Chapter 22

That unique girl

*At the hospital*

It’s been 1 week now. But Hye In was still lying on the bed, motionless. Some bandages was removed, only to reveal her bruised-filled body. The blues and blacks on her body showed how much damage the accident has caused her. DooJoon went there to visit her every single day without fail. He talked to her, sing for her, rap for her, and sometimes, he was already on the verge of tears, seeing Hye In giving no reply to him. But he’ll never give up, he’ll wait till the day Hye In wake up once again and then, he would never let her slip out of his life again.

“Hey, how are you?” DooJoon walked in and whispered. He then leaned in to kiss her on her forehead, taking in her rosy scent.

“You smell like rose today.How about you wake up and I show you some real rose?” DooJoon spoke to Hye In while he held her hand tightly yet gently.

“Don’t you think you’ve been sleeping for a little too long? It’s been one week Hye In-ah, no matter how tired you are, you should wake up right?” DooJoon continues talking to Hye In who still wasn’t giving any reply to him. He grab the clean cloth on the table and went into the bathroom to wet the cloth. He stepped out of the bathroom, still holding the hope that he will see a smiling angel looking at him. But no. What he saw was only a sleeping figure on the hospital bed.

“I never knew you were so pale huh?” DooJoon said as he wiped away the sweat forming on her forehead.

“Yah, I’m really going to be angry if you don’t reply me soon okay? You’re so mean. Leaving us all worried here for you while you sleep peacefully and happily in your dreams. Aren’t you too  selfish? Jebal, just wake up,” DooJoon said as his voice cracked and tears starts rolling down his cheeks. He couldn’t control his tears, he couldn’t. They just needed to escape so desperately that nothing could stop them from flowing down.

*In Hye In’s mind*(I know this is kind of weird)

Argh, why can’t move? Why can’t I open eyes? What is this? Why can’t I just see?! Aish!!

Wait, who’s talking? It’s… D-dooJoon? What is he doing here?

“Yah, I’m really going to be angry if you don’t reply me soon okay? You’re so mean. Leaving us all worried here for you while you sleep peacefully and happily in your dreams. Aren’t you too you selfish? Jebal, just wake up,”

Yah! I’m not selfish! I want to too but I can’t, what do you want me to do? And not to mention you’re the one that ended me here. Why is there something wet on my arm? I-t’s what? Tears? D-doJoon’s weeping? What? That bastard is weeping because of me? What is this?

Well, can that mean he cares about me? Yah! JUNG HYE IN GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF! Aww, now I’m feeling guilty for not waking up. But I really want to… Stop crying will you? It’s not like you…

Aish! Why can’t I move??? What the hell is wrong with me? Aish…

Hye In tried and tried, so hard to open her eyes but she can’t, as though there’s something controlling her. Out of a sudden, she started trembling  and her heart rate started decreasing.

*Back outside Hye In’s mind*

“H-hye In-ah!” DooJoon was shocked to see Hye In like that. She was trembling dangerously and her heart rate was decreasingly rapidly. He dashed out of the ward and called for the doctors and nurses.

The doctors and nurses came rushing into Hye In’s ward nd crowded around her, checking her and all. DooJoon who was ushered out by a nurse, was standing there, tears and sweat trickling down simultaneously.

*She’s in danger. What should I do? What’s happening? Aish! Yoon DooJoon stay calm!*

DooJoon took out his phone and his fingers danced across the screen as he dialed for Jun ye’s number.

“Hyung! Hye In’s in danger! Come here quickly!” DOoJoon literally shouted into the phone.

“B-BWOH?! We will get there as soon as possible!” JU*n Hye replied and hung up.

DooJoon put down the phone and leaned against the wall. He felt his world crumbling down. What happen if there really is something bad that happened to Hye In? What would he do? He hadn’t confessed yet. Now he know how dangerously quick Hye In could slip out of his life and he couldn’t just sit there and watch. He’s gonna do something about it and usher her to wake up.

“Jong Soo-ah, I need you and the other hyungs’ help,”

*After 20 minutes*

“Her condition is stable now. Hye In must have been trying very hard to wake up, causing her cells to work really actively that’s why she’s trembling like that. She’s okay now. We know she’s trying her best too. She’s a tough girl, don’t worry, she’s a fighter, she’ll get through this,” Doctor Kim told Jun Hye and walked away.

Jun Hye stumbled into the ward and slumped down onto the chair beside Hye in.

“Yah! You scared me  to death did you know that? How could you do this to your oppa? Do you know how scared your unnie and I were? I demand you to wake up quickly or I would put Alley out in the dark and let her wander around like a stray cat,” Jun Hye said as tears streamed down his face.

“Trust me, your oppa will really do that if you don’t wake up soon, that cat has caused him a lot of trouble, so wake up real soon okay?” Hae Yeon held Hye In’s hand as she brushed her thumb across Hye in’s rosy cheek, her tears landing on Hye In’s unwrapped hands.

After they went out, DooJoon walked in. Face filled with anger and he felt like shouting at her right at this moment. But even if he did, he knew Hye In wouldn’t wake up and shout back at him. That’s only his wishful thinking.

“Yah… you scared me till my legs went jelly did you know that? How can you pull such a scary prank on me? I thought you were going to die. Please just wake up. Wake up and shout at me all you want and I’ll still be happy. Please, just please,” DooJoon dropped on his knees and cried, tears dropping on the bedsheet, wetting it.

The other BEAST members saw him, and their heart ached for their leader. Who knew this kind of thing would happen just in a blink of an eye? And their strong and tough leader had changed into a weeping weak man in just a blink of an eye. They walked in slowly, and helped DooJoon stand up, they then led him out  of the ward, into the hospital hallway.

“Hyung, noona’s gonna be okay,” Dong Woon said as he placed an encouraging hand on DooJoon’s shoulder.

“Yea, she will. She’s strong isn’t she?” Hyun Seung said.

JunHyung simply nodded at Hyun Seung’s words.

“She’ll be okay, don’t worry,” GiKwang and Yoseob said, as Yoseob patted DooJoon on his back.

“I’ll make her okay,” DooJoon said, voice filled with determination.

“How?” All of them ask.

“You’ll know soon,”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TeeHee, you’ll know soooon~ I hope you enjoyed. I know the journey through Hye In’s brain was really weird but I just had to let Hye In voice some opinion shouldn’t I? And I’m so sorry I updated so late. Mianhe ah. Okay then, anticipate the next chapter! I’m pretty sure you all will love it. And i'm sorry it's so short, but i think i can promise a longer one for the next chapter. Okay, see you soon! Annyeong! Pyong!