Chapter 27

That unique girl

*At Hye In’s house*

“Who woke up so early?” Hye In mumbled under her breath as she heard jingling sounds of keys. She slowly put on her spectacles and went to wash up. After coming out of the bathroom fresh and clean, she walked down, skipping happily down the stairs. But what getted her hit her like piles of bricks.

Her appa was there.

With another young girl.

Something she had always feared.

Her appa finding his biological daughter.

“A-appa?” Hye In didn’t even know why she stuttered. Hye In’s appa looked up, and smiled his fatherly smile at her and gestured for her to go over. Hye In took step by step slowly, not wanting to know what s going to happen when she finally reached the kitchen, her worse fear was confirmed to have come and haunt her.

“Hye In-ah! Meet Amkae, my biological daughter. She’s a few months younger than you, so you’re her unnie. I finally found her after so many years!” Hye In’s appa excitedly introduced Amkae to Hye In, only to cause a great pain in Hye In’s heart. The word ‘biological’ could never be used as wrongly as now.

“A-annyeonghaseyo! Jung Hye In-imida…” Hye In trailed away, her voice getting softer as she spoke each syllable.

“Annyeonghaseyo!! Jung Amkae-imida!” Amkae cheerfully greeted Hye In, but inside she was smirking.

“I think I’ll skip breakfast for today, I’ll go first,” Hye in quickly said and made an attempt to escape when her appa called her.

“Bring her along to meet the boys, I’m sure they would like to meet your dongsaeng,” Hye In’s appa suggested, making Hye In’s heart jump in fright.

“B-but I’m going to work,” Hye In said, almost protesting.

“I’m sure the boys will be okay with it! Just bring her there, im sure all of them would be happy to meet such a beautiful lady,” Hye In’s appa said, and complimented Amkae, not Hye In.

“Appa, I’m not beautiful! But if unnie doesn’t want to bring me out, I understand,” Amkae faked sad, pouting slightly. Hye In narrowed her eyes slowly, her appa’s biological daughter would not be like that. It was in neither Hye In’s now unbiological appa or omma’s genes to have a daughter like her.

“Arasso, I will,” Hye In said as she dragged her feet into the living room and slung her backpack on her shoulder and walked out of the house.

“Unnie! You shouldn’t bring such an ugly bag, it’s not something you should use. You should use this handbag I have here that appa ought for me. Also, you shouldn’t drag your feet, it’s unlady-like.” Amkae commented as she watched Hye In’s movement. Hye In ignored her and walked ut of her house. She was always criticized because of these things and she didn’t even mind. She got onto the delivery van, scowling a little at her ‘dongsaeng’s’ high pitch voice greeting her ‘appa’ goodbye.

*Didn’t I sat on this van yesterday?* Amkae thought as she glanced around.

Hye In didn’t even bother to glance at her as she drove full speed towards cube entertainment.

“Unnie! Why are you driving so fast? It’s ruining my hair!” Amkae shouted out loud, almost bursting through Hye In’s eardrums.

“It’s my normal speed,’ Hye In replied casually, eyes still on the road as she drove smoothly on the road since there’s not much traffic.

*At cube entertainment*

*Isn’t this DooJoon’s company? Is there a possibility ill see DooJoon oppa?* Amkae thought as her high heels click against the cement floor. Hye In found it super annoying as all she wear was sneakers and hates the clicking sound so much.

Hye In pushed open to BEAST’s dancing studio, only to have them all staring not at her, but the person behind her.

“Noona, why the hell is that woman behind you?” Yoseob asked roughly when he returned back to his sense.

Hye In sighed. She didn’t want her to be behind her as well.

“She’s my dongsaeng, guys,” Hye In introduced.

“You never told us you have a dongsaeng!” Dong Woon exclaimed as he glared darkly at Amkae.

“I’m appa’s biological daughter! If you didn’t know, unnie is appa’s adopted daughter,” Amkae stated so clearly that it almost hurt Hye In to know that she doesn’t have any single relationship with her appa and oppa.

“Shut up, so what? Get out of here!” Jun Hyung shouted, making amkae jump at his loud voice. Hye In didn’t even flinch. She just closed her eyes, and swallowed her saliva.

“Guys, just let her in, please, do me a favor,” Hye In said quietly as they all stared at her, shocked.

“Fine, but she’s going to sit alone,” Gikwang coldly agreed, knowing they would have no choice but to let her.

“Gomawoyo kwangie! I knew you all still cared about me!” Amkae screamed with her high pitch voice which cause Hye In to stand away from her. The rest of them scoffed, while DooJoon only looked at Hye In, knowing he’s in deep trouble.

“Omo! Oppa! It’s been long since we’ve talk!” Amkae immediately ran towards DooJoon when she was allowed to enter the room. Hye In’s eyes widened, but kept a straight face. Yoon DooJoon was going to explain.

“It’s only yesterday,” DooJoon grew uncomfortable as he felt the glares he gets.

“Let’s start practice!” Manager hyung walked in and broke the tension, not even noticing there was another person in the dance studio.

“Hye In-ah! How are you feeling?” Manager hyung walked straight pass Amkae as though she was invisible and asked Hye In.

“Never better,” Hye In smiled and went to the seat she would usually sit. But before she could reach it, Amkae sat down there first, and Hye In had to sit on the floor.

*After 30 mins*

“I’m booooring!” Amake whined out loudly, interrupting their dance.

“I said shut up didn’t I?” JunHyung hissed and Amkae immediately shut , while Hye In shook her head at JunHyung, as though telling him to stop.

Hye In sighed for the umpteenth time. What was she going to do now?

Her appa found his biological daughter and now, she felt that she wasn’t part of the family anymore. She knew her oppa would soon be introduced to Amkae and he would love her since all of them have blood ties. And as for Hye In, she would be isolated. All their attention would be on Amkae, and she would be left to get devoured by depression of not having a family. Adding to that, Amkae seem to know DooJoon well too, and she starts getting scared. What in the world is their relationship?

“Hye In-ah!” Hyun Seung’s voice brought Hye In out of her thoughts.

“Aren’t you going to do something about that?” Hyun Seung pointed at Amkae who was clinging onto DooJoon while DooJoon tried to get away from her.

“Whats the story?” Hye In ignored them and asked. The rest of the members looked at each other, before deciding that Dong Woon would tell her the story.

After describing everything, they stared at her for some reaction. But all Hye In gave was a straight face and then nothing more.

“She’s his ex?” Hye In asked.

“Duh. But trust us, hyung  wouldn’t go back to her no matter what happens,” JUnHyung said, while glaring at Amkae.

“I don’t know. I don’t want to care so much at this time. I can’t control him, can I?” Hye In said In a lazy voice as she stood up and walked out of the dance studio. DooJoon noticed and turned to JunHyung for help.

“Two-faced , get off!” JunHyung shouted at Amkae, amkae immediately pulled away when she heard JunHyung’s booming voice. She pouted and intended to do aegyo, but DooJoon was nowhere to be seen. She frowned and stormed towards the used-to-be-Hye-In’s seat. The rest of BEAST’s members laughed at her epic failure.

*Outside of the dance studio*

DooJoon spotted Hye In squatting in front of the vending machine, staring at the bottle of water in her hand.

“Hye In,” DooJoon called out, causing Hye In to turn her head towards him.

“You know the whole story already?” DooJoon asked as he pulled Hye In up onto her feet.

“Yeah”

“Then you should know I’m not attracted to her anymore right?” DooJoon asked as he stared intently at Hye In who was staring at the cement floor.

“Apparently not,”

“Then you should. I have no feelings for her. I only have feelings for you, you heard me?” Doojoon tried to reassure Hye In.

“Feelings can be changed,”

“I won’t okay? Trust me,” DooJoon grabbed Hye In’s shoulder, making her look him in the eye. Hye In looked him in the eyes and for the first time, she felt reassurance. She nodded.

“Good, now, what are you going to do with your family?” DooJoon asked.

“I’ll move out,” Hye In said.

“Why? It’s not that bad is it? They probably wouldn’t want you to leave,” DooJoon asked, concerned that Hye in was taking this so badly.

“I don’t have a family. I’m just the outsider,” Hye In whispered. She was trying to stay strong. But the fact that she was losing her family that she cherished so much was too much.

“No, you’re not,” DooJoon said as he pulled Hye In into a hug. Hye In was surprised, but relax a bit.

“I am, I won’t deny that,” Hye In replied, knowing where she stood.

“Then where are you going to stay?” DooJoon asked.

“I’ll find somewhere, don’t worry, now go back to practice, I need to go back and grab my things.” Hye In pulled away and pushed Doojoon towards the dance studio, as she turned around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amkae is bound to ruin Hye In’s life!! I guess drama is approaching. Okay, I won’t DooJoon too bad of a person. Exam’s sure are approaching me too! Argh. Who don’t hate exams? Leaving, pyong!