Chaptor 30

That unique girl

“What happened?” Jong Soo timidly asked as Hye In finally calmed down after her crying session. Hye In felt somewhat embarrassed as she had never showed anyone her crying image before.

“My appa… claimed that he had found his biological daughter and he started becoming cold towards me. But in fact, the person who was suppose to be appa’s daughter was just a gold digger. She wasn’t his biological daughter at all. When I found out, I was about to punch her in the fac but had stopped halfway, knowing that violence wouldn’t work on a , but that little brat, acted as though I’ve punched her so badly when there’s not even a single injury on her face. And, that effing Yoon DooJoon believed her. Fine, as long as I don’t see him ever again,” Hye In explained, and her face grew red with anger as she came to an end. She was fuming mad, disappointed and mostly, hurt. How could he have believed in that instead of her? Or was it that she was just so untrustable? Maybe.

The hyungs know fully well that Hye In loved he appa and that she must have been deeply hurt and scarred. Her appa was the light of her life, and now that he’s gone from her life, her heart must have been pitch dark, where no sin of light is seen. And, of course, Yoon DooJoon. Although Hye In didn’t showed her emotions, they already knew how he had hurt her and that everything DooJoon had tried to build up with Hye In was crushed down, because of him. Well, he couldn’t blame anybody. And particularly, Dong Hoon was slightly too agitated.

“WHAT DID HE DO? HE HURT OUR PRECIOUS PRINCESS?!” Dong Hoon exploded and jumped out of his seat.

“Hyung, sit down,” Hye In tugged the end of Dong Hoon’s sleeves, gesturing for him to sit down.

“How can he do that?”Jin Suk hyung, who had warned DooJoon, was utterly disappointed, which was quite obvious in his low voice.

“All of you have to calm down. Hye In didn’t do anything, so why are you all so agitated?” SooKyung hyung tried to calm all of them down. Athough he could feel his blood boiling and ears turning red.

“Hyungs, noona, I think it time to sleep,”

Hye In was very much relived by Jong Soo’s random statement. She could see how tired he was. He was just plain adorable at times like that.

“Alright, I think we should let Hye In take her rest, let’s go now,” Jin Suk hyung stood up and ushered all of them out of the door.

Hye In smiled gratifyingly at Jin Suk and Jong Soo before walking them out.

“Take care, don’t think too much arasso? We’ll talk to Joon Ki about cancelling our contract with them,” SooKyung gave a somewhat forced smile.

How could they smile in this situation?

“Let’s beat him into pulp tomorrow! I hate his guts so much now,” Dong Hoon started showing off some punching moves, which immediately got a whack in the head.

“You don’t hate his guts. You just hate him,” Jong Soo rolled his eyes which caused Hye In to show a small smile.

“Arasso, send Jong Soo back home safely, get on the road now, it’s late,” Hye In said as she waved to them. They looked a little unsure but walked towards their individual van anyway.

Hye In sighed, a heavy one and returned back into the office.

Apparently, depression and loneliness had tracked Hye In down. Hye In was about to get milk from the refrigerator when they came upon her quietly, and they flank her. Depression on her left and loneliness on her right. It’s been years since they had visited her, but she knows them too well, and only greeted them as a close friend.

“Why are you all here?” Hye In asked Loneliness.

“Aren’t you happy to meet us?” Loneliness smart talked yet again.

“If only you weren’t called Loneliness, maybe I would be,” Hye In glared at Loneliness.

“Oh, just go away, I don’t need you all here to break me apart yet again. The last crying session I had a few years ago was enough to scare you all away, so If you don’t want to experience again, leave,” Hye In said.

“I’m sorry, but we can’t. We have to follow you all along until you can find happiness to scare us away,” Depression, the oh-so-professional one said.

“I’d really rather you rest and not follow me around,” Hye In snapped, but they only shrugged, looking both nonchalant and slightly apologetic.

They then empty Hye In’s pocket of any remaining joy Hye In still had left. When they found nothing, they were indeed pleased.

“Very well, you should have known we would be visiting since you have no joy of defense wih you,” Depression smirked. Pure evil.

Hye In walked away and up the stairs, hoping they would leave her alone. But they never. Depression had slung his hand onto her shoulders while Loneliness held her right hand tightly. Hye In sighed, knowing that if he don’t find happiness soon, these guys would only continue to harass her.

“Just go,”

But Loneliness gave a dark smile before settling down at the chair, he puts his feet up on the table and lights a cigar, filling the placc with awful smoke. Depression watched silently and sighed. He, who was polite, sat down on the nearest broken chair and fell asleep while Hye In could only watch them quietly, before turning in on the couch. They have once again visited her.

The next morning, when Hye In woke up, Depression and Loneliness had left, leaving a mental note to her that they would be back soon. Hye In sighed. How annoying can they be?

Hye In dragged her feet down the stairs and went down to prepare herself. She looked into the mirror and was shocked. She looked exactly like a panda. She had dark circles around her eyes and a rather heavy eye bag. Her hair was a mess, with tangled all around. It must be a prank Depression played on her. Hye In sighed for the umpteenth time.

She splashed her face with water and started getting ready.

Not even before she could finish preparing, loneliness returned back. Hye In rolled her eyes in annoyance and ignored Loneliness, knowing that he would harass her again.

Hye In’s phone rang loudly, Yoseob’s voice reverberating off the walls.

*Phonecall*

Hye In: Yobosaeyo?

Naeun:Unnie! I’m back! Let’s meet alright?

Hye In: You’re back! Alright, at café chaplin okay?

Naeun: No problem!

*End of phonecall*

“I’ve got a feeling you’re trying to chase me away using your friend,” Loneliness stated.

“It’s what I’m planning to do,”

“You know there’s still depression,”

Hye In rolled her eyes again.

*At café chaplin*

“Unnie!” Naeun waved cheerfully, which brought a small smile onto Hye In’s face. Depression weakened, while Loneliness was called away.

“Omo! Unnie! What happened to you? Haven’t you been sleeping?” Naeun exclaimed when she saw Hye In.

“I did. But no worries, I can deal with it. When did you get back?” Hye In asked while ordering a cup of hot chocolate.

“Yesterday! I missed seoul so much! The weather here is so much better!” Naeun smiled and involuntarily, Hye In smiled too. Depression was sulking and Hye In almost smiled even wider, but couldn’t.

The weather had started turning colder. The wind was blowing strongly and Hye In was clear that winter was approaching. It was even more impossible for her to feel warmth in her soul when in her heart and surrounding, it’s getting so cold.

“Unnie, gwenchanayo? You seem a bit off today,” Naeun asked, her eyes filled with worries.

“Gwenchanayo.”

“Cheongmal?”

“Nae,”

“Aniyo, your eyes doesn’t have the usual spark anymore, you know you can tell me anything,” Naeun pointed a finger at Hye In, forcing Hye In to spill out her problems.

And so Hye In did.

“What?!” Naeun slammed the table and jumped up. Everyone looked at her weirdly. She immediately bowed apologetically before sitting down.

“I’m so going to teach him a lesson,” Naeun said as she tried to fish out her phone.

Hye Input her rough hands on Naeun’s delicate ones.

“Don’t, the fact that he didn’t even try to call shows that he don’t even bother anymore, no use calling him and scolding his head off,”

Naeun only nodded, agreeing.

 

 

 

What Hye In didn’t know was that the rest of BEAST members had confiscated DooJoon’s things.

“You don’t need these things if you can even hurt noona,” Yoseob stated, knowing that his own noona, Haeyeon, would kill him if she knew.

“I didn’t mean to, I just…” DooJoon trailed off.

“You what? That punch was definitely not enough.” GiKwang glared daggers at DooJoon, causing DooJoon to flinch.

DooJoon sighed. Everyone had been cold towards him ever since that incident, even manager hyung who was always fond of Hye In.

“You should think through what exactly had you done,” manager hyung said.

DooJoon was stressed out. He didn’t even know why he had snapped at Hye In. How was he that stupid?

“Why isn’t there any injuries on her face then? You know noona has great skills. Why is noons’s hand in mid air then, would you put your hand in mid air after punching someone?” Dong Woon had pointed out, knocking some sense into him.

DooJoon put his head in his hands. He knew his messed up bigtime. And that If he was feeling this miserable, Hye In would feel ten times worst than him. He knew it would be hard to get Hye In back, but he was going to try no matter what. He wouldn’t just give up like that. But at this moment, he was too busy with his dance practices and didn’t have time. Though Hye In was always on his mind.

“N-noona?” DooJoon’s head shot up when he heard yoseob’s voice. But from the looks of it, it isn’t Hye In.

“Hye In noona? Uh,  she didn’t pick up your call? Erm, she didn’t come to work today,” Yoseob stuttered. Although he was mad at DooJoon, he still wouldn’t want his leader to be beaten up by Jun Hye.

“Yea, okay,” Yoseob let out a sigh of relief which he didn’t know he was holding.

“Yoon DooJoon, you better fix up soon, or you’ll be dead,” Yoseob coldly said and walked pass him.

DooJoon was really thankful and he knew he would have to fix up soon.

Really soon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This might be the last update until October. I may update next Saturday, for one last time, and then I’ll be gone. Tomorrow’s my exam, oh my god, I didn’t revise much, what am I suppose to do? I hope you’ll enjoy this update, annyeong! Stay healthy!

Note: The blue part isn't really my own idea. I had read it in the book "Eat Pray Love" chapter 16. I had copied some, and changed some. So its partly mine and partly not.