Chapter 28

That unique girl

*At Hye In’s house*

Hye In sighed as she dragged her feet into the house. She was definitely dreading this, but she didn’t have a choice. Either to leave or get devoured by depression. Who would choose the second? She was going to open the door when she heard yelling in the house.

“How is it possible that you’ll find a random biological out of nowhere? I tell you, Haeyeon knew her as her classmate. She told me she had a broken family but was definitely the biological daughter of another person, not you!” Jun Hye’s voice boomed across the whole living room. Hye In  decided to go in when her appa started speaking.

“I know what I’m doing, I don’t need you to teach me, thank you very much,” Hye In’s appa retorted, not willing to accept the truth.

“Appa, she’s just trying to cheat your money! Hae Yeon told me that she used to lie and cheat a lot! Why can’t you believe me?!” Jun Hye’s voice ricocheted off the room’s walls.

“No you’re not trying to insult your own sister! How do you not know Hae Yeon’s not lying?” Hye In’s appa raised his voice by a few decibel. He was not. Going to let anyone talk bad of his so called biological daughter.

“HAEYEON WOULD NEVER DO THAT! WHAT GOOD DOES SHE HAVE?” Jun Hye lost control and exploded. Hye In was going to rush in, but decied not to and continued listening to their conversation.

“I don’t care, but you should learn to love your own sister! Jun Hye!” Hye In’s appa stated sternly. As if it’s going to scare Jun Hye.

“What about Hye In?”

“She’s not even your biological sister? Why are you so concerned about her instead of your own sister?” Hye In’s appa spat out mercilessly, never even thinking if Hye In was outside listening to everything. Hye In held back a gasp. Her appa would never say that to her. Never. But he did. And tones of knives were piercing through her breakable heart. She promised herself not to cry, it’s the cold hard truth anyway. She never thought blood relations were actually so important to her appa. Or rather, she was never important or counted as his daughter before.

“You’re hopeless. I’m moving out with Hae Yeon. Until you clear your mind, we will postpone our wedding if needed,” Jun Hye said coldly, before storming to open the door, only to hve his eyes open as wide as an owl’s.

“H-hye In-ah,” Jun Hye stuttered as he saw his precious little sister standing in front of him listening to all those hurtful words.

“O-oppa, nae?” Hye In in turn stuttered back. She looked at those black orbs behind those geeky glasses. Would her oppa still love her?

“I’ll still love you forever. No one can replace you in my heart. But saeng, I gotta get away from that old man before I go crazy, you should leave him alone too,” Jun Hye said as he knew exactly what Hye In was thinking. Hye In smiled weakly, grateful that her oppa will still love her.

“Aniyo, I need to take care of him. You go spend some time with unnie,” Hye In said as she lightly pushed Jun Hye towards the gate. Jun hye looked back, smiled a reassuring smile, before his figure slowly disappeared.

-

“Appa?” Hye In carefully stepped into her appa’s room only to find him sleeping on the desk. She walked nearer and nearer, bringing along a blanket. Her appa was holding pictures of a little girl who wasn’t her. She took in a deep breath before closing her eyes and placing the blanket onto her appa’s back. She then walked out of the room soullessly.

Imagine the pain.

*At 6pm*

“Appa! I’m back!” Amkae shouted using her really high pitched voice. Hye In tried hard not to roll her eyes as her appa was just right in front of her. They were having dinner. In total silence. It was never like this. They could talk loads and loads especially because Hye In’s appa would be overseas most of the time. Maybe there may be times where they are toot ired to talk. But a few words are exchanged. But dead silence? Never.

“Oh! Amkae, you’re back!” Hye In’s appa’s face lit up when he saw his daughter come home. Hye In saw how his eyes and face lit up with a brilliant smile and she knew its never going to be the same anymore. He changed, because his face used to lit up when he saw Hye In, not some amkae girl.

Hye In slipped out of her seat as quickly as possible, and placed her dishes in the sink before saying, “ I’ll wash the dishes, just leave it there,”

“No need, Amkae will wash with me,” Hye In’s appa stated ever so coldly, killing every single hope Hye In had. Hye In’s appa talked to her. But she wished he hadn’t.

“A-arasso,” 

*Hye In’s bedroom*

Hye In packed all her belongings into two luggage and a backpack.  She left a little note on the night stand. She knew her appa wouldn’t even notice she’s gone anyway. She walked out of her room. The hallway was dark. They were asleep. She decides to move out since her appa will only detest her even more. She carried her luggage and backpack and walked down the stairs.

Unlocked the door, and there she goes, out of here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m so sorry I didn’t update!!! Like I already mentioned, I may update later. Homework are up like a hill, and exams are so dangerously near. Please don’t hate me! I really didn’t mean to update late. This update is short too. But if I have time, I’ll promise to update again! And also, heard ‘shadow’? I love it so much!! It’s so addictive. What’s your opinion about it? Anyway, Jaesonghamida! Thank you for all your continuous support too. Kamsahamida and tharanghaeyo!! To all readers and subbies.