Chapter 9

A Life Never to Imagine

 

"I've got to go to work guys and so do some of you," said Yongguk as he stepped back into the apartment. He took off his shoes and went straight to his room to change. Bom turned to Himchan and asked, "Work?" Himchan laughed and patted her shoulder, "Yeah. Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and I. So Zelo and you have to figure dinner by yourself." 

 

Bom nodded, but stopped again, "Does Zelo have to sleep early today because he has school?" She heard laughing behind her and turned around. It was Youngjae. "Girl, do we look like we can afford school fees?", stated Youngjae and Bom thought about it. He was right. They live in a small apartment and four of them work just to make a sufficient amount of money just to buy their needs. 

 

"Today it's Zelo turn to stay home. Each day one of us will stay home," Bom nodded as she saw Yongguk coming out of the room. He was wearing a pristine, white, unwrinkled shirt and black jeans. "What do you guys actually do?", asked Bom as Yongguk fixed his hair in the small mirror they had at the front of the door. "We work at a cafe. And we should be going by…" Yongguk checked his phone, "Now." 

 

Himchan jumped off the couch as Jongup and Youngjae ran off to their rooms and Daehyun started putting on his shoes. "SHHIIIITTTT~~", sang Himchan as he changed in front of Bom, but Bom covered her eyes with Yongguk standing in front of her. "YAH! KIM HIMCHAN! We have a girl here!", stated Yongguk as Himchan was fumbling with his belt. Himchan looked up and noticed Bom and his mouth went into a shape of a 'O'. He forgot about Bom being in the living room. He shrugged and waved Bom and Zelo goodbye as he walked out. After a minute or two, Jongup and Youngjae came out of their rooms and ran out of the door. Yongguk shook his head and looked at Bom and Zelo, "Will you guys be fine?" and they both nodded as he left. 

 

"Soo… Zelo. What do you want to have for dinner?", asked Bom as she walked to the kitchen and looked into the fridge. There was no food. But Bom didn't know how to cook and she wasn't trusting Zelo to cook for her, since she tasted their breakfast. 

 

"Dubbokki," said Zelo as he stood at the door by the kitchen. Bom cocked her head to the side with a confused face, "Dubbokki? What's that?", she had no idea what it was. She has never eaten street food before. Zelo rolled his eyes and grabbed his wallet and phone, "Follow me noona," Bom nodded and went to put her shoes on, but she didn't know how to tie her shoelaces. Zelo was walking past her to the front door, but she grabbed his jumper sleeve. He turned to her and Bom looked at him with her embarrassed face, "Zelo, I don't know how to tie my shoelaces," 

 

Zelo raised an eyebrow before bending down and doing her laces up. "Thank you," thanked Bom as he got up. He laughed and walked out of the door. She made a mental note that she had to ask Himchan about the 'Shoe-Laces Song'. 

 

Zelo and Bom walked the night streets of Seoul. Around this time of the night, from the part of Seoul that they are staying, many people strange people were hanging out on the streets. Even though Zelo was young and may not be book smart, he is definitely street smart. He was very observant with the happenings around them. He found Bom's hand and signalled her to not to attract any attention to themselves as they walked into the busy part of Seoul. They found a street vender and approached it. 

 

"2 Dubbokkis please," said Zelo as he found a table for themselves. The lady came and placed the Dubbokkis on their table and left. Bom looked at the white dough floating in her bowl and red liquid. "Here," Zelo passed her a stick, "This is Dubbokki," Bom was unsure how to eat it, so she waited till Zelo poked the dough and placed it in his mouth. Bom followed him and ate it. 

 

"So… how is it?", asked Zelo as she was chewing it. Bom has to admit. It was something new and different. She showed two thumbs up and smiled. Zelo laughed as he stuff more into his mouth. Within a few minutes, Bom and Zelo were finished eating. "Let's get ice cream since you bought me Dubbokki," said Bom as she pulled Zelo up. Bom was trying to find her favourite ice cream shop, she pursed her lips as she thought where it was. Slowly she remembered where it was, "THERE!", she shouted as she ran down the street as Zelo ran after her. 

 

Baskin & Robbins. She loved the ice cream from there. She went inside and asked Zelo what he wanted. As usual, it was strawberry and Bom got her favourite flavour. Cookies and Cream. Bom paid for the ice cream and passed Zelo his cone. "Thanks noona," said Zelo as he some of the ice cream, stopping it from dripping. "It's okay. Let's sit at the park," Bom pointed to the park across the street. Zelo nodded and followed Bom to the park. They sat by the bench and watched the kids playing with their moms and dads. 

 

Bom laughed to herself as she watched the kids, but when she turned to Zelo, he had a sad face. He was sadly watching the kids and eating ice cream. "Hey, what's wrong?", asked Bom as she nudged him a bit. "Nah, it's nothing noona," Zelo faked a smile. Bom raised an eyebrow, "You can't lie to me Zelo," 

 

Zelo sighed and nodded, "Watching the kids reminds me about my past," Bom soften as she listened to Zelo, "My mum died giving birth to me, and my dad all my life has blamed me. Making me feel I was the cause of her death. My dad didn't really take care of me. He had maids to do it, and never spent anytime with me. He would always push me aside. He got married and my stepmom had two sons and a daughter. My dad spoiled them, and treated them like his own, but for me. I was an outcast. The black sheep of the family. So when I was 8, I ran away from home. I learnt how to take care of myself and earn a living. I was living on the streets for a few months, until Himchan and Yongguk came. They may seem hard and tough on the outside, but they are soft in the inside. After saving me, it was when we met Youngjae and Jongup. Daehyun was the last to join us, but we are one family." 

 

Bom nodded as she squeezed Zelo's hand. Who thought that the youngest of BAP had such a past? He is a tough boy, who knows how to go through life with all the obstacles given to him. He worked hard for how far he has came. 

 

[A/N]: Sorry for not updating yesterday, because I was finishing off my other story :) Now I would be able to update every single day if possible ^^ Please subscribe, comment and vote :D