Chapter 16

That unique girl

*On the same day after dance practice*

“Noona, you forgave DooJoonie hyung just like that?” Jong Soo asked with a questioning look on his face.

“I guess so? He looked really sincere so…” Hye In trailed off, not wanting to continue this awkward conversation.

#Beep Beep#

“Omo! ! I need to go and fetch Taeyeon now! I’m going off first nae?” Jong Soo looked at his watch and panicked.

“Arasso, arasso, now quickly go before she whacks you on the head,” Hye In said jokingly before sending Jong Soo off.

“Noonaaaaa, where is Jong Soo going?” Dong Woon asked with his aegyo. Upon seeing this, Hye In smiled and pinched Dong Woon’s cheek.

“He needs to go fetch his girlfriend already, now, get on the van,” Hye In replied and got onto the van.

“Why are you all sitting behind? There’s one more extra place for one of you, why don’t any of you come and sit? I thought you all always complained about not getting to sit on the front seat?” Hye In asked, raising an eyebrow while looking at them through the mirror.

“Because we are scared that hyung will kill us for it,” Yoseob immediately blurted before hiding behing Hyun Seung.

“Yah! Why would I kill you?!” DooJoon sensed something wrong with them and he knew they were up to something.

“Aish! Yoon DooJoon! Stop shouting!” Hye In scolded DooJoon and drove off.

“Who are you to stop me from shouting?” DooJoon asked Hye In, half joking.

“I am your driver so you better put on the seat belt and seat properly or I can kill you any time by crashing all of us into a tree,” Hye In replied, not looking at Doojoon.

“Geez, like I’ll ever let you kill me,” DooJoon mumbled to himself before putting on his seat belt. Hye In heard what he said and a small smile crept onto her face. Not too wide to be seen by other people, but enough to let DooJoon see.

*I’ll make you fall for me, Hye In ah,* DooJoon thought and smiled. He knew that this girl will be someone who will keep his heart forever from now on.

*When they reached B2ST’s dormitory*

“, I’m hungry,” JunHyung said while he frowned.

“Aigoo, poor stomach, I’m sorry I can’t take good care of you,” Yoseob acted dramatically. GiKwang whacked Yoseob on the head and said “Stop acting like that, it’s strange,”

“Yeah yeah, arasso hyung nim!” Yoseob laughed out loud when he saw GiKwang’s expression when he called him hyung. It was priceless!

“Yah! I’m not that old! You are even older than me!” GiKwang pouted.”

“Geez, but I’m cuter than you. I am the aegyo king after all,” Yoseob said playfully and got a death glare from GiKwang.

“Aish, stop quarrelling will you? I’ll go get you all some supper than,” Hye In said and got on the van wordlessly.

*At the food stall*

“Kamsahamida Ajusshi!” Hye In said and left the food stall. Just as she was going to walk towards the delivery van, she heard a soft bark coming from the dark alley.

*I think I just heard a bark?* Hye In thought before turning towards the source of sound. She then found out that it was actually coming from the dark alley. She then walked towards the alley, not even thinking if there’s any danger. Well, she probably wouldnnt face any danger since she would beat anyone who wants to attack her up.

She walked deeper and deeper into the alley .When she reached the end of the alley, she found that there was actually a dog with many scars and wounds. Hye In’s eyes widened and immediately ran toward it. She picked it up gently and it gently and softly like it was a new-born baby. Just as she was going to leave the alley with a dog, a drunk man came walking towards her.

“Hey little girl, come here,” the drunk man said while he swayed side to side, hand holding a bottle of soju.

“You better get out of my way or I’ll beat the of you!” Hye In glared at the drunk man darkly.

“Oh really? I’m going to see how you will beat me up,” the drunk man smirked and walked towards Hye In. He is probably trying to seek death. Hye In then went to the back of the alley and put the dog back inside the cardboard and place the supper down onto the floor. She walked boldly up towards the man and kick him in the stomach.

“What the ! Little girl! Don’t test me!” the drunk man got up and swayed a little before pushing Hye in harshly, causing Hye In to fall on something hard and scratch her arm.

“You son of a !”Hye In immediately got up and used her Akido skills to defend herself from the drunk man who tried to punch her. She dragged the man’s arm who was going to punch her and made him fell flat on his face. The drunk man stirred a little before passing out.

“This is what you get when you mess with me,” Hye In mumbled before walking towards the dog and picked it up together with the food and walked out of the alley. Hell, she didn’t even feel the blood dripping from her arm which was slashed by a nail when she fell.

*At B2ST’s dormitory*

“Why is she not back yet? Has something happened to her?” DooJoon walked around the house insecurely. He was worried that something bad had happened to her. He could no longer take it and went to grab his jacket and cap. Just as he opened the door, he met face to face with Hye in at the door. He saw her carrying a dog and packets of food.

“What took you so long?” DooJoon asked while he took the packets of food from her hand and opening the door wide for her to enter.

“This little thing ,” Hye In pointed at the wounded dog in her hand.

“Omo, why is it hurt?” Doojoon’s eyes widened as he looked at the poor little dog.

“I don’t know, do you have a pail or something to let me bath it?”  Hye In asked.

“Yea I have, it’s in the bathroom come with me,” DooJoon replied and led Hye in to the bathroom. He took out the pail and filled it with warm water. Hye In put the dog inside the pail of water slowly. The dog shivered a little before slowly getting used to the temperature of the water. Hye In then started the dog’s fur while trying not to touch those wounds. Doojoon smiled at the sight of her being so careful. But when he noticed that there was blood on the bathroom floor, he perked up.

“Jung Hye In! Your hands are bleeding!” doojoon yelled at Hye in before helping her to get up.

“Yah where are you dragging me to? I still need to clean the dog!” Hye In pulled her un-hurt hand out of DooJoon’s grasp.

“Dong Woon, GiKwang, Yoseob, Hyun seung, Jun Hyung!” DooJoon shouted and the 5 boys immediately appeared at the door of the bathroom.

“Omo! What a cute dog!” Dong Woon exclaimed and walked into the bathroom.

“Can  you help clean it up?”  DooJoon asked.

‘’Of Course! Why not?” Dong Woon replied.

“It’s hurt you see,” Hye In replied.

“I can clean it!” Yoseob raised his hands up high and also went into the bathroom. And soon, they were all quarrelling about who should clean it.

“Yah! I don’t care who is going to clean it, be gentle to it and start cleaning it!” DooJoon shouted at them and dragged Hye In out of the bathroom.

“Sit down here! Don’t you dare move!” DooJoon froze Hye In with his seriousness and went to get the first aid box.

*Why so serious? It’s not that painful after all,* Hye In thought.

DooJoon came back with the first aid box in his hands and he sat on the right of Hye In. he took out pieces of cotton and poured iodine solution on them. He put Hye in’s arm on his lap and begin putting the iodine solution on the place where she was wounded.

“How did you get hurt?” Doojoon asked while he applied the medication.

“I guess when I got push by a drunk man in the alley,” Hye In replied nonchalantly.

“What? Are you hurt anywhere else?” DooJoon looked at Hye in worryingly.

“Aniyo, it’s only my hand. He’s no match with me,” Hye in said reassuringly. Doojoon sighed in relief, relief that Hye In wasn’t hurt.

“Okay, it’s done, just remember to apply medication it regularly,” DooJoon said while he kept the iodine solution inside the first aid box.

“Arasso, DooJoon ajusshi,” Hye In teased a little and received a playful glare from DooJoon.

“You are clean now!” Dong Woon said loudly as he brought the dog which was nestled in his arms out.

“How is it?” Hye in immediately got up from the couch and walked towards Dong Woon to get the dog from him.

“It’s okay, just that I don’t think the wounds will heal soon,” DongWoon replied.

“I think I’ll bring it to the vet tomorrow,’ Hye In said while she the dog’s head gently.

“Do you have a basket or something to let it to sleep in?’ Hye In asked.

“I’ll go get the basket!”

“I’ll go get the cloth!”

“I’ll go get the small pillow!”

The three younger ones shouted and went separate ways to get the things. Hye in chuckled at the sight of them and said to the dog, “You should be thankful that I brought you back,” Upon seeing Hye in like this, Doojoon smiled at Hye In’s cuteness.

*How can someone be so caring?* He thought and chuckled lightly.

After settling the dog in bed, Hye In said, “You all should give it a name, since you all are the ones who bathed it,”

“Brownie!”

“Cutie!”

Dong Woon and Yoseob said together.

“Why not call it Alley since it was found in the alley?” DooJoon suggested.

“Yeah! That’s a good name!” Hye in agreed instantly.

“Okay then, it’s Alley from now on!” Hyun Seung suddenly blurted.

Every one of them looked at him weirdly before all of them burst out in laughter at Hyun Seung’s sudden statement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I I hope you all enjoyed this update! I don’t know if it came out good or not but the idea of having a dog in the story just popped inside my head. Anyway, I’m going to take an exam next week! Wish me luck! I love all of you! Readers and subbies! Saranghaeyo!!!