Chapter 15

A Life Never to Imagine

 

"PARK BOM!", shouted Himchan as he came storming to her as she crossed the road and stared at the playground. She snapped out of her daze as she came back to reality and turned around. Getting squashed by Himchan's arms as he wrapped it around her. 

 

"You know how much you scared me. Don't ever do that again," whispered Himchan as she nodded her head. He pulled back and turned her body to face the road, "Look at the chaos you made," he said as her eyes widen. She couldn't believe she nearly caused a massive accident. 

 

"Anyways…," Himchan turned her to face him, "Why did you walked across the road for?" Bom turned around and started running towards the playground in her heels. Himchan was impressed, with the height of the heels, girls would be stumbling over or struggling to walk in those. But for Bom, it was a different story. She made it look like it was dead simple and easy. 

 

Bom laughed as she kicked off her heels and jumped on the swing as she started kicking her feet against the ground, making herself go higher and higher. Himchan chuckled and join her with the swing next to her and started swinging himself, but not as high as Bom. Slowly she came to a stop and stayed still as Himchan did the same. 

 

"Why did you want to come here?", asked Himchan as Bom wriggled her toes in the green, lush, grass. She showed a weak smile as she stared at her feet. 

 

"Everyone thinks that I have everything I wanted in my life, since I came from a rich family. But… " Bom paused, "I didn't have everything I wanted. There was one thing which I could't buy, nor have it. Family. My parents were so busy in their business and lives, that basically I became invisible to them, but I did spent some time with my mother. I miss her even though she spent her precious working time with me. It made me feel special. That I actually mean something to her. The only family I basically had during my childhood, was the maids and security guards. They treated me like I was their own. They would always bring me to a playground and allowed me to meet new people and they would always play with me, even though they had work to do. I looked at them like they are my numerous amount of fathers and mothers. So whenever I see a playground, I have to go to it. It is like a place of comfort for me. It's a place where I can be myself and think," 

 

Bom had tears trickling down her cheeks without realising. Himchan's heart hurt when he saw Bom's tears and how sad she was. He got off the swing and kneeled with one knee and tilted her chin, making her to look at him. He cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears. 

 

Bom and Himchan both stared into each other eyes for minutes as they stayed there in silence. The sound of cars, wind, people talking, and anything else was drowned out. Bom felt her body heating up as her palms got sweaty. Himchan cleared his throat as he broke the gaze first and stood up. They both looked in the opposite direction as they both heated up. 

 

"What's wrong with me?" mumbled Bom as she stared at the cars going past them, "I've never been like that before." 

 

At the same time Himchan was staring into the night sky. "Why was I feeling like that?", he placed a hand over his chest, "Am I falling for her?" He shook away the thought, thinking it was crazy him liking Bom. *There is no way that she'll ever like me.* He turned and reached out a hand towards Bom. 

 

She looked at his hand before looking up at him. "Take it. We're going home," said Himchan as he picked up Bom's shoes and slipped his hands into Bom's hands as they both started walking home. Bom was walking bare footed as she was walking home, but she didn't watched where she was going and stepped on a rock. 

 

"Oww!", she hissed as she inspected her foot. Himchan instinctively bent down and inspected her foot, "Be careful," he said as he bent down in front of her, "Get on," 

 

"No, I'm heavy anyways," she said as she started walking away. But Himchan quickly grabbed her and pushed her onto his back as he wrapped his hands around her thighs and picked her up. "Ugh!", he groaned, "Your so heavy," 

 

Bom started wiggling, "That's what I said. Put me down," but Himchan kept a firm grip on her, "I'm kidding Bom. Your light as a feather… or not air." he smirked as Bom blushed a deep red as she grabbed her shoes off Himchan's hands and wrapped her neck around and leaned her head on his shoulder. She could hear his sound of his breathing and slowly her eyes started closing and soon she was well asleep. On his shoulder.