Chapter 24

A Life Never to Imagine

 

Himchan woke up to the sound of talking in the kitchen. He squinted his eyes as he rolled over and pushed himself off the ground. He stood up and raised his arms over his head as he stretched side to side. His back hurt from sleeping on the floor. He groaned as he heard the sound of a door opening. He turned his head, and saw that Bom was standing right outside her room door, as she looked at him. He saw that her eyes were red and puffy from crying, but he made no comment about that. 

 

"Good morning," he said with a small smile and a wave, but Bom gave a slight nod before shuffling her feet on the ground towards the kitchen. Himchan's smile faltered as he watch Bom walking away. He knew it was his fault, but watching her walking away from him, was something that Bom has never done, he wanted her to smile and laugh whenever she was with him, not cry. 

 

He slowly walked to the kitchen and greeted the guys, but they only greeted him with a nod or a grunt. Himchan tried not to show that he was hurt as he just grab a glass and poured juice into it as he drank it before putting the empty glass in the sink and walking out of the kitchen. Bom and the others watched him as he left the kitchen before looking at each other. 

 

"Guys, why are we treating him like that? It wasn't his fault. It's Sunhi's," said Youngjae as he looked at everyone. They all nodded and agreed, they actually didn't know why they were being this way towards him. Yongguk sighed as he got off his chair and walked to the living, where Himchan was sitting on the couch. "Hey, Himchan. You doing anything today?", asked Yongguk casually as he sat next to Himchan. 

 

Himchan was surprised that he was that Yongguk was talking to him, but he smiled and replied, "Nah. I don't think I'm doing anyth--" 

 

"OPPA!", a voice called out. They both looked up to see Sunhi standing there, wearing a skin tight red dress and her hair was straighten out with black pumps on and a clutch in her hand. They were both surprised at what she was wearing. "Um… where are you going?", asked Himchan with an eyebrow raised. "Going for a walk with you silly," answered Sunhi as she waved her hand at him. At the same time the rest of the guys came to see what Sunhi wanted. Bom was standing right to them and watched her talking to Sunhi. 

 

Daehyun stifled a laughed as Youngjae sneered, "You. Wear that? You've got to be kidding me," Sunhi frowned at him as she looked down at what she was wearing. "What's wrong with this? This is fashion. Maybe Bom, I can lend you some of my clothes later," said Sunhi with a little smirk as she looked at Bom, and she was wearing an over-sized shirt and shorts. Bom felt hurt by her comment, but she kept quiet. Himchan wanted to say something back to Sunhi, but she was already pulling him out the door. 

 

He turned around and saw that Bom was walking towards them. Hope came to him, hoping that she would come with him. "Himchan-shii," her small, angelic voice sounded the room. Everyone stared at Bom surprised what she had just called Himchan. This was the first time that Bom has ever called him politely. She would always call him with different kinds of nicknames. Himchan's felt his heart breaking hearing her calling him politely. He wanted her to call him "Channie" or "Oppa" or something else other than Himchan-shii. 

 

"Yes?", asked Himchan as Bom passed him a jumper. "It might be cold out there," she said as she gave him a hurt smile and heading off towards the bathroom. Sunhi smiled in victory to herself as she watched Bom's slumped figure retreating back. "Oppa, let's go," she cooed as she pulled onto his arm, dragging him out of the apartment. 

 

Himchan stared at the apartment door as he got dragged away. "Oppa?", asked Sunhi as the elevator doors closed. But Himchan wasn't listening, he just kept staring at the door. "Oppa? Is everything okay?", asked Sunhi, obviously knowing why he was like that. 

 

"Uh… yeah." lied Himchan as he diverted his gaze back to Sunhi and faked a smile, "Everything is fine." 

 

"Good," replied Sunhi as she wrapped her hands around his arm. Himchan couldn't be bothered moving his body away from Sunhi, because the sight of Bom's puffy face, tears, her calling him "Himchan-shii", kept replaying in his head. 

 

He walked out of the elevator in despair, he looked up the building hoping that he would see Bom smiling and waving at him, but he knew that would never happen, as long as he kept hurting her. 

 

"What am I doing?", he asked himself. 

 

"Why am I doing this?" 

 

*Why am I hurting the girl I love?*