Dr Choo

Before the Sun Sets

The Jung family were on the way to the doctors and Jessica and Krystal were eating ice cream.

Krystal her ice cream twice"Where are we going?".

Mrs Jung smiled"Uh,we're going to the doctors to check your health but of course you have excellent health".

Krystal smiled and nodded"Can we watch a movie later?".

Mrs Jung had teary eyes and so she wiped her eyes"Of course,whatever you desire".

Jessica looked sad and smiled at Krystal.

At the hospital...

"Jessica go play in the kid's corner okay"said Mrs Jung.

Jessica looked sad but she did what she was told and started toplay with the plushies and lego.

Krystal gently tugged Mrs Jung's shirt"Mum,mum can I go to?".

"After okay,I promise"replied Mrs Jung."First let's go to the doctors".

"Jung Krystal"said a doctor with the name tag Dr Choo and a clipboard.

Mr and Mrs Jung took a deep breath and walked into the room and followed Dr Choo.

"Hello"said Dr Choo."And this is Krystal,awww how adorable!".

"Hello"said the Jung's.

Dr Choo gave Krystal a kid's headphone to wear"So Krystal put this on first okay you can listen to music and also you can colour in,in the corner over there".

Krystal nodded and took the headphones then went to the corner.

"So what's the problem?"asked Dr Choo.

"I think our daughter has a brain tumour...I researched it online"Mrs Jung said with teary eyes.

"What has happened that made you think like this?"asked Dr Choo.

Mrs Jung took a deep breath and Mr Jung put his hand on her back for comfort"Well she is very forgetful,I was showing her flashcards and she got them all right but when we went through them again in the same order she forgot all of them.Also she broke a glass cup by accident buut she said she couldn't feel it".

Dr Choo nodded and payed close attention"I see".

"Please don't tell me these are actual symptoms of a brain tumour".

Dr Choo took a deep breath"I'm sorry but it is possible.From the looks of it ,it might be but we need to give her a CT scan for clarification.Her symptoms are temporary loss of touch and forgetfulness".

Mrs Jung took a deep breath and nodded.

After the CT Scan....

Dr Choo gave Krystal a lollipop"Thank you for being a well behaved girl,give this to your sister as well".

Mrs Jung smiled at Krystal"Go with your sister in the kid's corner okay?".

Krystal jumped in joy"Yay!".

Mr and Mrs Jung walked into Dr Choo's office and they sat down silently.

Mr and Mrs Jung held each others hand tightly"What's the result doctor?".

Dr Choo took a deep breath and put the images of Krystal's brain and pointed"This is a CT scan of Krystal's brain and near the cerebellum is a small tumour....I'm very sorry".

Mrs Jung started to cry"But there is a way to cure this.Right?Dr Choo please tell me!".

"Very few survive but Krystal definitely has a chance.I'll do my best for her to live.She's still to young for surgeries but she will have to keep visiting me on a regular basis so I can observe and prevent the tumour from getting worse.It's still very small so it is most likely she'll live" said Dr Choo with teary eyes.

"At what age do you think she'll live up to?"asked Mrs Jung.

Dr Choo looked at Mrs Jing with empathy"It really is hard to tell at this time but it can vary.In her case 16-25 years old".

Mrs Jung covered and tears fell on her cheek.