Scar

Before the Sun Sets

Kai stared into Krystal's eyes seriouslyy"Not even an image of me?".

Krystal shook her head slowly and had teary eyes"I'm...I'm sorry".

Kai clenched his fist and had teary eyes to.

"He's your boyfriend"replied Mrs Jung.

Krystal's expression turned into a puzzled look"Isn't it Yoonbaek".

Everyone's started to worry more especially Kai"I..I am".

"O...oh"replied Krystal slowly.

Kai had not moved from his chair all day instead he has been talking about himself to Krystal"I do jazz and contemporary dance".

Krystal nodded slowly and then the door opened,it was Yoonbaek.She smiled widely"Yoonbaek!Can you get me banana milk?".

Yoonbaek smiled and then looked at Kai who looked sad which made his smile fade"why not Kai?".

Krystal nodded slowly and smiled"If that's okay with you".

Kai smiled and then walked out with a sad yet happy face.

"Yoonbaek"said Krystal slowly.

"Yes?"replied Yoonbaek.

"I remember Kai"replied Krystal.

Yoonbaek turned around and seemed more interested"then why don't you tell him?".

Krystal started to tear up"Because,because I don't want to be a burden to Kai".

"What?"replied Yoonbaek.

"Kai has sacrificed so much already,his relationship with his mother and stepfather"said Krystal."And he needs to prioritse his real dad since he has an illness but I don't want to be a burden".

"You're not a burden,Kai loves you so much.You're basically the only thing he thinks of when he wakes up and before he sleeps.Even though Kai is a rival to me,I actually would prefer him to be with you than me because he'll take care of you better than I will"replied Yoonbaek standing up.

Krystal cried more"I know I'm not going to live long as well.It's better for me to hurt him now and start new with someone else than to be with him always and leave a scar on him for his whole life".

"Either way,the same thing will happen"replied Yoonbaek.He went up to Krystal and hugged her and she released all her tears

"Don't tell anyone especially Kai that I can remember him".Yoonbaek nodded.

Kai opened the door and saw the two hugging as he held the banana milk in one hand.He closed the door behind him and walked away.