Chapter 21

That unique girl

*On the road*

“ Omo! What happened here? Quickly call the paramedics! Jagiya!”

A pair of couple was walking on the street after their date, only to be greeted by this scene. The lady immediately fished out her phone from her handbag and dialed for the paramedics while the man got onto the black Ferrari that crashed into Hye In. Luckily, the driver of the Ferrari was not badly injured. But… in Hye in’s case, she was bleeding profusely. The driver seat was covered with blood and she had scratches everywhere. Her once white skin was now bloody red, blood trickled slowly down her forehead as though taking a stroll. She was not at all in a good condition.

Soon enough, the ambulance’s wailing sound could be heard even kilometers away. The paramedics took out stretchers and other kinds of machines to check for any sign of life in the driver and Hye In. They were then brought into the ambulance and sent to the hospital.

*At the hospital*

“It’s Hye In!” Mrs Kim exclaimed when she saw the distinctive features of Hye In.

“Get her into the op room immediately!” Doctor Kim shouted, he was also in a panic state. It was the first time he had ever seen Hye In in such a critical state.

“Yeobo, you have to save her,” Mrs Kim was on the verge of tearing up. She was fighting so hard to keep the tears from escaping. Doctor Kim nodded in sheer determination and then immediately set off to the operation room.

*I have to call Hye In’s father* Mrs Kim thought and dashed to call Hye In’s father.

~After 30 minutes~

“WHERE’S HYE IN?!” Jun Hye shouted so loud that all the attention was turned to him.

“She’s still in the emergency operation room, I’ll lead you all to the waiting room,” Mrs Kim relied as she led them to the waiting room.

“What happened to Hye In?!” Jun Hye asked Mrs Kim.

“I think she got into a car accident. She crashed with a black Ferrari. It was said that the black Ferrari driver was drunk and drove into the wrong lane hence crashing with Hye In.” Mrs Kim explained.

Jun Hye slumped down onto the sofa and put his head in his hands. He can’t lose Hye In, he can’t.

“I think we ought to call BEAST?” Hae Yeon asked as she put a hand on Jun Hye’s shoulder. Jun Hye nodded gingerly, not uttering anything. Hae Yeon then stepped away to make the call.

*The phonecall*

Hae Yeon: Yoseobie? It’s noona. There’s something BEAST need to know.

Yoseob: Noona! What is the something?

Hae Yeon: Hye In is now in the hospital in a very critical condition

Yoseob: B-BWOH?! What happened?!

Hae Yeon: Just come to the hospital now

Yoseob: A-arasso

*End of phonecall*

Hae yeon walked back to the waiting room with a heavy heart. How could this happen? She’s going to ask DooJoon for an explanation.

*At BEAST’s Dormitory*

“HYUNG! WE NEED TO GET TO THEHOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!!!” Yoseob made use of his excellent vocal and his voice reverberated around the dormitory.

“Wae?!” the other BEAST members chorused.

“Noona’s in the hospital now, quick let’s go!” Yoseob darted out of the dormitory before the other BEAST members could respond.

“BWOH?!” the others shouted after digesting what they heard and the one who shouted the loudest was of course DooJoon.

“PPALI!!” Yoseob shouted at them. They came back to their sense and immediately grab their caps and sunglasses with them.

*At the hospital*

“Noona! How is Hye In noona?!” Yoseob dashed into the waiting room and yelled.

“She’s still in the emergency operation room,” Hae Yeon replied shortly. All of them weren’t in their best mood. Hye In has been in the operation room for a really long time already but there was still no news of her. Hae Yeon then stood up and dragged DooJoon out of the room.

“What happened at your date with Naeun?” Hae Yeon questioned.

“How did you know?” DooJoon asked.

“Just answer me,”

“I… I scolded Hye In for helping Naeun with the date…” DooJoon looked down at his feet guiltily. He knew he did something really bad now as he was sure part of this was his fault.

“Bwoh?! What is wrong with you? She had only wanted to help and didn’t you know this would hurt her feelings?” Hae yeon scolded DooJoon or his immaturity.

“Mianhe…”

“Don’t say that to me, say that to Hye In. If anything happen to her, her oppa wouldn’t let you off,” Hae yeon said harshly and stormed off into the waiting room.

DooJoon just stood there, thinking of what he had done. If only he had not blame Hye In for what happened, this wouldn’t happen. If only he was a little conscious of her feelings, she wouldn’t be in the operation room. If only he took the blame uupon himself, Hye In would be fine. But now, it was all too late. He was sure if anything happened to Hye In, he wouldn’t forgive himself too, moreover, he hadn’t confessed his feelings to Hye In yet.

*Jung Hye In, you can’t leave us behind, you just can’t* DooJoon thought as he felt his insides twist and turn inside him.

He went back inside the waiting room and sat down on the couch, head in his hands, tears threatening to fall.

“Hyung, noona would be fine,” Dong Woon had walked over to DooJoon and comforted him. All of them knew DooJoon had feelings for Hye In and knew he must be feeling really bad now since Hye In was in the stage between Life and Death.

They waited and waited and waited, until…

“How is she?!” Jun Hye was the first to shoot out of his seat to ask Doctor Kim.

“She is fine now.”

HaeYeon broke into to tears of happiness when she heard this. Jun Hye was hugging HaeYeon while mumbling prayer of thanks to god, relieved that he didn’t take his most beloved sister away.

“But we don’t know when she will wake up as it was a terrible accident. She may have to stay in the hospital for quite a while, please do contact your father Jun Hye-ah,” Doctor Kim placed a comforting hand on Jun Hye’s shoulder.

“Can we go visit her?” Jun Hye asked nervously, cold sweat trickling down his forhead as though taking a stroll.

“Yes you may, but two at a time, when she is transferred to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU),” Doctor Kim replied and walked away, he himself sighing in relief. Jun Hye bowed politely before slowly walking to the ward. On the other hand, BEAST members were all very relieved too that Hye In was alright. They then followed behind Jun Hye and HaeYeon to Hye In’s ward.

*At the ward*

“Hye In-ah, you scared your oppa and unnie to death do you know that? How can you be so careless? You clumsy girl,look what you did to yourself? You are now cover with cuts and bruises that shouldn’t be there to cover your natural beauty. Wake up soon sweetheart,” Jun Hye held Hye In’s tightly in his as he caressed her hands, hoping Hye In would hear him.

“Hye In-ah, wake up soon nae? You need to feed Alley, Alley would miss you so much, so do we, look at your cute dongsaengs, they would want you well and healthy, so wake up soon okay?” Hae Yeon whispered, each word bringing sorrow and bitterness into the atmosphere. She touched the bandages that wrapped Hye In and soon tears started falling as her heart ache for her beautiful dongsaeng. Jun Hye walked up to Hae Yeon and hugged her tightly and brought her out of the ward.

Then, Hyun Seung and Jun Hyung went in. They also talked to Hye In, in between adding in some jokes.

After that, her two dongsaengs went in and lighten the atmosphere for her, knowing that she liked people being happy.

And then, they let GiKwang go in first, GiKwang danced some moves for her, hoping that she would wake up and compliment him on his moves.

And lastly, it’s DooJoon’s turn. DooJoon walked in slowly, as though afraid that walking too quickly would disturb Hye In. She reached Hye In’s bedside and sat on the chair beside it. She slowly, really slowly, took her hand, and was a little startled at her cold hands. Soon, his warm hands warmed up her cold ones. For a period of time, he only stared at Hye In, listening to her slow breathing and beeping of the machine. Then, he moved his hands to the bandages that embraced Hye In. He then begun muttering apologies that could probably be heard by Hye In and the silence that surrounded them.

“Hye In-ah, mianhe, jinja mianhe, cheongmal mianhe, cheongmal cheongmal mianhe.  I didn’t know my words had bothered you and hurt you. I’m so sorry, really sorry okay? You have to wake up soon, so that you can hear my apology and… confession. I just want you to know my feelings now that I know how fast you could probably slip out of my life. So wake up soon, jebal, wake up soon,” DooJoon said as his grip on Hye In’s hand tightened at every single sentence.

Hye In, wake up soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m sorry I’m such a lazy bum and an awful writer for not updating!! Jaesonghamida!!!! Please forgive me! Jebal! And also, ICU is a ward that is specially for those patients that are in emergency conditions, I don’t know if other countries have but my country do. Anyone knows what ICU is? And Hae Yeon is Yoseob’s noona, yes she is. I used the real name. If you search on the internet, Hae Yeon is really Yoseob’s noona’s name. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! I hope I didn’t let you all down… I will try to update as soon as possible!! Kamsahamida and Tharranghaeyo all my subbies and readers!! *Sends flying kisses and hugs to all my subbies and readers*