Condensed Window

Before the Sun Sets

As Kai entered he bowed politely to everyone and took out a wrapped up gift and gave it to Krystal's parents.The family gathered around the lounge"Have a seat Kai".

Kai nodded and sat enthusiastically"Krystal isn't here".

Jessica had watery eyes and looked sullen,like something was killing her inside.Mrs Kim looked burdened"About that Kai...".

Kai anticipated for the following words Mrs Kim would say.Mrs Kim slowly continued"About that..Krystal is gone".

Kai froze and his eyes twitched"I'm sorry?".

"Krystal had just recently passed away"Mrs Kim replied as a tear slowly rolled down her cheek.

Kai nodded slowly and then smiled"But who was replying to the text messages".

Yoonbaek and Jessica looked guilty as Kai turned to them"You tricked me".

Yoonbaek got up"We didn't trick you,we didn't want to burden your family and Krystal requested us not to tell you".

Kai shook his head and had teary eyes"Can I see her?".

Mr and Mrs Kim nodded.

At the cemetery....

Kai was standing before Krystal's grave.He laid a bouqet of white roses and cried.Yoonbaek and Jessica put their hands on his shoulder and Jessica and her parents cried silently along.

They started walking back to the car but Kai and Yoonbaek were still standing where Krystal's grave was.

Yoonbaek sighed"Thank you Kai for taking care of Krystal.You did better than I expected and fought for her..something I couldn't do so that's why you deserve her more.Before she died she always wrote your name in the morning on the condensed window".

Kai took a deep breath and looked like he needed to take another deep breath because he had so much pain in him.Yoonbaek patted Kai's head"Krystal wanted to see you something in her school locker".

Yoonbaek walked away and Kai watched him as the breeze blew in his face.