thinking that it was going to be the day her heart will get damaged and hurt again. Why would DooJoon not like N aeun? Naeun was beautiful. She has those big twinkling eyes, slim and appropriate figure, rosy and round cheeks, long silky hair. Who wouldn’t fall for her? In  the end Hye In just go out of bed, slightly depressed.

*At 3 in the afternoon*

“Noona, take care! See you!” DongWoon, Yoseob and GiKwang chorused. Jun Hyung and Hyun Seung both greeted Hye In too. The only person who didn’t was DooJoon. Well, he didn’t want to. He didn’t want Hye in to leave so early.

Hye In climbed onto the delivery van and set off to collect the things she had ordered.

After collecting all the stuff, she drove to the restaurant and immediately start work. She decorated the trees with lights and beautiful decorations. She set up the table such that there was flower petals on the side and the cutleries were nicely placed. She didn’t stop a second to rest. She was definitely ahead of time but… she just wanted to end this quickly.

After 2 hours of hard work, the place finally done. And it was beautiful, really really beautiful. The trees were adorned with decorations while the table was nicely set up. Hye In thought that nothing was going to go wrong for Naeun. Key word: for Naeun.

Hye In texted Naeun to tell her that she was ready and that anytime she could come.

And she left to tell the workers of the place what to do. She told them to just place some soothing music as the background music and that would be enough. And the rest, she could only wait.

*Naeun’s side*

“Oppa, can you pick me up at 5:45?” Naeun asked excitedly.

“Sure, see you then,” DooJoon replied smiling and then left. Naeun squealed in delight as she anticipate tonight’s event.

*At 6*

“Wow, you prepared this?” DooJoon widened his eyes at the scene in front of him. It was so beautiful. Everything was beautiful.

“N-nae” Naeun stuttered a little, feeling uneasy to lie. Hye In had told Naeun not to say that hye in was the one that had prepared everything.

They walked towards the tble and being the gentleman, DooJoon pulled out the chair for Naeun to sit before going to his sit.

The appetizer soon came up and they ate with much laughter. They talked about many things. About their past and things that were funny. Hye In had hid behind the big tree, listening to their conversation, her heart pumping frenziedly, almost breaking through her sternum.

After the appetizer, while they wait for the main course to be served, Naeun decided o confess.

 

“DooJoon oppa, I have something to tell you,” Naeun was trying so hard to control her crazily beating heart.

“What is it?”

“I-I think I have fallen in love with you…” Naeun finally said it out. And at this moment, everything was silent. Hye In could hear her own heart beating like war drums. She caught sight of the workers going to serve the food up and immediately signaled for them to go away first.

What was more important now was the answer.

 

 

“I’m sorry, but I can’t return your feelings. I only love you as my dongsaeng,”

 

 

These words pierced trough Naeun’s heart like knives and Naeun was trying so hard to control her tears but she just can’t and they finally find their way out of her big twinkling eyes. Upon seeing Naeun cry, Hye in’s heat ached at the sight of it and immediately ran out to embrace Naeun. DooJoon’s eyes widened at the sight of Hye In. Hye In ignored DooJoon and led Naeun to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, Naeun finally calmed down. She looked up, and smiled at Hye in, glad that there was still someone there for her. She smiled at Hye In sweetly and gave her a big and warm hug.

“I can’t thank you enough. Don’t feel sorry. It’s absoulutely okay that I got my heart broken. Tis is a process that I must go through. I will recover, don’t worry,” Naeun said.

“But I really can’t face DooJoon oppa now, so can you help me say goodbye to him?” Naeun asked. Hye In nodded and hugged Naeun again, muttering comforting words to her.

Hye In then walked out to meet DooJoon.

“Yah, how could you hurt her like that? Don’t you like her?” Hye In yelled at DooJoon the moment she saw him.

“If you hadn’t set up this, why would she confess and get herself hurt?” DooJoon retorted.

“It wasn’t my idea!”

“But you helped her with it!”

Hye In glared at DooJoon and stormed off without another word.

‘So it’s my fault now? What the hell? That stupid bastard. What is wrong with him?’ Hye In mumbled under her breath as she walked towards the delivery van.

She climbed onto it and drove out into the cold night. She was beyond furious. It wasn’t even her fault. If he hadn’t rejected Naeun, Naeun wouldn’t have cried. Hye In mumbled strings of curses under her breath, still very deep in thought. And she still didn’t even notice there was a car in front of her.

There was a moment of blinding light.

And then everything went pitch black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Readers and subbies! I’m back!!!! Woohoo! How was this chapter? It’s the 20th chapter!! I didn’t know it would end up as the longer chapter I had ever wrote. I can’t wait to write what will happen next!! I’m sure you all are anticipating the next chapter?  It wouldn’t be long now that I’m free from examinations. Readers and subbies, THARANGHAEYO!!!! *Sends flying kisses and hugs* You all are the best! I really really love you all! Hope you enjoyed! And also, sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes!