Chapter 21

A Life Never to Imagine

 

"AHH! PUT ME DOWN!", yelled Bom as she hit Yongguk's back. They were at the park again, playing basketball. This time, Bom joined in. She had the ball and Yongguk swiftly picked her up and put her over his shoulders like she was a sack of flour. "Not until you call me Oppa ~" sang Yongguk as he pretended to drop Bom. She squealed and grabbed onto his shirt tightly, "OKAY! YONGGUK OPPA!", yelled Bom as Yongguk laughed and put her down gently on her feet. 

 

"Hey! Call us Oppa too!", shouted Youngjae as he pointed to all of the older boys. Bom cocked her head to the side, "But we are the same age," she stated. Youngjae stomped his feet onto the ground, "I DON'T CARE!", he whined. Bom giggled and poked her tongue out. "Youngjae Oppa, Daehyun Oppa and Channie Oppa," They all nodded in agreement. 

 

"Himchan Oppa?"

 

Himchan's ear perked as he heard a familiar voice. Everyone turned around and Bom's smiling face suddenly turned into a confused face. Bom looked at the girl who called out Himchan's name. She had beautiful brown, wavy hair; deep, dark, brown, almond eyes and a button nose. She had high cheek bones and she had a sleek toned body. 

 

"S-Sunhi?", Himchan raised his eyebrows as the girl smile and walk over to them. Bom looked at the rest of the guys, and they seemed to have a scowling face on. What was exactly their relationship with this girl. "Hi Oppas," the girl waved happily before turning her gaze onto Bom. "Oh. Who is this?" 

 

"This is Park Bom, our friend," said Yongguk as he put his arm around Bom protectively, "Bom, this is  Sunhi." Bom nodded as she reached out her hand towards Sunhi, "Hi. Nice to meet you," Bom smiled. Sunhi smiled widely and took Bom's hand, "Nice to meet you too," Bom felt like her arms was going to drop off, with the amount of strength that the girl had. 

 

Bom retracted her arm quickly when Sunhi's grip loosen. Bom rubbed her sore hand. The guys saw how hard Sunhi grabbed onto Bom's hand, expect Himchan. He was still is awe that the love of his life was in front of him that he didn't noticed what was going on around him. 

 

"Oppa!", Sunhi squealed as she grabbed onto Himchan's arm. "Let's go on a date," she suggested. Himchan looked unsure as he looked at Bom. When Bom saw Sunhi grabbing onto Himchan's arm, she felt jealous and angry. Angry that the Himchan isn't doing anything about it, and that the girl gets to touch Himchan. "Uhh…" Himchan voice wavered as he looked at Bom, like she had to give him permission. Bom gave a fake smile and nodded, "You guys can go. We can continue to play by ourselves. Right guys?", asked Bom with a bit of hurt in her voice. Himchan could sense it, but he just decided to leave it alone. 

 

"See Oppa. We can go," smiled Sunhi as she gripped onto Himchan's arm tighter and dragged him away from them. Once they were out of sight, Daehyun grabbed Bom wrist and started inspecting her hand. "If she ever hurts you again, don't be afraid to hit her. If not we'll do it," mumbled Daehyun under his mask. Bom gave a small smile and nodded. She liked how they cared about her. 

 

"Well. Now that Himchan is gone. Why don't we all just get ice cream?", suggested Youngjae. Everyone nodded happily as they headed off to the nearest ice cream. After a few minutes, they were sitting back at the park with ice creams in their hands. "C-Can I ask you guys something?", asked Bom as she stared at her ice cream before looking at the boys. "Shoot", said Yongguk as he leant against the tree. "Who is Sunhi to Himchan?" 

 

Everyone looked at each other uneasily. Bom sense the sudden tension in the air. "Why? What's wrong?", she asked but Yongguk sighed and shook his head. "A few years ago, Himchan and I went to a club and Sunhi was being harassed by a boy, but Himchan stopped it before it could get any further. That was when Himchan and Sunhi first met. They started hanging out together a lot, and Himchan used to bring her home all the time. I didn't like her, when I first met her, but I didn't say anything seeing how happy Himchan was. Feelings started growing, and they both confessed their feelings to each other. They went out for 2 years, when suddenly Sunhi said she had to go to the States to complete her studies. She broke up with Himchan and just left like that. Himchan was devastated. He was in love with the girl. He wasn't the same person until last year. He slowly came out of his shell. After 4 years, she is back now, but I'm not happy. I don't want Himchan to break into pieces again for the same girl."

 

Silence filled the air, as Bom digested what she has been told. Himchan was in love before. Why didn't she see that Himchan liked the girl? She should have known. There would be no way that Himchan would ever like a ordinary girl like her. She would be considered ugly if she stood next to Sunhi. Himchan would choose Sunhi over her any day. 

 

Bom fought back her tears as she nodded and ate her ice cream in silence. Everyone noticed how sad Bom was, compared to the happy Bom just now. But they kept quiet and gave her, her own space.