44

Just A Bet ?

 

Parallel to Chapter 42

 

With Tiffany - Tiffany's Mansion

6.30 pm

 

"I'm home !" Tiffany exclaimed as she entered the mansion .

"Welcome back , Miss ." One of the maid welcomed her and closed the door for her . "Your parents are back ." The maid whispered to Tiffany .

"I know . Have they enter my room and Mrs Kim's room ?" Tiffany whispered back . She texted the maid while ago when she's in the class , asking for a favor to know whether her parents has entered her room and Mrs Kim's room or not since Taeyeon are staying in her room and his clothes might be found in there . 

Even though it's a guy clothes , Tiffany could just lie to her parents that it were Siwon's clothes but it's just very obvious from Taeyeon's size and Siwon's , so just to  be careful , she don't want her parents to enter her room ..

"Thankfully , no . They came back , put their luggages in their room , have lunch and went out shopping . They also just reached home few minutes before you came and they are in their room now. " The maid replied .

"Okay , that's awesome . Thanks ." Tiffany exclaimed and smiled before run up to the guest room which is Mrs Kim's room . She quickly took all Mrs Kim's clothes and put in Mrs Kim's luggage and hides it under the big bed . Luckily under the bed is quite small and Mrs Kim's luggage just fit in it since Mrs Kim doesn't have many clothes .

Seeing the guest room is clean and looked as the normal guest room , Tiffany then ran to her room and locked the door . Taeyeon's clothes now has a lot so she need quite a time to clean it . 

For Taeyeon's clothes , she don't bother to hide but she just keep it in her closet since her closet are huge and her parents won't look through inside her closet . She also make sure that there are no other belongings from Taeyeon in the room . 

It took her almost 15 minutes to clean Taeyeon's stuff away . She lied down in the middle of her king sized bed and sighed . "Mygod . I'm so tired ." She cracked her neck . 

"Oh no ... I already start to miss him ..." Tiffany bit her lips sadly . She thinks how to tell her parents about Taeyeon but she know her parents won't accept their relationship . She turned her head to the left and took Taeyeon's pillow . She hugged it as she sniffed Taeyeon's fragance on the pillow and she feels that her stress are gone .

It's just feel so comforting for Tiffany when she smelled Taeyeon's fragance . It makes her feels calm .

And again , something came to her mind again . "How long must I continue this bet ? Why must I do this bet at the first point ?? I regret it so much . Why ??? " Tiffany bit her lower lips , preventing herself from tearing up . She never thought that a bet can make her change her mind for someone that she dislike before . 

She's afraid . Afraid of this . Afraid of her parent's reaction . Afraid of Siwon's confidence of mentally beating Taeyeon up . And especially , afraid of Taeyeon's reaction to the bet .

Her mind are so messy and all of her thoughts has come together at once . And among all of this , only one person can make her calm down and soothe her . The person is Taeyeon . 

She sighed and put Taeyeon's pillow back to the place . She stood up and went to the bathroom to shower .

 

After showering and dried herself , she went down to the living room and saw her parents are watching tv . 

"Hi , daddy !" She hugged her dad . "Mummy !" As well as her mum .

Her parents just smiled as they see their daughter after weeks . 

"So how's your business trip this time ?" Tiffany asked . That's the usual question she asked first the moment her parents came back from their trip .

"As usual . We got ourselves another big client ." Mr Hwang said .

"Big client ? So , you guys will be flying off again soon ?" Tiffany asked sadly . Well , it's not surprising for her though .

"Yes , dear . This big client is a big catch . If we are success with his case , he will be our sponser for everything ." Mrs Hwang answered .

"Okay ..." Tiffany just nodded .

"So how's Siwon ? It's been so long since I saw him . And how about both of you ? " Mrs Hwang asked as she drank her cup of tea .

Tiffany froze .

"Ummm ...He's healthy . We're fine and doing quite good . "She lied and said without looking at them .

"Good then . We want to talk with you about something after dinner . Okay ?" They asked .

"I got homeworks to do ." Tiffany said . She somehow knew what they are going to talk about . They looked surprised but keep their cool . They never know that their daughter started to do homeworks .

"Okay then . After you finished doing your homework , come to daddy's office room ." Mr Hwang said seriously and Tiffany just nodded .

"Oh yes . By the way , we went into the playroom and the music room . It looked sparkly clean and tidy . Who cleaned it ?" Mrs Hwang asked . 

"It's me ." Tiffany said and did not said Taeyeon's name .

"You ? Alone ?" Mr Hwang asked . They looked a bit surprised again as they knew their daughter is not the type to do housework suddenly too .

"...Yes ." Tiffany answered without looking at them . "Okay then . I'm a bit tired . I want to rest in my room for a while . I'll be down for dinner ." She then stood and walked up to her room .

Seeing their daughter going up , Mr and Mrs Hwang frowned and looked at each other as if they are confirming something .

"They came home and never ask me about my life , my health or what but they immediately asked about Siwon ." She said to herself disappointedly and teared up .

 

SKIP after dinner 

Dinner goes as per normal . Quiet and peacefully . Even though Mr and Mrs Hwang are home or not , it's the same atmosphere . It feels gloomy without Taeyeon and his mum . Since Taeyeon and his mum lives with Tiffany , their dinner will be the happiest and cheerest moment . Even the maids and Mr Im loves Taeyeon now .

Her parents are still in the living room , watching tv and Tiffany are back in her room , on the bed . She lied . She has no homework at all . She already did all assignment in the extra class .

She took her phone and looked to her photos with Taeyeon in her gallery . It makes her forget everything and just focused to Taeyeon . She can't stop smiling . She already miss him so much . 

Tiffany then texted him .

 

To : Baby <3

Babe . What are you doing now ? And how's your friendly goes ?"

 

Just a few minutes later , Taeyeon replied .

 

From : Baby <3

I am eating with the guys right now . The friendly ? We won ! YAY ! hahaha . So what is my baby doing ?

 

To : Baby <3

YAAAYYYY ! kekeke . Me ? I'm missing you right now ... *pout*

 

From : Baby <3

Awwww ..... is that an activity ? Missing someone ? Hahahah I miss you too babe . So how's your parents ?"

 

To : Baby <3

Bad .... The moment they saw me , they immediately asked me about Siwon . And babe . I think they will be sleeping here tonight .

 

From : Baby <3

Really ? sigh . Did you say to them that you already broke with him ? Sleeping there ? Okay then . Should I sleep out tonight ?

 

Tiffany sighed and messed her hair .

 

To : Baby <3

I did . Sleep out ?? NO ! N.O Way , baby boy . I told you that you must come home . And babe , come home at 9.30 latest . Since my parents will be sleeping early tonight *pout*

 

Tiffany lied to Taeyeon again .

 

From : Baby <3

You did ? That's good ! hahahahah okay okay okaaay . Chill baby , chillll . hahaha . 9.30 pm ? You sure ??"

 

To : Baby <3

Double confirm sure . You better reached by 930 . Understand , Kim Taeyeon ?

 

From : Baby <3

Understood , Madam ! Yes , madam ! Don't you worry , madam ! heheheh . Alright , I gotta go . See you soon , baby . *kiss*

 

"KIss you back ..... " Tiffany mumbled . She threw her phone to the side and sat on the bed , hugging her knees . She cried . 

"Until when am I going to lie to him ?" She cried . Taeyeon believes her no matter what and she keep on lying to him about Siwon . She then kept on thinking , thinking and thinks but her mind are so messy . She can't think of any solution .

 

9.15pm 

Tiffany has forgetten to meet her parents as she were busy crying . She then calmed herself down and make sure her face doesn't have any sign of crying , before going to her dad's office room .

The office room was at level one , the same level as the living room . It's at beside of the staircase .

She knocked the door and came in . Her mum and dad already in there , waiting for her .

"Ah , come here . Sit ." Her dad said .

TIffany then walked and sat down beside her mum . 

"Let's get straight to the point . " Mrs Hwang said . "Who's Taeyeon ?" She asked , making Tiffany to look at him suprised .

She get tongue-tied and do not know what to reply  .

"Hwang Miyoung . Answer me ." Her mum ordered .

"A f-friend ." 

"Are you sure ? I heard everything from Siwon . Do you like that Taeyeon guy ?" Mrs Hwang asked .

"No , I don't " Tiffany lied and looked at her mum . She don't want her mum to say anything about Taeyeon . 

 

Damn you , Choi Siwon !

 

"Good . I researched about that Taeyeon guy . He's poor , right ? He lived in a small basement , right ? I don't want you to like that kind of person . I don't want to you to ruin our reputation . What if people get to know and they will say that our daughter have no taste ? I want you to be with Siwon . He's a nice kid and rich ." Mrs Hwang said .

Mr Hwang just listen .

"................ I understand ."

"And what's with this ?" Mrs Hwang took a long list of receipt . 

It's the payments of all Taeyeon's stuffs that Tiffany bought for him .

 

With Taeyeon 

"Wow . The mansion looks dark . Has everyone went to sleep ?" Taeyeon quietly turned off the car engine , opened the door and closed the door . 

He locked the door with the remote and it makes a beeping sound , causing Taeyeon to freeze , hoping that no one hears . And luckily , Tiffany and her parents does not hear it .

He silently opened the entrance door and closed it . The living room's lights are off but Taeyeon saw a light coming out from the door beside the staircase . He then used that light to lead his way to the staircase . When he want to go up , he hears talking coming from the room .

Being curious , he moved towards the room . The door are not closed but it's just slightly opened .

"So what's with this guy ? What's your relation with him ?" Taeyeon heard a lady's voice .

"In fact ....." Taeyeon heard Tiffany's voice .

"It's a bet ." He heard Tiffany said .

What ??

"What do you mean ?" Another person with deep voice who Taeyeon knew it's Tiffany's dad .

"It's a bet by Siwon . He hates Taeyeon and he know that Taeyeon likes me . He wants me to break Taeyeon's heart by making him fall in love with me and in the end , I will break up with him. In return , Siwon will stop looking at other girls and stop smoking . The bet will go on maybe about a year or 6 months " He heard Tiffany's explaination and something pierced through Taeyeon's heart .

So this is just a bet ??? A game ???? ..........

"And what's with this ?" Taeyeon peeked inside and saw Mrs Hwang took a long list of receipt . 

It's the payments of all Taeyeon's stuffs that Tiffany bought for him .

"Why are your spending so high ??" Mrs Hwang asked .

"It's all for Taeyeon and his mum . To earn his trust and more . I bring him to stay here to earn his trust faster so I can end the bet faster " Tiffany explained .

Taeyeon froze again . He don't know how to react . His heart ache and he's angry at the same time . What should he do ?

"So that's all ? You brought him stay here for the bet ? No more than that ?" Mrs Hwang asked .

Please ... Don't .....

"....No more ." With that , Taeyeon lose his footing and squated down . His eyes filled with tears . The last time he cried was when he was little , when his dad left him and when his sister died . He did not realised that his tears finally fell down and rolled down his cheeks .

So this is all about ? It's just a game ? A bet ? Are all of our moments together means nothing to you ?? How could you ?? I love you so much ...... *cried* Curse you , Ch-choi siwon . Curse you .....

"Alright then . That's good . Now you can go back to your room ." Mr and Mrs Hwang said . 

Hearing that , Taeyeon quickly ran to the kitchen to hide and he saw Tiffany went out from the room and ran upstairs . Mr and Mrs Hwang followed and went upstairs to their bedroom .

Taeyeon then immediately went out and ran out from the mansion , hailing a nearest taxi .

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long update since I have not been updating . Here you go ! 

UPVOTE ~ SUBSCRIBE ~ COMMENT 

 

By the way , congrats to Yoona and Sooyoung who has officially been dating . Con-congrats .... *sobs* Who's next ? *faint*