What's Good in Goodbye?

Before the Sun Sets

A small crowd of people gathered around the coffin crying.Only a few people were there....very few....sadly.They were Naeun,Krystal and her family,Kai,his mother,stepfather and the old lady from the shop in the seaside town.

Kai walked up to the coffin and closed his eyes with a tear drop that fell"I'm sorry I couldn't do my best to save you.Dad I will always love you,even though your not with us physically you're always with us in spirit".

Kai and Krystal were comforting Naeun.The Jung family were giving condolence and comfort to Naeun as well.Kai's stepfather went up to Kai and Naeun"I'm very sorry".

Kai nodded slowly and Naeun just ignored them.The old lady wept"My Son!".

Kai comforted her and then she sat on the chair and glared at Kai's mother and stepfather meanly.When they left the old lady mumbled words at the two but they couldn't make out the words.

After the funeral Naeun took the picture of her dad with a white ribbon home and sat down in the corner sadly crying.Kai was on the table by himself with his hands clasped together.

At the Son Residence....

"Well Kai,Naeun.I will be going back home.Take care and do not associate with that witch"the old lady said heading for the door and hugging Naeun and Kai.

Kai and Naeun nodded and Mrs Kim looked at the floor shamefully.

"Can we talk to you both for a moment?"asked Mrs Kim.

Naeun eyed her coldly and Mrs Kim was trying to avoid eye contact.The two sat down on the table and looked at Mr and Mrs Kim.

"Since we are your legal guardian......now that your father has gone.We are taking you both.....to America"Mrs Kim said slowly.

Kai and Naeun exchanged looks and their eyes widened.