Silent Tears

Before the Sun Sets

The next day.... What once was a cludded room was now just a barren room.Kai had just about finished packing when a photo slipped out of the box he was holding.He picked up the photo and it was a photo of him and his parents in his first soccer game.He had a flashback of that memorable moment which made a tear roll down his cheek.

"Kai"called his mother from his bedroom door. Kai quickly wiped his tears off"Yes,let's go".

"Our chaffeur will drop you because I have an important appointment that can not be cancelled.Please understand"Mrs Kim replied.

"What?"Kai said.

Mrs Kim tried to smile"But I'll visit you".

The two went out and Kai's father was sitting down on the sofa drinking coffee. Kai bowed politely but his father ignored him.He stood there for a while saying nothing but after a few seconds he left.He was sad that he and his father hadn't made up.Kai kissed his mother goodbye"Don't cry mum.I'm not dead". Mrs Kim tried to hold in her tears but they couldn't help themselves.She nodded and hugged Kai tightly.

It was hard for Kai to go but he had to.He gave his second photo album to his mum and Kai was about to go but Mrs Kim grabbed his arm and Kai turned around"Take care of yourself,your father and Naeun".

Kai nodded and crossed his heart"I promise".

Kai got in the silver Mercedez Benz car and waved to his mother at the back of the seat.His mother flipped through the pages of the photo album Kai had given her only making her cry even more.

After 20 minutes of driving....

"Ugh this part of Korea has really narrow roads"said the chaffeur scratching his head.He honked the car in front of him.

"Don't worry it's getting close to the place,I'll just walk it"said Kai.

"Are you sure?"asked the chaffeur.

Kai smiled"I'll manage".He got off the car and his stomach  grumbled."Aish...should've eaten before the trip".

He walked further down and then a flyer got in face.He read it 'Soojung's Noodle House'.As he read the flyer he only pictured of Krystal and the restaurant was nearby so he went down to that restaurant.Kai followed a restaurant with six people inside all enjoying rice noodles in a small noodle house.He sat down by himself and looked at the menu on his table.There was so much to choose from bibimbap,kimbap,bulgogi, you name it.

"May I take your order?"asked the waitress.

"Jasmine tea and special fried rice please"Kai read from the menu.When he finished reading the menu he looke at the waitress and they exchanged looks of surprise.