Recall

Before the Sun Sets

It had been almost a week and still Krystal was in her coma.Her family was starting to doubt that she would ever wake up.Everyday they would visit her and so did Kai.He would put carnations beside her everyday and smile but it didn't last long.

It was a Thursday afternoon and everyone was there wideawake except for Kai,he was seated next to Krystal and he lay on his folded arms sleeping with his hand on top of Krystal's.

Mrs Jung was reading a newspaper,Yoonbaek was on his iphone,Mr Jung was blowing his coffee and all Jessica was doing was staring at Krystal.She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment then opened them.

When she opened her eyes she saw Krystal breathing.At first she thought she was hallucinating but she walked up to Krystal and placed her hand on her chest and her ear close to Krystal's nose.She jumped"Krystal's waking!".

The others smiled in a long time and quickly gathered around Krystal.Kai was woken up by Jessica who was nudging him"Krystal's waking".He slowly opened his eyes then looked at Krystal who was slowly waking up.

Krystal opened her eyes slowly and had slurred vision at first but it became clearer.

Mrs Jung had teary eyes and she smiled"Thank you so much God.Krystal do you still remember me?".

Krystal nodded slowly"You're my mum".

"How about me?"asked her dad.

"dad"replied Krystal.

"Me?"asked Jessica looking nervous.

"Jessica"answered Krystal which made Jessica sigh with relief.

Yoonbaek looked even more nervous"Me?".

"Yoonbaek".

Kai smiled and grabbed her hand"And I am?".

Krystal stood at Kai blankly"You are...You are..You are".

Kai's smiled slowly faded"please tell me you know me".

Krystal slowly shook her head then looked at her parents.

Everyone in the room looked shocked even Yoonbaek who considers Kai as a rival.

"Kai"replied Kai.

Krystal shook her head"I...I..I'm sorry".

Kai nodded slowly and then tried to smile.