Reunion

Before the Sun Sets

Kai and Krystal covered their eyes with their hands to block out the sun.

"I think it's this house according to my phone"pointed out Krystal to a house situated between a convenient store and dental clinic.

Krystal knocked on the door,not to hard and not to soft"Hello".

Naeun opened the door wearing a plain pink shirt and striped pajama pants,she looked as though she had just woken up"Hello".

Naeun brushed her hair with her fingers and then she looked at Kai and she rubbed her eyes again to make sure she wasn't hallucinating"Kai?".

Kai nodded and she gave him a big and tight hug"Hello!".After that she also gave Krystal a hug."Come in,Come in".

As they entered the house,the first thing that caught the eye of Kai was a family picture of himself,his parents,Taemin and Naeun when they were young.He walked towards it and picked it up.Naeun put her arm on his shoulder"This is the only family photo we have with all of us in it".

Kai nodded"Can I see dad?".

Naeun nodded and led him and Krystal to the only room besides the lounge and kitchen.She placed a bowl of galbi tang for her father beside the table drawer"Dad someone wants to see you".

"Whoever that is tell them I don't want to see them right now"replied her father.

Kai stepped out in to the room and smiled shyly"Da..da.dad".He bowed formally.

His father put on his eyeglasses and got sat up.Quickly Kai helped himsit up."Kai?".

Kai nodded,his father embraced him tightly and warmly"My son".

Naeun and Krystal had teary eyes but they tried to hide it.Everytime a tear drop fell Krystal would wipe her tears with the sleeve of her jumper.

"My son who is now a man,you are so handsome.It reminds me of myself during my teenage years"His father said.

Kai smiled shyly"Thank you".

His father looked past Kai's shoulders and smiled"Who's that pretty girl,your girlfriend?".

Krystal looked shy and so did Kai."Yes"replied Kai respectfully.

"I always know when I see a one true pair and I am witnessing one now right in front of me"his father complimented.

Kai and Krystal blushed a light shade of pink"thank you".

"Ah Naeun,please give me and your brother some time to talk personally"Her father requested.

Naeun nodded and she and Krystal went out.Naeun made Krystal feel welcome"Ah Krystal sit sit".

Krystal nodded and smiled.Naeun placed a bowl of Kimchi fried rice on the low table"sorry it's only what we have".

Krystal smiled"Don't worry I really like Kimchi fried rice.I will eat well".

I'm just going to wash up the dishes"Naeun said.

Krystal nodded.She could slightly hear the conversation of the two in the room

"You came to me just to help me from my disease and to be able to maintain your relationship with Krystal since your stepfather didn't let you?"said Kai's father.

Kai nodded"Yes but you need help and I love you both".

"Where are you going to get the money to pay for my hospital fees?"asked Kai's father.

"I will work and study hard"Kai replied.

"Don't only think of the people you love,think about yourself as well"Kai's father replied."How can you balance school,family,work and love at once?".

Kai looked down"I will find a way".

"No Kai just go back I don't need treatment,I'm close to dying anyway"his father said.

"No dad.I don't care what happens to me.You need to live"Kai replied.

"And when you're gone,how about me,Naeun,your mother,stepfather and more importantly Krystal?"asked Kai's father.

Kai became quiet.Krystal took a bite of the rice and swallowed it whole.She listened to the whole conversation and tears fell into the bowl.